Page 1 of 1

How long would Kratom Tea “keep” in the fridge?

Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:24 pm
by trigger
I made a big batch awhile back and put the extra in a water bottle and stuck it in the fridge and forgot about it. There’s nothing growing in it and no bad smells, but it’s been a long time. Should I dump it or is it fine?

Re: How long would Kratom Tea “keep” in the fridge?

Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:42 pm
by acejestyr15
How long ago?? I'd say if smells fine and looks fine I wouldn't worry.... But it may not be too effective especially if u used some kind of acid in brewing your tea. Over time acids actually degrade the alkaloids unless neutralized with something like baking soda.

Here's some additional info in my tea brewing thread....

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4847

Re: How long would Kratom Tea “keep” in the fridge?

Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:46 pm
by BallzDeep9
There IS a science paper around somewhere, discussing how Mitra degrades in citric acid over time.. I don't have the Link handy but it's the basis for many Tea drinkers who watch Exp Date on their batch.. and even add a lil' baking soda to try & raise the pH Level.

I do TEST pH Level, and use the baking soda trick.. which only seems to get fair results (don't wanna use too much!).. My batch of Tea lasts, about 5 days.

How's it going man? Wash your hands! :D