Page 1 of 1
Storage methods?
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:13 am
by Back2K
Is it okay to just keep the kratom in the bag? I have been seeing people saying glass jars, silica bags, etc. like dam I never really made that much effort or have space to store all that. But I also feel like having it in glass jars and in the cabinets would be more convenient for taking kratom in the morning. I just kind of felt like I had to almost “hide” it from my wife, but she does know I’m using it to get off subs. Maybe I should just throw it in some jars.
I’m thinking people’s jars must be what’s in their “rotation”, haha. As far as Kratom that’s not having the benefit of being in your jars, then is just keeping it in the bag it came in sufficient for not allowing it to “spoil” or whatever, as long as it’s not damaged?
Re: Storage methods?
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 am
by Klyded
EXPERIENCE: Kept in original bag, out of light, heating, moisture et cetera, I've seen no degradation up to 3 years. Now though, if I a committing something to the stash I make certain there is no air in the bag and shrink wrap it tight and place that inside another zip-loc just because I figure that has to be better for the long haul.
I think the key is just making sure it isn't exposed to any elements, most importantly being air/moisture/light.
Re: Storage methods?
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 am
by fusedflora
I use by bags for rotational stuff. If it's too much for the bag, I'll use a locking jar.
Just make sure to get good bags that don't fail after multiple openings.
Re: Storage methods?
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:39 pm
by MycatTimmy
I keep a small amount of whats in my current rotation in quart sized ziplock freezer bags. I like the freezer bags because they are thick and the zipper is fairly sturdy. Plus I can write the strain, vendor, batch, date etc on the front of the bag. And when I’m finished I can roll the bag up then zip it closed thereby expelling all the air prior to zippering shut. They also take up very little room as you can kind of stack them up on top of each other. I keep 2 stacks going. As I use out of a bag I place it on the used stack. Then I don’t reuse that strain until my current stack is gone. Then I just start all over again.
I like the ones you press closed. They seem to last longer than the ones with the little tab that you move back and forth
Re: Storage methods?
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:15 pm
by SanPedroLover
"Cool, dark, and dry" are words to live by.
Re: Storage methods?
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:11 pm
by BigD
whats the longest anyone kept their kratom for?
Re: Storage methods?
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:31 pm
by Love_Redz
I leave it stored in bag it came in if it’s of good quality, if I’m going to put in rotation I have small saline jars that you can put up to 60 grams in and get my servings from there, I usually keep ten jars filled with different leaf til I need to refill one