Page 1 of 1

Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:53 am
by SimonBcv
Anyone tried watching healing ASMR youtube video after taking Kratom with their headphones on?
Feels like it enhances the experience.

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:06 am
by Burninator
If it’s a slow red I feel like that would be excruciating for me. Even slight but sudden noises send a jolt through my stomach on those. Especially Bali’s.

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:10 pm
by Banana pants
Only if I want my skin to crawl :D. ASMR just sounds like wet mouth noises to me. Straight heebie jeebies :lol:

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:19 pm
by YngwieShreds
Wtf is ASMR?

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:01 pm
by Greyfeather
YngwieShreds wrote:Wtf is ASMR?
Coined in 2010, ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) is a relaxing, often sedative sensation that begins on the scalp and moves down the body. Also known as "brain massage," it's triggered by placid sights and sounds such as whispers, accents, and crackles.
Basically, a person whispers into a microphone while doing ordinary things: eating, writing with a pen, tapping things, stroking different surfaces/textures, crumpling plastics, touching sticky things - all with great intention and seriousness. I find it incredibly annoying - especially the whispering. Some celebrities record sessions with a little bit of knowing satire.

Like BananaPants wrote: "wet mouth sounds."

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm
by BallzDeep9
like a Billie Eilish song :P

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:43 pm
by YngwieShreds
Greyfeather wrote:
YngwieShreds wrote:Wtf is ASMR?
Coined in 2010, ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) is a relaxing, often sedative sensation that begins on the scalp and moves down the body. Also known as "brain massage," it's triggered by placid sights and sounds such as whispers, accents, and crackles.
Basically, a person whispers into a microphone while doing ordinary things: eating, writing with a pen, tapping things, stroking different surfaces/textures, crumpling plastics, touching sticky things - all with great intention and seriousness. I find it incredibly annoying - especially the whispering. Some celebrities record sessions with a little bit of knowing satire.

Like BananaPants wrote: "wet mouth sounds."
Oh ok. Thanks. Sounds kooky and not my style lol

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:48 pm
by Greyfeather
BallzDeep9 wrote:like a Billie Eilish song :P
This is the most perfect description of her 'style' I have ever read. Kudos :lol:

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:59 pm
by Greyfeather
YngwieShreds wrote:
Greyfeather wrote:
YngwieShreds wrote:Wtf is ASMR?
Coined in 2010, ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) is a relaxing, often sedative sensation that begins on the scalp and moves down the body. Also known as "brain massage," it's triggered by placid sights and sounds such as whispers, accents, and crackles.
Basically, a person whispers into a microphone while doing ordinary things: eating, writing with a pen, tapping things, stroking different surfaces/textures, crumpling plastics, touching sticky things - all with great intention and seriousness. I find it incredibly annoying - especially the whispering. Some celebrities record sessions with a little bit of knowing satire.

Like BananaPants wrote: "wet mouth sounds."
Oh ok. Thanks. Sounds kooky and not my style lol
It does seem very kooky to me; but then a lot of trends do ;)

I certainly haven't listened to ALL of it - mostly sessions recorded with VISUALS (which kinda adds to the ugh factor)

There are probably some versions out there that really are soothing. Who didn't love being told bed time stories as kids? Anyway, I apologize if I offended the Original Poster, SimonBcv. When you find something that gives you some peace, that is a GIFT. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks :)

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:15 am
by SimonBcv
Hey Grayfeather no worries, I know ASMR does not have the same effect on everyone, I don't listen to most of ASMR youtubers either but there are a few who are pretty good.

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:57 am
by Payshince
ASMR seems to be becoming more and more widely loved and known. At first I thought it was some kind of “porn” or something but it’s actually therapeutic for a lot of people and helps people relax and gives ppl “goosebumps”.

I say keep an open mind and try checking some out despite how corny it may be.

Re: Kratom and ASMR ?

Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:56 pm
by WarmFoothills
I enjoy it lol, but I am pretty sensitive to ASMR to begin with. I get it even from just certain peoples' voices who are just talking normally.