Page 1 of 1

People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:49 pm
by NanookR
I’m fairly new to Kratom myself and am in the process of introducing Kratom to my mom. She’s has severe pain from an old back trauma as well as neuropathies. Currently she’s taking Tramadol, GABA, Soma and Advil multiple times a day and restoril every night to get to sleep. We’re hoping that she can maybe use kratom to get off some of those.
I tend to prefer the more energetic effects and don’t have much pain (Knock on something...) so I am trying to figure out where would be a good place for her to start for pain management.

She’s not used to taking opiates or hardly anything really before recently and she doesn’t like the way they make her feel. I’m thinking she should start with .5 or 1.0 grams (I have .5 gram capsules for her) and maybe take a little more if it’s not helping after 30-40 minutes.
And I am hoping I have a batch that will be good for pain relief for her. This is where I’m lost.

I have several TFH options on hand for her to try:
Red Rocket
Suma red
Red horn reserve
Chocolate Bent
Ivory
Wild Yellow Samarinda
Yellow md
Wild white sumpur
Wild white Vietnam
Classic white Maeng Da
Green md
30 year wild super green
30 year wild Green Hangat
Green Hulu Kapua
Old fashioned green river

Anyone with some help here would be great. I hate seeing her miserable all the time, and I’m concerned with all the dea/fda propaganda that she might get spooked. I really hope for it to work with her the first time.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:12 pm
by e_poison
I used kratom to get off of tramadol, so maybe I can be of assistance. Basically I tapered off the tramadol slowly. It's a very strong drug because it's not only used for pain management but it also has antidepressant properties. So it's basically a double whammy when trying to come off it. Do not go cold turkey off the tramadol as it can cause seizures.

Not sure what her dose is, but mine was 200mg per day. So I cut back to 150mg/day for a couple weeks, then dropped to 100mg/day for a couple weeks, and then 50mg for a couple weeks, then 25mg/day for a couple weeks. This was all overseen by my doctor who had me on a very slow taper because he was one of the educated ones aware of how strong tramadol actually is and how dangerous it is to quit suddenly.

Once I was done with the tramadol, I started the kratom at around 2-3g per dose a couple times per day. I had zero withdrawal from the tramadol with a slow taper and immediately substituting kratom at the end of the taper.

As for the other prescription medicines your mom takes, I can't comment on because I've never taken them. But just be aware with the tramadol it has to be done safely and slowly.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:36 pm
by NanookR
e_poison wrote:I used kratom to get off of tramadol, so maybe I can be of assistance. Basically I tapered off the tramadol slowly. It's a very strong drug because it's not only used for pain management but it also has antidepressant properties. So it's basically a double whammy when trying to come off it. Do not go cold turkey off the tramadol as it can cause seizures.

Not sure what her dose is, but mine was 200mg per day. So I cut back to 150mg/day for a couple weeks, then dropped to 100mg/day for a couple weeks, and then 50mg for a couple weeks, then 25mg/day for a couple weeks. This was all overseen by my doctor who had me on a very slow taper because he was one of the educated ones aware of how strong tramadol actually is and how dangerous it is to quit suddenly.

Once I was done with the tramadol, I started the kratom at around 2-3g per dose a couple times per day. I had zero withdrawal from the tramadol with a slow taper and immediately substituting kratom at the end of the taper.

As for the other prescription medicines your mom takes, I can't comment on because I've never taken them. But just be aware with the tramadol it has to be done safely and slowly.
Thanks e_poison. That’s some great info. Thanks for taking the time!
Do any of the batches I listed stand out to you for pain relief?

Also my husband is working his way off suboxone and we are wondering if the batch matters for him to keep from getting withdrawals? Will he get the best results with “reds” since their effects are closer to an opiate? Just curious. Thanks

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:02 am
by Oletimer
Gumbyke would know, , :idea:

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:34 am
by NanookR
You’re right! Lol genius.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:47 am
by CatfatherB
I'd like to add, agmatine Sulfate paired with kratom works very effectively, most people say that it blunts the moodlift, works great for pain though.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:07 am
by NanookR
That sounds great for her. TYVM!

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:13 pm
by HappyHulu
I think that's great NanookR that you're trying to help her get off of the Tramadol. I'm trying to ween off it myself. By any chance is she on the Extended Release kind? I ask because I'm looking for answers too. Some say you can split up the ER kind and some say you can't... can't get a straight answer. I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just thought maybe I'd get an answer on here, as well. Anyway good luck with your mom!

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:58 pm
by jabro70
I would not give her any of the more energizing Greens or Whites to begin with. The Chocolate Bent should be great for her in the evening. For daytime I would suggest the Red Horn Reserve, Suma Red, or even the Yellow Sam. Some yellows can be pretty energetic, but I thought the Sam was a little slower and anxiolytic.
When I introduced my father (71) to Kratom, I started with strictly pain relieving reds and some heavy reds and Bents for sleep. He enjoyed those, but he really liked the KTC Yellow Borneo I gave him later for anxiety. Now he enjoys a pretty wide variety, but he still hates the way whites and really fast greens make him feel.
Good luck and I hope it works for her.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:21 pm
by NanookR
HappyHulu wrote:I think that's great NanookR that you're trying to help her get off of the Tramadol. I'm trying to ween off it myself. By any chance is she on the Extended Release kind? I ask because I'm looking for answers too. Some say you can split up the ER kind and some say you can't... can't get a straight answer. I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just thought maybe I'd get an answer on here, as well. Anyway good luck with your mom!
Np happy. But sorry she’s not on the extended so I have no idea.
jabro70 wrote:I would not give her any of the more energizing Greens or Whites to begin with. The Chocolate Bent should be great for her in the evening. For daytime I would suggest the Red Horn Reserve, Suma Red, or even the Yellow Sam. Some yellows can be pretty energetic, but I thought the Sam was a little slower and anxiolytic.
When I introduced my father (71) to Kratom, I started with strictly pain relieving reds and some heavy reds and Bents for sleep. He enjoyed those, but he really liked the KTC Yellow Borneo I gave him later for anxiety. Now he enjoys a pretty wide variety, but he still hates the way whites and really fast greens make him feel.
Good luck and I hope it works for her.
Thanks Jabro I really appreciate your advice! I am researching here trying to figure out an economical way to stock her up.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:34 am
by Sneakers
I second what Jabro said. For me, the best pain relieving strains I've ever had were bents. I think the only TFH bent I had was the rustic and it was average in pain-relief, but you should try what you have including those reds (possibly not the rocket red as I've heard thats more energizing.) The muna though is good and the other good one I have is the red hangat. If you wanna try another vendor I'm familiar with Fused Flora and the bent kap is great (really good muscle relaxant effect for me) and some of the reds (I forget which, I think the bali, md, maybe the takengon?) Also, I think your dosing idea is good. Keep it low and if necessary work up from there, but I'd keep it low the first few days.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:06 am
by NanookR
Sneakers wrote:I second what Jabro said. For me, the best pain relieving strains I've ever had were bents. I think the only TFH bent I had was the rustic and it was average in pain-relief, but you should try what you have including those reds (possibly not the rocket red as I've heard thats more energizing.) The muna though is good and the other good one I have is the red hangat. If you wanna try another vendor I'm familiar with Fused Flora and the bent kap is great (really good muscle relaxant effect for me) and some of the reds (I forget which, I think the bali, md, maybe the takengon?) Also, I think your dosing idea is good. Keep it low and if necessary work up from there, but I'd keep it low the first few days.
Thanks sneakers! I’ve been meaning to check out some fused flora. Appreciate the info!

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:59 am
by sadi47
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here in this community and actually I want to hear from you about the uses and benefits of kratom. actually I have been facing backaches for the last one year and now I have tired from it. I was looking for some natural treatment on the internet for this problem and as a result, I found kratom. I have read different detailed articles on some good sites like https://www.newtreatments.org, https://buy-kratom-online.us, https://www.jpronline.info, these are my favorite sites where I got really good and detailed information about kratom and their articles convinced me and I have decided to add kratom in my routine diet.

But the problem is, I have no local kratom dealer or vendor in my neighboring or in my city. I decided to buy it on the internet but almost a week ago I have seen an article
( https://www.kratomtips.com/advantages-a ... tom-online ) which makes me confused about buying kratom online. The thing confused me about this is that we all can see the internet is so populated by the kratom vendors throughout the globe, definitely, some of them are not providing the good quality kratom as they have mentioned on their websites.

I joined this forum to get some help and guidance in this regard and I also want to discuss my experiences related to kratom here in the future. please guide me and suggest me about this confusion.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to a positive response.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:25 pm
by NanookR
sadi47 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here in this community and actually I want to hear from you about the uses and benefits of kratom. actually I have been facing backaches for the last one year and now I have tired from it. I was looking for some natural treatment on the internet for this problem and as a result, I found kratom. I have read different detailed articles on some good sites like https://www.newtreatments.org, https://buy-kratom-online.us, https://www.jpronline.info, these are my favorite sites where I got really good and detailed information about kratom and their articles convinced me and I have decided to add kratom in my routine diet.

But the problem is, I have no local kratom dealer or vendor in my neighboring or in my city. I decided to buy it on the internet but almost a week ago I have seen an article
( https://www.kratomtips.com/advantages-a ... tom-online ) which makes me confused about buying kratom online. The thing confused me about this is that we all can see the internet is so populated by the kratom vendors throughout the globe, definitely, some of them are not providing the good quality kratom as they have mentioned on their websites.

I joined this forum to get some help and guidance in this regard and I also want to discuss my experiences related to kratom here in the future. please guide me and suggest me about this confusion.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to a positive response.
I know what you mean about all of the confusing and contradicting information about kratom. I had never heard of it before a few months ago. This forum has a lot of great information and very helpful members. For most of my questions I found answers by searching this forum.
I started taking it because I’d like to take less prescription meds for my anxiety and depression. I haven’t had to take a benzo in weeks so I am very pleased with the results. What is amazing and completely surprised me is how much better my blood glucose levels have been. I had a few hypoglycemic episodes before I realized how much better my body is processing glucose. I’ve been diabetic for 8 years and had to start taking insulin a couple years later. So going from up to 5 shots a day to 1 is a great improvement.
Welcome and nice to meet you. :D

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:26 pm
by BallzDeep9
sadi47 wrote: I was looking for some natural treatment on the internet for this problem and as a result, I found kratom. I have read different detailed articles on some good sites like https://www.newtreatments.org, https://buy-kratom-online.us, https://www.jpronline.info, these are my favorite sites where I got really good and detailed information about kratom ...
Kratom IS the #1 SCAM online! :P The Internet is full of bullshit "Fake Science" sites which direct you to the same, crappy, high price vendors.. AKA vendors, who are mainly IN this for the money. $300 a kilo vendors! Avoid all AKA vendors!
  • "Journal Of Pharmacy & Research" = fake science/ Shill site for Coastline, TPM.
  • "New Treatments", newtreatments.org = fake science / Shill site for Coastline, Gaia.
  • "Buy Kratom Online" buy-kratom-online.us = Shill site for Coastline, Crazy, Hippo, PurKratom, etc
NONE of those vendors, are listed on the Original Reddit Vendor List now on Saidit dot net! https://saidit.net/s/KratomVendors/

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:55 pm
by Adrumaddict
NanookR wrote:I’m fairly new to Kratom myself and am in the process of introducing Kratom to my mom. She’s has severe pain from an old back trauma as well as neuropathies. Currently she’s taking Tramadol, GABA, Soma and Advil multiple times a day and restoril every night to get to sleep. We’re hoping that she can maybe use kratom to get off some of those.
I tend to prefer the more energetic effects and don’t have much pain (Knock on something...) so I am trying to figure out where would be a good place for her to start for pain management.

She’s not used to taking opiates or hardly anything really before recently and she doesn’t like the way they make her feel. I’m thinking she should start with .5 or 1.0 grams (I have .5 gram capsules for her) and maybe take a little more if it’s not helping after 30-40 minutes.
And I am hoping I have a batch that will be good for pain relief for her. This is where I’m lost.

I have several TFH options on hand for her to try:
Red Rocket
Suma red
Red horn reserve
Chocolate Bent


Ivory
Wild Yellow Samarinda
Yellow md
Wild white sumpur
Wild white Vietnam
Classic white Maeng Da
Green md
30 year wild super green
30 year wild Green Hangat
Green Hulu Kapua
Old fashioned green river

Anyone with some help here would be great. I hate seeing her miserable all the time, and I’m concerned with all the dea/fda propaganda that she might get spooked. I really hope for it to work with her the first time.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

Restoril (Tamazepam) is a powerful hypnotic Benzodiazepine, please be very careful stopping this medication and consult with a physician before attempting this, as withdrawal from Benzodiazepines can be life threatening. I don't mean to scare you, if only a small amount is being taken at night for sleep I'm sure it will be fine, but please speak with a doctor first regardless.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:17 am
by Mahoganyrush
Hi, the worst withdrawals I have ever experienced have been tramadol so please be careful and do a slow taper, any of the red strains you have will work well for pain, works great for me after two back surgeries in 5 years.

Re: People who take kratom for pain, help please

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:40 pm
by NanookR
Thanks for all of your guidance here. She’s taking it super slow but steady. She’s actually talked my dad into trying it to help his fatigue and depression. I was surprised because he has always been very stubborn about taking any meds even those he is prescribed. They both are noobs with kratom but very intelligent and aware of the necessity for mom to ween off of both benzos and tramadol.