Page 1 of 1

No Perfect Morning Burns Anymore?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:20 am
by DontSlipBananaClip
When I first started taking kratom a few years ago it did not matter what day it was or how bad my tolerance was, my morning burns were always the absolute best. Nowadays, my morning doses do slim to nothing for me. It’s only on my 2 last doses of the day that I get that amazing euphoria. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, does anyone know what may be the cause for it?

Re: No Perfect Morning Burns Anymore?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:45 am
by Spencemastaflex
I still get a halfway decent morning burn but my last two are always great, end of the day is when I stack the dark reds and nod off

Re: No Perfect Morning Burns Anymore?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:57 am
by KurtisCards
I went through a period where I experienced the same thing. I found out that I was doing all the fun stuff at night and that accentuated my burns. Morning I was doing anything but looking at stuff online or watching tv, so it didnt seem as strong.

Things like your environment, or being active, having fun with friends or whatever, always seem to boost the feels.

What are you doing in the morning after dosing?

Re: No Perfect Morning Burns Anymore?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:32 am
by D_B_C
KurtisCards wrote:I went through a period where I experienced the same thing. I found out that I was doing all the fun stuff at night and that accentuated my burns. Morning I was doing anything but looking at stuff online or watching tv, so it didnt seem as strong.

Things like your environment, or being active, having fun with friends or whatever, always seem to boost the feels.

What are you doing in the morning after dosing?




Very good point. I think you’re spot on with this

Re: No Perfect Morning Burns Anymore?

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 am
by Damen ck
For the best morning dose, one of the most important things is to have a full and restful night sleep. This helps the burn more than anything else I've ever in countered, even more important than staying hydrated. So maybe a cup or two of water first, then I always drink one cup of coffee, take several grams of Kratom maybe around 5 (I'm up early), but and take some of my medications which include anti-anxiety medications, follow it up by another 2 grams or so of ice lower strain. If you take the Kratom too early in the morning you run the risk of it putting you right back out to sleep, but if you time it right you get a desirable amount of energy and mood lifting. As always though, it depends on the strains. I usually finish up a second cup of coffee after everything is down. just my experience and what seems to work best for me. I used to make my coffee really strong but since I've cut back, and only take about 2/3 of what I used
....it's a lot more manageable, I would suggest it. (Unless you're really dragging ass.amd NEED a lo to finish the day, tolerance be damned

Whatever you do do not continue to redose to try to achieve that feeling that you are looking for. Kratom doesn't work that way and it has a funny way of punishing you by giving you nausea and the worst case of wobbles you've ever experienced. ;)

Re: No Perfect Morning Burns Anymore?

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:10 am
by Supersonic75
My morning regimen/experience greatly resemble Damen ck's above, and there's no doubt that the best Kratom experiences I've had (in terms of mood lift/energy) occurred after a really good night's sleep (and I'm often not a "great sleeper", so this doesn't usually happen). Of course my mood would be better with just a good night's sleep alone, so that definitely makes sense. But it does seem to affect the way the kraatom hits as well.

This morning was something kinda new for me. I was starting my first day of a stem and vein schedule that I wanted to try to get my tolerance down a bit. I got caught up in the math of dosing with the S&V for a while, drank my kratom and started doing a little work. I got a slow onset of a nice mood lift and a decent amount of energy, but I also was fearing that I'd dosed too early in the morning and that I could possibly still sleep in a while. Then I realized that in messing around with my dosing, I'd completely forgotten to make any coffee. So then I was actually kinda amazed that I was as alert/awake as I was from the kratom alone (I really like my coffee, especially the first cup :) ). Now I've added the coffee in and am still feeling the kratom in a really nice way. It was almost as if having it without coffee at first allowed me to really feel the effects, and now a boost with the coffee on top. I might have to try this again, though I'm pretty sure it won't be the same, cuz I find that kratom experiences are always a little different, every time :D