Page 1 of 1
What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc..)
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:16 pm
by Shkratom
What do you guys prefer to buy when you get kratom? Also, how much are you willing to spend on a kilo?
I prefer a split kilo and like to keep it under $100 personally.
Re: What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:52 pm
by onespeedstop
Split kilo value buyer here too, and yeah, $100 is plenty enough to get some good stuff these days. No idea how some companies move kilos at $149 and up, or why people pay that much, considering it's online, just ask Google and look 3 or 4 other places and yer bound to find some way cheaper.

Re: What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:34 pm
by Greyfeather
onespeedstop wrote:Split kilo value buyer here too, and yeah, $100 is plenty enough to get some good stuff these days. No idea how some companies move kilos at $149 and up, or why people pay that much, considering it's online, just ask Google and look 3 or 4 other places and yer bound to find some way cheaper.

Last May I knew nothing about kratom. I was on a completely unrelated forum when, somehow, the subject came up: Kratom and pain. Thank goodness a guy told me about Double M, so I had a solid place to go right away. I can't imagine having to wade the treacherous waters of Scammy Kratom without all of the help I received here. I mean, seriously, some of those websites are SICK

with their "Guides" and "Science", their slick, convincing narratives and testimonials. I'm sure I would eventually have given up because I would have spent my savings on GARBAGE. So far I have only had to spend about $18 on bunk. I teach writing so I'm a hard sell, but those web designers and copy editors know just the RIGHT things to say; and they are gorgeous too. Sometimes I think they get 90% of their 'information' from THIS SITE; then they sculpt it into a dreamy scenario where only their kratom (for around $290) will send you into orbit
So, it's easier than you might think for these companies stay up and running. Even if Bob ends up disappointed, there will be a Chad or Chloe ready to order up that shiny package full of sadness.

Re: What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:42 pm
by Spencemastaflex
I always buy a sampler which many people do for first time customers, and then if I like certain strains from the sampler I order a larger amount of them
Re: What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:50 pm
by onespeedstop
Greyfeather wrote:So, it's easier than you might think for these companies stay up and running. Even if Bob ends up disappointed, there will be a Chad or Chloe ready to order up that shiny package full of sadness.

I guess that must be it, just an endless stream of noobs who won't take a couple of hours to research things. Oh well I guess, they'll either figure it out, or just keep paying too much. Hopefully those over-priced sites are at least selling people actual kratom, so they're only getting ripped off on the price and not the product.
Reddit used to be useful for getting to know who sells what at what price, but they enacted new rules 6 months or a year ago, so that's why some folks (like myself) come here now - to get actual info. on current products/vendors.
And don't get me started on the pseudo-science of kratom and marketing tactics. It's just kratom, it's not drugs, that's why we like it, it works a little bit without all the crazy side effects and high prices of "real drugs". Making medical claims is illegal, so if you see a kratom site doing that, consider reporting them to the FDA (I think ?).
Re: What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:01 pm
by CatfatherB
[quote="onespeedstop".
Reddit used to be useful for getting to know who sells what at what price, but they enacted new rules 6 months or a year ago, so that's why some folks (like myself) come here now - to get actual info. on current products/vendors.

/quote]
Reddit's Bann on sourcing was 2 years sgo..spring of '18...your correct tho..

Re: What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:44 pm
by WhiteAngelica
I buy small amounts & purchase as I can. I love variety. Anyone want to go in with me on a kratom box delivery service? I would love a multi-vendor monthly surprise!
Re: What do you like to buy (split kilo, sampler, 250 g, etc
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:54 pm
by onespeedstop
CatfatherB wrote:Reddit's Bann on sourcing was 2 years sgo..spring of '18...your correct tho..

Time flies I guess ha-ha. I think it just took me 6-12 months to wander around online and find Double M here, hence the "lost year". For a while my back was feeling decent and I rarely even used kratom, but then once the pain returned I started using it daily and that's around when I decided to branch out from my usual 2 suppliers. That said, I have yet to find anything "better" than I was getting. One of them is for sure gone/out of business now though, so it's good to find reliable new suppliers here, and to save $10-$20 on a kilo when someone has a sale that I otherwise would not be aware of.
Shockingly small number of kratom sellers do any kind of newsletter email, I don't think I ever got one from either of my original sources (both of whom had full websites you could order and pay through) and only have gotten them from maybe 2 in 5 or 6 of the new ones I've bought from.