Page 1 of 1
constipation solution
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:37 pm
by HoagsObject
A certain store brand has a four pack of small glycerin enemas that de-constipate quickly. However, this might be cost prohibitive for some if needed daily.
There is a cheaper solution.
You will need
1. Bottle of bulk glycerin (available online)
2. Monoject oral syringe (the kind with no needle)
A person could put some glycerin in the oral syringe and insert the syringe into their “backside”. A person could “hold in” the glycerin for a while. As soon as a person felt the strong urge to have a BM they could relieve themselves with relative ease. No more straining, or at least, far less straining.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:17 pm
by DontSlipBananaClip
I think I’d rather be constipated than to stick anything up my butt

Re: constipation solution
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:48 pm
by herbalhippie
Magnesium Citrate.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:10 pm
by Pete2000
I think I need to stop reading this forum before dinner.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:02 am
by Greyfeather
herbalhippie wrote:Magnesium Citrate.
Oh yeah, learned about Magnesium Citrate here (thank you very much). It's the way to "go."
I tried "up your butt" stuff AND the full on enema thing; all of the trouble with zero results. Not just once but three times.
Where was gravity when I needed it?

Re: constipation solution
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:27 am
by Klyded
It must be pointed out that Fleet, the brand of those glycerine mini enema bulbs, make the glycerin suppository which is insanely cheap (like 30 of them for 2 bucks or something).
And I'd venture to guess the suppository route would be far less "invasive" than the glycerine syringe- and cheaper than ordering the glycerine might I add...
... not that I know all this offhand as a result of personal experience or anything

Re: constipation solution
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 am
by Greyfeather
I'm not sure about laxatives. I took too many once (it can be really hard to determine how much you need) and had to spend half the day, on the john, pissing water out of my rear. I wouldn't want to be at work or anywhere but home if that happens. The problem with kratom - as I understand - is that the natural 'pulses' of the digestive tract are slowed down (as happens with opiates). Some laxatives force it to 'pick up the pace'. Then there are those preparations that just add a lot of fibrous bulk to the diet; they aren't likely to help because you're just going to get backed up even further. Again, Magnesium Citrate is the best solution I've found.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:34 am
by Klyded
Mag citrate is definitely the best choice if that works for an individual. Problem being that may not be helpful enough to some to remedy the issue because it only draws water into the colon- in and of itself that wont cause spasm/wave movement to actually "go".
I have mechanical error due to hernias strangling the intestines and mag citrate + miralax + stimulant laxatives + probiotics+ stool softener still wont work without excessive force. Even with all that I still need to cue my guts to "work" with assistance from the other end with enema or glycerin. My issues are obviously complicated by much more than kratom though.
Now there is ONE very simple solution that seems to help more than anything else which is a mega dose of artificial sweetener. Particularly erythritol, sorbitol and xylitol by way of sugar free chocolate or candy makes a bigger difference than any of the aforementioned over the counter remedies for my meat suit.
At the end of the day we are all different and what works for one will not necessarily the next but at the very least, the magnesium DOES enhance my burns sooo I figure that cant hurt anyhow-lol
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:55 am
by Greyfeather
Very interesting. I did not know that's how Magnesium Citrate works!
Well, good old senna (tea or OTC) seems to work for those spasms but I really did over-do it one time.
Funny that you would mention artificial sweeteners. I'm guilty of really over using those (and I would warn anyone away from Aspartame = poison). I mostly use commercially prepared Stevia or Splenda. I should be pooping non-stop

. But, yes, I understand that Sorbitol and Xylitol are REALLY known for a laxative effect. I have never consumed enough to put it to the test (I have only encountered it in those gums they sell for dental care). I think they are some of the best sweeteners too. Thanks for the tip: I will be looking out for the chocolate
I'm sorry this is an ongoing issue for you. Since starting kratom I have been worrying about the possibility of hemorrhoids. I hear that they are NOT pleasant. It sounds like you know what's best for you. Might work for me too. Cheers!
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:01 am
by acejestyr15
Brewing and filtering as a tea rather than ingesting the plant matter truly helps BIGTIME.... Plus a small dose of mag citrate once a day or every other day keeps me perfectly normal for the most part!! Give TEA a shot....
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:34 am
by Klyded
acejestyr15 wrote:Brewing and filtering as a tea rather than ingesting the plant matter truly helps BIGTIME.
That line ^^ in particular need be a part of every kratomic-gut-health thread.
I firmly believe EVERYONE should give their tummy's a tea-day or two to have a break and "catch up", at the very least. Even if you're not presently experiencing issues as a daily T&W'er- I would still venture to guess the tea contributes largely to better long-term risk reduction of GI issues.
Greyfeather wrote:Very interesting. I did not know that's how Magnesium Citrate works!
Well, good old senna (tea or OTC) seems to work for those spasms but I really did over-do it one time.
Funny that you would mention artificial sweeteners. I'm guilty of really over using those (and I would warn anyone away from Aspartame = poison). I mostly use commercially prepared Stevia or Splenda. I should be pooping non-stop

. But, yes, I understand that Sorbitol and Xylitol are REALLY known for a laxative effect. I have never consumed enough to put it to the test (I have only encountered it in those gums they sell for dental care). I think they are some of the best sweeteners too. Thanks for the tip: I will be looking out for the chocolate
I'm sorry this is an ongoing issue for you. Since starting kratom I have been worrying about the possibility of hemorrhoids. I hear that they are NOT pleasant. It sounds like you know what's best for you. Might work for me too. Cheers!
Ahhh my friend, if you are still concerned over hemorrhoids cause you've not had the pleasure of even those yet I am sure you are of very decent intestinal fortitude

Hemorrhoids were like the meager beginnings of 19 other issues for me because they primarily stem from unnatural "movements" due to some form of taxation/over strenuous activity in the GI tract and exit there of.
I state "pleasure" as sarcastically as possible- you are correct Greyfeather, not at all enjoyable but mostly very benign. It sounds as though you've been good to your guts kind sir **thumbs up**
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:18 pm
by BallzDeep9
acejestyr15 wrote:Brewing and filtering as a tea rather than ingesting the plant matter truly helps BIGTIME ...
True, but it seems IF you want strong effects... you can't dump the
plant matter ??
Red Bubble Tea kept for 2 days in fridge - Still has full alkaloids, but it's been softened and broken down to where there's very little "sludge" remaining.
Constipation is NOT caused by plant matter - it's caused by the partial agonist, opioid LIKE effects on your digestive tract. There are some MU opioid receptors located in your intestines! Kratom's good effects do cause some mild constipation.
The Answer:
Prune Juice! 
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:48 pm
by herbalhippie
The only thing I eat with an artificial sweetener in it are Altoids Arctic peppermints and they're sweetened with sorbitol I believe. I eat a lot of those, not sure if they help with constipation though.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 pm
by D_B_C
I started taking a probiotic daily as suggested on this forum and it cured all my stomach issues. Simple fix for me.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:50 pm
by fusedflora
I'm with hippie, milk of magnesia hasn't done me wrong.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:23 am
by gengarshardowfairy
I'm happy people are talking about constipation. Recently I've feel like this big ball needs to come out and my bowel movements are not..idk how to explain it but it's like they aren't done nothing else comes out though lll just be straining there playing Picross on my Switch. I've been groggy too. First I thought it was the change in a strain recently but my diet has been crap and I haven't been moving or going outside at all just completely sedentary... it's all been making me nervous I already have anxiety issues I always go to worst case scenario and I don't have anyone to talk to
I recently got a 15day colon cleanse with Senna in it I eat about 5 prunes a day and I take a daily probiotic (50 billion CFU 20 Strain). As a back up I bought an enema bulb
I've been a T&W person since 2013 never had the problems of constipation people talked about until now but I went to find my discord and it's gone. I'm happy I have support at least here.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:12 pm
by f1vefour
I take a triple magnesium complex twice a day and that seems to help keep me regular, you can find it where vitamins and supplements are sold.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pm
by Greyfeather
I'm happy people are talking about constipation. Recently I've feel like this big ball needs to come out and my bowel movements are not..idk how to explain it but it's like they aren't done nothing else comes out though lll just be straining there playing Picross on my Switch.
Certainly, the whole experience can change. Once I started kratom, for a little 'Gal' (and a vegetarian), I could make some big poops, but now they're just little marbles and, yeah, never feels like your're finished. Sometimes not even every day. My diet has kind of gone to shit too. I'd make a big veg smoothie with broccoli, spinach, tomato and cauliflower and have that twice a day. Some pepper and cumin or tumeric - very nice. And I swear by oatmeal. It's a different kind of fiber that cleans out your entire system. I'm going to have to resume some good habits.
I recently got a 15day colon cleanse with Senna in it I eat about 5 prunes a day and I take a daily probiotic (50 billion CFU 20 Strain). As a back up I bought an enema bulb
How is this working out for you, gengarshardowfairy? I think eating prunes would be more delightful than just the juice

Re: constipation solution
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 am
by Kruh-Tom
Metamucil is a fantastic product for this issue. It won't undo constipation from massive kratom dosing but it will certainly help. It'll also give you the most glorious no wipe poops imaginable.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 am
by herbalhippie
I used metamucil a couple years ago when I was on the intermittent fasting diet because that diet will bind you up about as bad as Kratom does for some reason. between the metamucil and the magnesium citrate things seem to be working okay. Lol
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:57 am
by Klyded
herbalhippie wrote:I used metamucil a couple years ago when I was on the intermittent fasting diet because that diet will bind you up about as bad as Kratom does for some reason. between the metamucil and the magnesium citrate things seem to be working okay. Lol
Good God... I've done intermittent fasting for nearly 20 years... I've had these issues for at least a decade or better... I never did the math

Re: constipation solution
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:40 am
by herbalhippie
Klyded wrote:herbalhippie wrote:I used metamucil a couple years ago when I was on the intermittent fasting diet because that diet will bind you up about as bad as Kratom does for some reason. between the metamucil and the magnesium citrate things seem to be working okay. Lol
Good God... I've done intermittent fasting for nearly 20 years... I've had these issues for at least a decade or better... I never did the math

I will never understand why intermittent fasting is so constipating. I thought I was doing something wrong until I found the IF sub on Reddit and found out it's really a thing.

Re: constipation solution
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:58 am
by fusedflora
herbalhippie wrote:Klyded wrote:herbalhippie wrote:I used metamucil a couple years ago when I was on the intermittent fasting diet because that diet will bind you up about as bad as Kratom does for some reason. between the metamucil and the magnesium citrate things seem to be working okay. Lol
Good God... I've done intermittent fasting for nearly 20 years... I've had these issues for at least a decade or better... I never did the math

I will never understand why intermittent fasting is so constipating. I thought I was doing something wrong until I found the IF sub on Reddit and found out it's really a thing.

There's definitely something to this. I've been watching all the seasons of "alone" recently. The folks after 30 days or so of not eating due to lack of catching fish/snaring all complain about constipation. And their metabolisms are keto as hell as they have limited fats and are very active chopping wood etc... I think this is very similar to intermittent fasting, as I experience it too. I often miss meals at work and unconsciously IF, and guess what, with or without kratom I'm usually a bit backed up. Metamucil and milk of magnesia are awesome. I use multivitamins too, but I can easily tell a difference when i don't have meta!
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:30 pm
by instantKARMA
fusedflora wrote:
Metamucil and milk of magnesia are awesome. I use multivitamins too, but I can easily tell a difference when i don't have meta!
Right on! Meta and Milk of Magnesia have become a dietary staple!
It's the SHIT!

Re: constipation solution
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:49 pm
by TheStanman
The 'constipating' effect is one of my favorite parts of kratom

I have ulcerative colitis and it helps me have a much more normal digestive system.
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:52 pm
by Love_Redz
Oatmeal in the morning gets me going and pretty good may I add ,I second that greyfeather
Re: constipation solution
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:44 pm
by Greyfeather
Love_Redz wrote:Oatmeal in the morning gets me going and pretty good may I add ,I second that greyfeather
Plus it's just darned delicious and you really feel like you're doing something healthy (which you are

)
About intermittent fasting: I don't know if I do it the way it's supposed to be done, but I generally don't eat until early evening. All kinds of food make me sleepy if I'm sleep deprived (which is most of the time). I find that kratom (and my meds) take my hunger away too. I remember reading something about the act of chewing stimulating the bowels, and I think there must be something to that. So, if you aren't eating for 12-15 hours, maybe that's contributing? I used to chew a lot of gum. Don't know why I gave that up, hmmm.
