Page 1 of 1
Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:55 pm
by the_spookiest
I'm sure most of us have experienced the full spectrum of taste when it comes to powder consumption. some earthy, some harshly bitter, some smooth, dusty, grassy, etc. I think TFH leaf is the first vendor with anything that i have found pleasant, or something that tastes like it is 'meant' to be a tea. The 30 yr red hangat and the yellow aceh both fall into this category.
Any exceedingly good-tasting kratom linger in your palette? Anything taste super weird or unexpected?
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:05 pm
by herbalhippie
One of the TFH strains I got this week had an almost sour taste, I've never tasted a sour kratom before. Could have just been me. I can't remember offhand which strain it was.
I have a strain and I can't remember what vendor or strain so it must have been one of the greens or yellows I rarely use anymore. It has a noticeable floral taste and it's wonderful. Like they ground up flowers with the leaf.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:15 pm
by onespeedstop
Most of it just tastes like stale lawn clippings, or green tea at best ha-ha. I have had some that was kind of "bitter" before, and one kind that tasted sort of "burnt". Maybe the weirdest one is labelled as a white strain, and it has a kind of aspirin aftertaste to it, those last few sips especially - it tastes literally like chewing up an aspirin, not as strong of course, but hints of that exact taste.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:19 pm
by herbalhippie
I had one with a hint of woodsmoke once. That was rather nice.

Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:21 pm
by TheNihilist™
the_spookiest wrote:I'm sure most of us have experienced the full spectrum of taste when it comes to powder consumption. some earthy, some harshly bitter, some smooth, dusty, grassy, etc. I think TFH leaf is the first vendor with anything that i have found pleasant, or something that tastes like it is 'meant' to be a tea. The 30 yr red hangat and the yellow aceh both fall into this category.
Any exceedingly good-tasting kratom linger in your palette? Anything taste super weird or unexpected?
I had some Kratom from Kraydo once that tasted like what burnt rubber smells like. I put it away for a few days and tried again with the same results. Got in touch with Jake and there were many complaints for that batch. I think some leaves from a rubber tree must have gotten mixed in.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:54 pm
by brave777
TheNihilist™ wrote:the_spookiest wrote:I'm sure most of us have experienced the full spectrum of taste when it comes to powder consumption. some earthy, some harshly bitter, some smooth, dusty, grassy, etc. I think TFH leaf is the first vendor with anything that i have found pleasant, or something that tastes like it is 'meant' to be a tea. The 30 yr red hangat and the yellow aceh both fall into this category.
Any exceedingly good-tasting kratom linger in your palette? Anything taste super weird or unexpected?
I had some Kratom from Kraydo once that tasted like what burnt rubber smells like. I put it away for a few days and tried again with the same results. Got in touch with Jake and there were many complaints for that batch. I think some leaves from a rubber tree must have gotten mixed in.
A while back there was forests on fire in borneo you must of got a batch that was near the fire. i think you can find more info on reddit about it.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:58 pm
by f1vefour
herbalhippie wrote:I had one with a hint of woodsmoke once. That was rather nice.

Yeah I've had a red that was like that, but it wasn't pleasant to me.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:01 pm
by f1vefour
I generally like the taste of kratom. The earthiness of a good red, the bitterness of a bright green. What I really like is when you get a green that looks like matcha and has that faint green banana flavor, good stuff.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:05 pm
by FireK
Sosas leaf from early 2019 had the ripe banana taste, some also described it like strawberries....I havent had too many i didnt like the taste, Re-leaf had a dark red that was very earthy, almost like dirt but i didnt mind
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:03 pm
by CatfatherB
[quote="TheNihilist™"
I had some Kratom from Kraydo once that tasted like what burnt rubber smells like. I put it away for a few days and tried again with the same results. Got in touch with Jake and there were many complaints for that batch. I think some leaves from a rubber tree must have gotten mixed in.[/quote]
I remember a thread that came out here about some "stinky" Kraydo batches!!

Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:20 pm
by mivanqua
FireK wrote:Sosas leaf from early 2019 had the ripe banana taste, some also described it like strawberries....I havent had too many i didnt like the taste, Re-leaf had a dark red that was very earthy, almost like dirt but i didnt mind
Taste is one of many facets, and like you, I've grown to like it (hesitate to say "love.") Some things are worth the trouble.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:23 am
by parker99
f1vefour wrote:I generally like the taste of kratom. The earthiness of a good red, the bitterness of a bright green. What I really like is when you get a green that looks like matcha and has that faint green banana flavor, good stuff.
I agree! I'm a bit baffled by people who have a hard time choking it down. With an occasional exception I like the taste as well.
but I also love matcha, wheatgrass and a lot of other "greens" that most people don't.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:37 am
by herbalhippie
f1vefour wrote:herbalhippie wrote:I had one with a hint of woodsmoke once. That was rather nice.

Yeah I've had a red that was like that, but it wasn't pleasant to me.
Well, I'm someone that will deliberately stand/sit in campfire smoke so my jacket will smell of it for the next month but I'm weird like that.

Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 am
by Cbest011
I drink all my Kratom in water, and I gotta say, TFH has the best tasting. It’s very smooth and clean tasting. It also dissolves easily in the water. I use a bottle and only put a little water and soon as the Kratom hits the water, it just mixes nicely with out me mixing it up more. I also used to drink the old poppy seed tea back in my addict days and that was an extremely bitter one. Like dirt and crushed up Tylenol bitter! Kratom is nice compared to that crap!
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:55 pm
by Banana pants
I try to log my first impressions and include taste in those. I get a lot of salty/bile/bitter doses. Most taste like what I would expect lawn clippings brewed into tea to taste like

. One notable TFH strain, Green Dayak maybe, tastes and smells like a pumpkin. Not pumpkin spice or pumpkin pie, but what the inside of a fresh, raw pumpkin smells like when you open it up to carve it into a jack o'lantern. Very gourd like.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:18 pm
by RubberToes
TFH's Deep Jungle Maeng Da has a sort of wet bark smell, completely overpowers anything else in a mix, even if it is only a fraction of the blend.
At first i couldn't stand it, seemed so strong tasting, now i actually enjoy it, maybe because i really like the effect of this one, really mellow and relaxing
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:31 pm
by mivanqua
RubberToes wrote:TFH's Deep Jungle Maeng Da has a sort of wet bark smell, completely overpowers anything else in a mix, even if it is only a fraction of the blend.
At first i couldn't stand it, seemed so strong tasting, now i actually enjoy it, maybe because i really like the effect of this one, really mellow and relaxing
I.have to work myself up to that one.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:43 pm
by Jestrice2002
herbalhippie wrote:I had one with a hint of woodsmoke once. That was rather nice.

Yeah, I remember a few of those, back during the wildfires.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:45 pm
by Jestrice2002
herbalhippie wrote:One of the TFH strains I got this week had an almost sour taste, I've never tasted a sour kratom before. Could have just been me. I can't remember offhand which strain it was.
I have a strain and I can't remember what vendor or strain so it must have been one of the greens or yellows I rarely use anymore. It has a noticeable floral taste and it's wonderful. Like they ground up flowers with the leaf.
Me too! I was surprised when I tried it. Now I've got to figure out which one it was.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:58 pm
by Laika
Fused Flora's red bali tastes sweet, flowery, and every so slightly like strawberries
Benni Botanical's green goddess is so bitter it makes me want to cry.
The two TFH strains I've tried so far have not been pleasant taste-wise
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:42 pm
by Greyfeather
herbalhippie wrote:One of the TFH strains I got this week had an almost sour taste, I've never tasted a sour kratom before. Could have just been me. I can't remember offhand which strain it was.
I have a strain and I can't remember what vendor or strain so it must have been one of the greens or yellows I rarely use anymore. It has a noticeable floral taste and it's wonderful. Like they ground up flowers with the leaf.
That sounds like a red 'strain' to me. I love the reds but, yeah, they don't taste good. Sour is a perfect word for some of them and a few really do have a wood-smokey after taste. I just had some Wild Red Hulu Kapuas and that description fits it to a "T". You guys are so good at this. I should read more restaurant reviews or something

Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:35 pm
by Love_Redz
There have been a few strains that have the taste of stale beer that is not sold as fermented leaf but But the leaf has been good
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:39 am
by Spencemastaflex
Tfh deep jungle MD has the most amazing taste. Almost kind of a pine sort of taste or something. It tastes like an actual tree. Very unique I haven't tasted anything else like it.
Re: Let's Talk Taste
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:00 pm
by onespeedstop
Spencemastaflex wrote:Tfh deep jungle MD has the most amazing taste. Almost kind of a pine sort of taste or something. It tastes like an actual tree. Very unique I haven't tasted anything else like it.
^ Well, as a fan of Tanqueray, 'pine' flavored kratom sounds great, sign me up ha-ha.
