Page 1 of 1
Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:18 am
by jeans2tite
Is anyone else having trouble with Sosa Speciosa? I've ordered from them plenty in the past and its always gone well. But over a week ago I made an order that they couldnt ship out for 3 days, and even then it turns out they never gave USPS my order. I've been waiting for USPS to recieve the package since last wednesday and Sosa will not answer any of my emails. Is anyone else having a similiar issue?
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:24 pm
by Adrumaddict
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's been SOSA's M.O. recently. Sometimes it takes a while but so far they always get around to it. I don't know the entire story but it started with Ben becoming ill a few months back, and recently I've heard that there are some shipping challenges from Indonesia and I think Ben is assisting other vendors with that, but don't quote me on that one. Hang in there. It sucks but it's always worth it in the end lol. \m/
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:32 pm
by the_spookiest
i sent an email trying to get an order placed and never even heard back from that. i wont be bothering with it again unless someone sells some stuff on the trading post, which is a bummer, because im awfully curious to try a few of their strains. plenty of other people that seem to actively participate in the buying/selling interaction.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:18 pm
by Jestrice2002
I can't even get another response. At one point, he said he'd send me an invoice that night. Then, nothing.

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:27 pm
by BallzDeep9
Adrumaddict wrote:Yeah, I'm in the same boat ... It's been SOSA's M.O. recently.
Well, that about does it... Dozens of paid orders, report a bad
Customer Service problem. Worst in the business?
Gotta figure... not everyone reports, or complains, or is even a Member here. No question, he does a LOT of business.

At this point, we know for sure... He is really not able to handle his volume!
Caveat Emptor. Buy at your own risk... Other vendors have, just as good OR better product.
SoSa is a Member here. For anyone who missed it... Here is Ben explaining his problems
3 months ago: Read this thread and, decide for yourself - LINK
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4897&p=48299&hilit ... cam#p48299
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:36 pm
by Greyfeather
BallzDeep9 wrote:Adrumaddict wrote:Yeah, I'm in the same boat ... It's been SOSA's M.O. recently.
Well, that about does it... Dozens of paid orders, report a bad
Customer Service problem. Worst in the business?
Gotta figure... not everyone reports, or complains, or is even a Member here. No question, he does a LOT of business.

At this point, we know for sure... He is really not able to handle his volume!
Caveat Emptor. Buy at your own risk... Other vendors have, just as good OR better product.
SoSa is a Member here. For anyone who missed it... Here is Ben explaining his problems
3 months ago: Read this thread and, decide for yourself - LINK
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4897&p=48299&hilit ... cam#p48299
Yeah, this is really too bad. SoSa was one of my faves. But we have been through all of this before and even though sometimes our favorite vendors feel like our friends, they are still business people, and we are still paying for a service and a product. I'm gonna have to take SoSa off my list until they are BIB (back in business). If you see these posts, Ben, All the Best to Ya!

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:05 pm
by jeans2tite
Thanks everybody for your replies. I've been ordering online for 2 years and something like this has never happened, especially not with Sosa. It just really sucks having almost 100 dollars on the line and feeling like you're being ignored. Hearing some of you are in the same boat takes my mind off it a bit. I'll keep updating this post for any lurkers who may be checking it out and in the same situation.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:41 pm
by CatfatherB
I havent had a problem but have some friends who have paid up to two weeks ago and can't get an answered email for why there orders haven't been shipped, last time there was a delay he said he was assisting other vendors with shipping and was behind. A lot of vendors have been out of stock or low but I haven't ordered in a few weeks so I haven't emailed him.. I'd recommend anyone in a reasonable hurry to be aware and heed caution.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 pm
by Adrumaddict
CatfatherB wrote:I havent had a problem but have some friends who have paid up to two weeks ago and can't get an answered email for why there orders haven't been shipped, last time there was a delay he said he was assisting other vendors with shipping and was behind. A lot of vendors have been out of stock or low but I haven't ordered in a few weeks so I haven't emailed him.. I'd recommend anyone in a reasonable hurry to be aware and heed caution.
Yeah I ordered well over a month ahead of when I would actually need the order. Looks like this just might get close to that lol. I wish I could find some reds that were as good as Baik, Sunda, and Sumatra. The only ones I found that even come close are TFH 30 year Wild IR3 and Red Muna. Any suggestions?
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:44 pm
by Greyfeather
Adrumaddict wrote:CatfatherB wrote:I havent had a problem but have some friends who have paid up to two weeks ago and can't get an answered email for why there orders haven't been shipped, last time there was a delay he said he was assisting other vendors with shipping and was behind. A lot of vendors have been out of stock or low but I haven't ordered in a few weeks so I haven't emailed him.. I'd recommend anyone in a reasonable hurry to be aware and heed caution.
Yeah I ordered well over a month ahead of when I would actually need the order. Looks like this just might get close to that lol. I wish I could find some reds that were as good as Baik, Sunda, and Sumatra. The only ones I found that even come close are TFH 30 year Wild IR3 and Red Muna. Any suggestions?
I will always love TFH reds over others because they work for my pain. So they get 5 Starts from me. When it comes to sedation, on the other hand, some TFH leaf does it for me, some doesn't and that's OK. When a strain does something magnificently for me, I don't expect it to do
everything else magnificently too. Also, I am an extremely 'hyper' person (who has used Benzos for 25 years). If I want sedation and calm from TFH leaf, I turn to their Golds because they
deliver that
Outside of TFH, I have tried a fair few vendors's reds for pain and sedation, but if I had to compare one vendor's REDS to another's (in this case SoSa vs......) I would choose Liza's reds hands down. Last Fall I ordered a 9 strain sampler from SoSa (all reds) and although they were fairly effective,
they all hit me exactly the same. . It seemed like I was just spooning the
same powder from different bags with different names.
So Liza's Reds will always be on my list. If I'm not getting enough relaxation from one vendor's reds, I'll add a little more from one of Liza's. Her prices are great and she will treat you very well

Red Bali and Red Thai are my favorites but she has a LARGE menu that I would love to try if I were even a "Thousandaire"

. I will say that I was disappointed with her Red Headed Step Child BLEND. But keep in mind that unless a vendor has several tons of the same leaf for creating a specialized blend recipe, it will be all but impossible to create that same alkaloid profile again and again and again.
Do give Liza a chance. She hasn't gotten the love she deserves lately. She always seems well stocked, is easy-going about payment and won't "mess" with you.

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:48 pm
by the_spookiest
^^^ Liza is my next vendor to try out. I have been making the rounds since getting back into the community. Also, it is strangely comforting to know that I am by far not the only one being ignored. I can't imagine having paid for an order and then getting darkness for a month or more. Feels like that old addict adage "never let your money walk". A Shame.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:07 pm
by The_Kraken
jeans2tite wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with Sosa Speciosa? I've ordered from them plenty in the past and its always gone well. But over a week ago I made an order that they couldnt ship out for 3 days, and even then it turns out they never gave USPS my order. I've been waiting for USPS to recieve the package since last wednesday and Sosa will not answer any of my emails. Is anyone else having a similiar issue?
My last order was on June 6th. I paid that night and it shipped on the 10th. I wrote on the morning of the 10th to ask about its progress, and I got a quick reply that it was about to ship. I'm sorry you aren't getting any replies or updates!
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:48 am
by funkadelics
I have ordered from them numerous times in the past and always was pretty happy with the product for the price. HOWEVER, I placed an order about three weeks ago and he was quick to send an invoice. So I sent the money via
removed and literally have not heard anything since. I have reached out numerous times and haven’t even received a response. This is highly aggravating because I spent the very last $77 I had on this order. It’s very unfortunate because I’m really stressing it now

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:18 pm
by TheNihilist™
funkadelics wrote:I have ordered from them numerous times in the past and always was pretty happy with the product for the price. HOWEVER, I placed an order about three weeks ago and he was quick to send an invoice. So I sent the money via
removed and literally have not heard anything since. I have reached out numerous times and haven’t even received a response. This is highly aggravating because I spent the very last $77 I had on this order. It’s very unfortunate because I’m really stressing it now

Seen this happen to many times. Vendors go AWOL then come back with all kinds of excuses. Whatever problems they are having never affects their ability to collect money though.
Sorry this is happening I hope everyone gets their orders soon.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:28 pm
by funkadelics
RumRunner I can’t respond to your PM, if you see this please send me your email and I can respond that way. I really appreciate it!
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:46 pm
by Greyfeather
funkadelics wrote:I have ordered from them numerous times in the past and always was pretty happy with the product for the price. HOWEVER, I placed an order about three weeks ago and he was quick to send an invoice. So I sent the money via
removed and literally have not heard anything since. I have reached out numerous times and haven’t even received a response. This is highly aggravating because I spent the very last $77 I had on this order. It’s very unfortunate because I’m really stressing it now

This is why I DON'T like
removed and the other peer to peer mobile apps. You really have to trust your vendor

Of course I despise paypal, but that's another rant.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:17 pm
by conscious_conundrum
I tried ordering......sent 3 emails within the course of 10 days and never got a response. Such a bummer his leaf works really well for me. I have been ordering from him for 2 years and nothing like this has ever happened.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:07 pm
by herbalhippie
Mod note: Please don't mention payment processors, thanks!
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:34 pm
by brave777
I still got the old kratom when first time sosa appeared here on doublem kratom, Red Sunda is def nice, had 3g like 40 min ago. good stuff. I really wish they hired someone to have an customer service person. Like a legit customer service person. Maybe a sister, a brother or a best friend. There were so many times i wanted to order and never did agfter that first order. he could of had a nice junk of my money if only he hired someone. To answers emails whiten an hour and someone be here on this forum tracking their sosa posts to respond. What ever he would pay customer service person will be penny's compare to how much traffic flow he will get. A good example is how most vendors are here, fast response and most of them communicate with us here on this forum which is a huge plus. Lucky herbals has a direct phone or email reply is fast. I mean if you read this Sosa, you hire someone for customer service and in return you will get plenty of customers.... you give us your great kratom with service and we throw cash at you, is that a deal? I am ready to try some stuff but never do because of bad communications. I am sure their tons here who want to try it but go else where. Give us a chance. All we asking is a person who can reply to questions.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:47 am
by Adrumaddict
I finally got a response this morning. The orders should be going out shortly. Hang in there, it's coming.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:13 pm
by funkadelics
I received the same email but it seems like a generic mass emailed response. I still haven’t gotten anything from them in the mail and no tracking information. I suppose there’s still hope but it’s faint.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:27 pm
by nomo
funkadelics wrote:I received the same email but it seems like a generic mass emailed response. I still haven’t gotten anything from them in the mail and no tracking information. I suppose there’s still hope but it’s faint.
you think he is going to ghost you? lmfao
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:59 pm
by WhiteAngelica
I ain't saying anything, but...
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:33 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
here's the email i got when i asked about a sampler:
I apologize for the poor communication and appreciate your patience. Your order is important to us and I’d be happy to prepare that for you. I am currently trying to get caught up with the orders that have been delayed in shipping and won’t be processing any new ones until all of those are shipped . If you’d like I can contact you when things are all caught up and can get that order ready for you. Again I apologize for the late response and poor communication and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:25 am
by funkadelics
nomo wrote:funkadelics wrote:I received the same email but it seems like a generic mass emailed response. I still haven’t gotten anything from them in the mail and no tracking information. I suppose there’s still hope but it’s faint.
you think he is going to ghost you? lmfao
I mean I hope not lol, he’s always been solid in the past.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:37 pm
by BallzDeep9
IndelibleDotInk wrote:here's the email i got when i asked about a sampler: .
Good on Ben for replying.. We all hope he gets caught up, gets house in order, etc. Has been a great resource, and HE has excellent Indo sources...
I really think his
Sample Pack is a problem.

Not many vendors offer these anymore ?? A Lot of time consuming work for very little $
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:11 am
by Kaitlanfutbol
I'm confused ...I see a Sosa name dropped everywhere and how good his product is, but I come to this thread and everyone is complaining. Is this a vendor worth pursuing or no?
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:58 pm
by mivanqua
Kaitlanfutbol wrote:I'm confused ...I see a Sosa name dropped everywhere and how good his product is, but I come to this thread and everyone is complaining. Is this a vendor worth pursuing or no?
You know back in the day, before pot was legal anywhere, there was that ONE deadhead fucker that had the very best stuff that he got on tour or something, but you just couldn't pin him/her down? You'd see them here or there, but you would have to buy it then and there because he/she was never into answering their phone? That's SOSA. Some of THE BEST kratom out there, but like c_c up there, I've sent COUNTLESS e-mails and gotten NO response. I'm not crying about it or anything, just saying.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:02 pm
by herbalhippie
I am really sad about the SOSA situation because some of the best reds I have are from him. I'm glad I stocked up last year.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:55 pm
by zachdank
mivanqua wrote:Kaitlanfutbol wrote:I'm confused ...I see a Sosa name dropped everywhere and how good his product is, but I come to this thread and everyone is complaining. Is this a vendor worth pursuing or no?
You know back in the day, before pot was legal anywhere, there was that ONE deadhead fucker that had the very best stuff that he got on tour or something, but you just couldn't pin him/her down? You'd see them here or there, but you would have to buy it then and there because he/she was never into answering their phone? That's SOSA. Some of THE BEST kratom out there, but like c_c up there, I've sent COUNTLESS e-mails and gotten NO response. I'm not crying about it or anything, just saying.
Hahaha thats gold. And true. Sosas leaf is truly fire. His customer service tho?

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:02 pm
by CatfatherB
Kaitlanfutbol wrote:I'm confused ...I see a Sosa name dropped everywhere and how good his product is, but I come to this thread and everyone is complaining. Is this a vendor worth pursuing or no?
I personally know 2 members of double M who got their orders today, he may not be as quick to respond or answer your questions but he hasn't quit Shipping Out Some Amazing... If you are in a hurry? He may not be your guy.

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:07 pm
by Adrumaddict
My order still hasn't shipped lol. Have anyone's orders shipped yet? And the "Deadhead Hippie" analogy is perfect btw! \m/
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:26 pm
by CatfatherB
Adrumaddict wrote:My order still hasn't shipped lol. Have anyone's orders shipped yet? And the "Deadhead Hippie" analogy is perfect btw! \m/
Yeah, Mivanqua's reply was spot on, you'll get it, there is just a long line, I ordered last week knowing it may take a while.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:42 pm
by mivanqua
FYI my hippie dudes name was Stu. He once tried to start an ambulance with a broken pot bowl naked at a dead show because he was tripping too hard and "needed the morphine to help level him out." Cool dude but fucking WEIRD and as I said, I saw him here and there at work when I worked in a convenience store back then, and if I didn't have the money on me, a "call me tomorrow..." always went nowhere. I'm glad that resonated with you guys. We have ALL been there.
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:54 pm
by herbalhippie
I had a 'hippie dude' in my first year of HS but it wasn't for weed, it was for psychedelics. This was 1970/71 btw. As far as weed, I had a LOT of 'hippie dudes'.

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:12 pm
by CatfatherB
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:50 pm
by funkadelics
I’ll be sure to post if/when my order arrives.

Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:45 pm
by mivanqua
herbalhippie wrote:I had a 'hippie dude' in my first year of HS but it wasn't for weed, it was for psychedelics. This was 1970/71 btw. As far as weed, I had a LOT of 'hippie dudes'.

And that was the last anyone heard from "herbalhippie."
We'll be right back after these messages...
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:47 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
maybe she absconded with all our trading post money
Re: Problems with Sosa Speciosa?
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:53 pm
by mivanqua
IndelibleDotInk wrote:maybe she abscond7ed with all our trading post money
Someone said that yesterday to something.or.other. it was a throwback to that. I wouldn't want MY daughter to.hang with the acid dealer even though, you know, i.did. These days, not the same. I'm implying she got lost on a trip back.then and was never heard from again. UNTIL now. It was a cliffhanger statement for her to make
No, not Cliff "can't hold on much longer" Hanger.
Example : Gay transvestite junkie strippers? I knew a LOT of those back then.
I'M OUT! SEE YA NEXT SEASON!