Page 1 of 1

Question regarding TFH

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:39 pm
by Cbest011
Okay so I got in on the open orders of course and got a variety of kinds. My first day of using a couple, I felt them nicely, really smooth and clean, the onset was good. Since then, I feel some strains but for a moment and others not so much. Is it the strains? My tolerance? I take 2 teaspoons probably 3-4 times daily. Generally spaced 5-6 hours apart. Sometimes I’ll do just one teaspoon (I know I need a scale!) with my daytime doses.
The days I feel the TFH, is awesome, the jade Hulu hit for me twice then stopped, same with the wild harvest yellow Maeng da. If I need to lower tolerance, I will set my sights on that and go for it! Unless I need more of the TFH? Cause at times it feels like I didn’t take anything! I just need some sound advice here! I have only been into Kratom since February so not a lot of experience yet! But willing to learn from this situation!
Thanks! :)

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:51 pm
by FireK
Without more info it seems your using the same few strains multiple times a day or even back to back i would recommend to get many different strains for rotation so as not to use the same one more than once or twice a week if possible.....also 2 teaspoons can be a high dose maybe upwards of 10 grams tough to say without a scale like you mentioned but being a relatively new consumer i would experiment with lower doses

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:20 pm
by Love_Redz
You are definitely taking to much TFH is very good you can’t over do it or you will feel nothing at all , you should take less start at 2 grams and go up from there you have nothing to loss if you aren’t feeling it anyway go a little under a teaspoon not much and wait for at least 4 hours try to go the 6 and if you still don’t get anything out of it take a teaspoon but definitely get a scale, tfh leaf sometimes you have to dose a few times before it starts working trust me go lower and good luck
Oh also what firek said

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:24 pm
by BallzDeep9
Cbest011 wrote:My tolerance? I take 2 teaspoons probably 3-4 times daily. Generally spaced 5-6 hours apart. Sometimes I’ll do just one teaspoon (I know I need a scale!) .... I have only been into Kratom since February so not a lot of experience yet! :)
haha yes we should frame your Question. make it a Sticky post lol :lol: Classic experience. Honeymoon period a few months.. feels great! Then maybe U read about some guy online eats 30 grams a day, so figure, why not? I'll just take more & more!! No scale needed. Right?

Man.. I don't wanna sound like Grandpaw here. :D No! I'm not the babysitter of Kratom! lol.. but you're upto maybe 22+ gpd ?? A "teaspoon" could easily be 3+ grams. Before U know it... feel shitty in the morning? Constipated, side effects, what they call Inter dose withdrawals ~ Sorry. Kratom = a partial agonist, nothing U do can change that. Effects only last 2-3 hours... choking down 2 Oz a day, won't make it better. Time for a break?

Feb to July, around 6 months ~ Yah that's about the time it stops working 'cuz you've over whelmed your mµ receptors.. Kratom is weird, tricky, a natural non opioid, but like 90% on Facebook act like it's a party drug and they're all complaining about the vendor or the "strain" lol - Hey it took me at least 1 year to figure this out... Hope I can save U some time. Get a scale! and Less is More!

OR, be a Weekend Warrior? Trick is to keep It fresh! :P Thanks for posting!!

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 am
by Spencemastaflex
Once I started weigh my kratom I realized that most teaspoons are actually UNDER 2.5g. I would weigh your doses man and I've found that between 2-2.5g is usually the sweet spot for tfh. Also rotate your strains, you'll get too bogged down with just one. Rotate vendors, too!

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:10 am
by Cbest011
:shock:
Okay! Thank you everybody for these replies! I got carried away and was thinking two teaspoons wasn’t a lot. It’s easy to just keep adding more. Now that I think about it, the days my TFH would work and hit for me was when I’d be doing one teaspoon or less on my days at work. I take less at work since I get busy. My days off, I’ll just keep adding and getting frustrated! So thanks again for the responses. Time to order a scale and cut down!

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:34 am
by Kenjack07
Just to add - based on your last post above - you should not increase to get that “feel good” feeling. You might get euphoria on occasion, especially when you’re new to Kratom, or take big breaks between doses, but that isn’t going to happen every time.

Try to expect subtle results, and if you get more than that, it’s a plus!! Like real opioids, trying to get that feeling by taking more and more (chasing the dragon, or maybe iguana in this case!) is how you can get addicted to it and have a 50gpd habit that’s hard to cut back on or stop.

All the advice above is good. Get the scales, rotate your strains, use multiple vendors, cut your dose (especially most TFH), and I would also suggest sticking to 3 doses or less, unless you’re using for severe chronic pain. We’ve all been in your shoes, so hopefully this can help you not make the same mistakes. :D

Regarding TFH, I have found that I had to cut my usual dose in HALF compared to good quality Kratom I buy from other vendors recommended here. I’ve used for psoriatic arthritis pain daily for three years, and use multiple vendors, and was shocked at how much I had to reduce my dose with TFH

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:32 pm
by Cbest011
Hey I’m glad for this advice from all of you guys! I like that you guys have experienced this and are passing down what you’ve all learned. So thank you again gang! And I am taking less starting this morning, ordered a scale through amazon too. One that someone suggested on here. It measures to the 0.01gram or something along those lines. Haha so I appreciate you all here!

Re: Question regarding TFH

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:35 pm
by herbalhippie
Cbest011 wrote:It measures to the 0.01gram or something along those lines. Haha so I appreciate you all here!
That's perfect! I like scales that weigh .00 because I like to dose at weird fractions. 1.35, 1.55 :lol:

Less is more with kratom. Do the smallest possible amount to get the effects you need and don't try to chase a high because it doesn't work like that.