Page 1 of 1

Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:27 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
Although taste, freshness, and smell doesn't seem to indicate potency and effects, they sure make a kratom stand out and enjoyable. This probably matters a lot to tea drinkers who don't wanna put in coverups for flavor; I toss and wash and get a little bit of powder on the palate sometimes.

TFH and Fused Flora both consistently have vibrant tastes and textures, not dry, burning, and bitter, I'd say like 7ohm.

Any favorites based on effects and flavor? Right now am liking TFH Wild Crafted Gold.

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 pm
by pray4peace4
Seriously... I don't care at all what it tastes like, I only care what the effects are & I expect 99.999% of everyone else feels the same. I have to admit that I'm speculating. I just looked at my calendar to see if it was April 1 perchance, but no, it's not. So you're serious, right?

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
Yes, serious. drinking duff beer or a 40oz vs a craft batch or an aged scotch both might get you drunk, but the experience of flavors and textures make them totally different animals.

it's just another aspect of kratom appreciation... do you want to drink a foul, bitter concoction or a nice grassy herbal tea?

Similarly, can't you appreciate a badass looking, tight sealing, slick vacuum bag your powder comes in, or are you fine with a generic ziplock or a paper sack? The quality of the kratom is paramount, but the little things add up and enhance the experience.

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:32 pm
by Cbest011
I know what you mean! The TFH ones I have just smell so fresh and earthy when I open them. I think the classic red Maeng da tastes and smells the best to me. It has a nice rich color too. Same with the 30 yr wild super green, sooo green and tastes how it looks, they seem fresher too. And since I really enjoy STH white banjo, the taste is good. I think I associate the feeling with liking the taste. If it’s bunk, I don’t appreciate the taste as much. 8-)

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:43 pm
by Burninator
Soflo’s Super Green. It literally tastes like a green banana smoothie.

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:40 pm
by nomo
pray4peace4 wrote:Seriously... I don't care at all what it tastes like, I only care what the effects are & I expect 99.999% of everyone else feels the same. I have to admit that I'm speculating. I just looked at my calendar to see if it was April 1 perchance, but no, it's not. So you're serious, right?
i hope nobody is taking kratom for the flavor :lol: :lol:

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:35 pm
by brave777
Tastiest? how about smell? anyone noticed kratom dulls the effects of smell? i also noticed you can still taste the difference thought. like earthy red vs bitter green.

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:36 am
by Burninator
Yeah, I personally love the way certain Kratom tastes.

Another strain I forgot to mention is Goldfumed’s Blood Moon MD. It bizarrely tastes like a campfire :lol:

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 am
by CatfatherB
I think if I ever got a truly delicious kratom I'd simply return that voodoo to the vendor it came from. :?

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:47 am
by Jestrice2002
pray4peace4 wrote:Seriously... I don't care at all what it tastes like, I only care what the effects are & I expect 99.999% of everyone else feels the same. I have to admit that I'm speculating. I just looked at my calendar to see if it was April 1 perchance, but no, it's not. So you're serious, right?
I'd have to agree with you. While the taste and texture differences are interesting, they're the least of my worries. For me, an effective strain will dictate the others; I'll be conditioned to like the respective attributes. :D

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm
by mivanqua
CatfatherB wrote:I think if I ever got a truly delicious kratom I'd simply return that voodoo to the vendor it came from. :?
You must have never tried TFH Super Green Bali, eh? I got it, yes, but definitely DID NOT return it.

Re: Tastiest, Freshest Kratom Brands and Batches

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:36 pm
by RubberToes
When i first got the TFH Deep Jungle Maeng Da I practically gagged as it was so strong smelling and tasting but the effects (for me) were so good. It is funny as now, i really like the taste and will even use it in a blend to give taste, maybe good effects hijacked my senses, so now they all align positively?
I am still bewildered when everything seems right with the batch - nice and fresh, good color, good smell, good texture, great reviews :lol: , and it does nothing for me - ah well, bury it in the stack and try again in a month or two... :D