How to find the sweet spot?
- lumberjack
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:04 pm
How to find the sweet spot?
Having trouble finding it. Does it rotate for each strain and for tolerance for you guys? I'm currently doing 3 days on 4 days off. When I come back I find myself craving a higher dose, but get nausea and some dysphoria, witch means I have over shot I believe. Do you guys start at a certain dose and then work your way down? working on one strain at a time trying to find the sweet spot of the given strain, then rotating to the next one? Sometimes I can hit the sweet spot just right and it feels perfect, but a lot of the time I'm off the mark on either direction.
-
deuceawesome
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 pm
Re: How to find the sweet spot?
Personally I start low and work up. I give it about a half hour or so. If Im not "where I want to be" i updose.
No sense taking more than you need I figure.
No sense taking more than you need I figure.
-
MrHinter
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:56 am
- Location: Cleveland, ohio
Re: How to find the sweet spot?
For me the sweet spot is always changing so it's hard for me to pinpoint .
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: How to find the sweet spot?
Even 24 hour break, you can half the dose and feel the effects. I done it plenty of times. Its just some cant do that because of pain or mental problems. Nausea is a big sign of over take, almost to the point of dizziness. If that happens stuff your self with food and some water, always leveled it out smooth. And always remember its not an instant effect, some kratom peeks at 1 hour mark compare to 20 or 40 min mark. Just cause you don't feel kratom, don't mean you need to hit few more grams where most make mistake then regret. Very ideal to take less when coming back from break, start low, you can always bump up or put two fingers in throat to reduce some kratom which is not fun but can be done. That's why less after break is a must , you can always raise carefully until you feel the sweet spot, give it least 20 min and up to an hour to be safe. If in one hour mark you feel great, then it works as it suppose too and you would of not felt it at 20 min mark. 1 hour should always give you true peek feelings of a strain.
If you have not taken a break in a long time, will have to take same dosage to feel effects or even bump up 1-2 grams more after each week or so. It better to take a break and feel the shity WD's and reap the rewards with less later. If its 12 grams a day and more, you might be always tired even on kratom. To avoid that tiredness give 12 or if can 24 hour break, and get it down to 6-9 grams a day. i notice this range dont give me tired effects.
Good luck. hope any of this info helps someone. this is just my personal experience. Side note, i do drink different herbal tea's, vitamins, bee pollen and many other cool things. never had upset stomach, pee problem, and many things people mention here and there. i am a high believer that it all comes from eat shit food and lack of nutritional stuff in your body, so if can eat better, do so. you wont regret. Nothing beats a good healthy mind when body is well nourished.
If you have not taken a break in a long time, will have to take same dosage to feel effects or even bump up 1-2 grams more after each week or so. It better to take a break and feel the shity WD's and reap the rewards with less later. If its 12 grams a day and more, you might be always tired even on kratom. To avoid that tiredness give 12 or if can 24 hour break, and get it down to 6-9 grams a day. i notice this range dont give me tired effects.
Good luck. hope any of this info helps someone. this is just my personal experience. Side note, i do drink different herbal tea's, vitamins, bee pollen and many other cool things. never had upset stomach, pee problem, and many things people mention here and there. i am a high believer that it all comes from eat shit food and lack of nutritional stuff in your body, so if can eat better, do so. you wont regret. Nothing beats a good healthy mind when body is well nourished.
Last edited by brave777 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kratom user since 2014!
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: How to find the sweet spot?
Different for every strain, but my "general" sweet spot is 3.5 grams. Sometimes, I get a smoker such as some DG premium green I got as a sample with a sampler that I did my standard 3.5 last night and caught...not the wobbles, but a shitty feeling, so I dropped down to 2.5 and that's PERFECT. Kratom is all about experimenting and KEEP NOTES!
-
demafrost
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm
Re: How to find the sweet spot?
OP, your post is very similar to what I go through. I only take 2-3 days a week and I can never quite figure out where I should be at with my dosing. I do have some tolerance even though I don't take every day. Some days I dose just right and its almost honeymoon period effects. Other days I take too much and feel all out of sorts, no mood lift just feeling crappy, other days I don't take enough and the effects are much milder. Which is fine, but I'd like to hit that sweet spot more consistently. I'd say I hit that spot maybe 30% of the time I take it, 20% of the time I get satisfying effects that are just below where I want to be, 40% of the time I don't take enough and it has short legs and very mild effects, and the other 10% I take too much (I typically err on the side of caution so only occasionally do I overdue).
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: How to find the sweet spot?
My advice, if can, dose small amounts every 2-3 hours. that helps reach the sweet spot. Instead one big woop of a dose. or very little. Best part when you take less, you can work your self to sweet spot by adding little bit more into your system. And if think you over taken, eat some food and drink plenty of fresh water, i noticed those bad feelings go away real fast. Avoid Soda's.demafrost wrote:OP, your post is very similar to what I go through. I only take 2-3 days a week and I can never quite figure out where I should be at with my dosing. I do have some tolerance even though I don't take every day. Some days I dose just right and its almost honeymoon period effects. Other days I take too much and feel all out of sorts, no mood lift just feeling crappy, other days I don't take enough and the effects are much milder. Which is fine, but I'd like to hit that sweet spot more consistently. I'd say I hit that spot maybe 30% of the time I take it, 20% of the time I get satisfying effects that are just below where I want to be, 40% of the time I don't take enough and it has short legs and very mild effects, and the other 10% I take too much (I typically err on the side of caution so only occasionally do I overdue).
Kratom user since 2014!