How do you store and organize your kratom?
-
SunnyD
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:12 am
How do you store and organize your kratom?
Good evening fellow Kratomites!
I’ve been using kratom for about a year and a half and my inventory has grown quite a bit. I’ve got bags laying willie nillie all over the place. I’m wondering how you store and organize your kratom. I’m gonna need lots of ideas! Thx
I’ve been using kratom for about a year and a half and my inventory has grown quite a bit. I’ve got bags laying willie nillie all over the place. I’m wondering how you store and organize your kratom. I’m gonna need lots of ideas! Thx
-
Psilocyberdemon
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:23 pm
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
Three grocery bags for red, green, and white, and one more for the weakerwillhavetotrythatoneagain leaf. Yeah I need some help with this too
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
16 liter snap seal bins. A bunch of them. I keep my sealed bags in there with desiccant packets scattered about. The bins are numbered and inventoried. Three of those bins are bags that are open and in use. One of those are strains that I use rarely or never. I can't bring myself to get rid of anything anymore. I had sold a few strains that didn't work for me earlier this year, now I just hang on to everything.
- Devil_Dog21
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
- Location: Chicago NW burbs
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I simply keep all my inventory in a duffel bag in their original packaging until I use. Since I do caps, once I decide to use I open a package and cap them. Then the caps go into a heave duty zip lock and I write with marker on the outside the strain and vendor. I never have an open package from the vendor as I always cap the entire package immediately.
To Conquor or Die!
Devil Dogs aka DD
Devil Dogs aka DD
-
whiffypants
- Banned
- Posts: 1418
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
Good Lord, that's tidy. Numbered and inventoried, no less!!! You put me to shame, HH. I have bags standing up in a big plastic bin, and a few more unopened in a box that I consider to be my doomsday stash. Your wonderful organization would last me all of a day, because I shove the bag I last used back in wherever it will fit. I think at some point I will separate it all out into colors, but for now it works. I figure I'm doing good just keeping it all in one place.herbalhippie wrote:16 liter snap seal bins. A bunch of them. I keep my sealed bags in there with desiccant packets scattered about. The bins are numbered and inventoried. Three of those bins are bags that are open and in use. One of those are strains that I use rarely or never.
Even though I live in what amounts to reclaimed swampland (and as my partner says occasionally, "Nothing 'reclaimed' about it, Whiffy") the air conditioning is so good I haven't had to worry about dessicants -- but if we lost AC I wouldn't open a bag I cared about, either. I should probably pick up a few next time I'm on Amazon, just in case.
-
evilday
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:23 pm
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I first allocated a shelf in my kitchen but soon it became really haphazard with all the smaller sample bags + bigger 100 and 250g bags and it was a MESS. I ended up buying a lot of freezer storage bags and two medium locking tubs. I have a lot of coffee pod boxes so I re purposed those and organized all my 1 ounce and sampler bags by vendor. I also took a good portion out of all the larger 100g + bags, labeled it in a ziplock, and then put the large bags in freezer bags and then put them in the tubs to cut down on exposing the bags to moisture every time I opened it up. Also, you kind of have to make peace with the fact that you don't need so many options every single day. Put some stuff away that feels mediocre because it's happened to me more than once that a few months time is all I need to rotate a strain back in and have it be much, much better. So I put a LOT of stuff away in those tubs, sealed in freezer bags. I keep about 20 options on the shelf, and with that kind of variety you will forget what's in the tubs and be happily surprised when you need to rotate strains
Just make sure you double check your back stock before placing more big orders.It's easy to forget what you already have backups of.
- labdog03
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I like to use the rather large STERILITE "chests of drawers" you can get at Wally World for my "used often" stash (I really like the big 4 drawer one, it comes in several colors)...I have each drawer labeled by VENDOR...I also have a bunch of 16 to 19 gallon STERILITE Bins I keep my "bulk" supply in. I probably have more leaf than most Vendors, haha...Doomsday be DAMNED...I am ready!
I do have to be constantly aware and check my bulk stash bins, as it can be very easy to order more of something you don't really need more of, like evilday mentions.
I do have to be constantly aware and check my bulk stash bins, as it can be very easy to order more of something you don't really need more of, like evilday mentions.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I use the Iris WeatherTight Storage boxes, 19 quart size holds upto 16 quarter kilos, around 4-5 kilos total.
Once you've decided you're into kratom long term - accumulate enough stash, "Stock Up" for a few years worth. Do the Math. In my case I wanted at least 15 kilos - so that's 3 or four of the Iris 19-quart storage boxes.. Once you get rolling, I think it's very easy to pile up 20+ kilos and then you're doing sales to friends...

Once you've decided you're into kratom long term - accumulate enough stash, "Stock Up" for a few years worth. Do the Math. In my case I wanted at least 15 kilos - so that's 3 or four of the Iris 19-quart storage boxes.. Once you get rolling, I think it's very easy to pile up 20+ kilos and then you're doing sales to friends...

Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
SunnyD
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:12 am
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
You guys have some great ideas. I guess I’ll be heading to Wally World or Amazon to get some type of bins. I’ve been really slack on keeping my bags airtight. Some of the bags won’t zip closed once you open them so I just use the clips that I have for my potato chip bags to close them. This will be my Saturday project.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I like small binder clips for this. Fold over a few times, clip and you're good. They're nice and sturdy.SunnyD wrote: Some of the bags won’t zip closed once you open them so I just use the clips that I have for my potato chip bags to close them. .
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I use canning jars also store still sealed original bags in hubby's gun safe.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I use......
MY BELLY!!!! 
Jk I gotta good burn going
Jk I gotta good burn going
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
Hippie clips!herbalhippie wrote:I like small binder clips for this. Fold over a few times, clip and you're good. They're nice and sturdy.SunnyD wrote: Some of the bags won’t zip closed once you open them so I just use the clips that I have for my potato chip bags to close them. .
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
First, I only use 100g bags.... Why open a 250g or 500g of 1k when you won't consume that much in a month... Leaves too much opening and closing to risk mold/mildew/germs, not to mention potential staleness self life reduction once it's out of the vacuum packing. Airtight is obviously important here too (ziplock).
Second, UV protected bags are best. Yes, glass is antibacterial, but the sun/light can get through and that can sun rape a batch quick. The same goes with clear bags.
Third, temperature, cool and dry help ensure the mold doesn't eat your leaf.
Second, UV protected bags are best. Yes, glass is antibacterial, but the sun/light can get through and that can sun rape a batch quick. The same goes with clear bags.
Third, temperature, cool and dry help ensure the mold doesn't eat your leaf.
-
Picklemasseuse
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:25 pm
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
How long does it take for leaf to go bad once it's opened? Even when pushing the air out and closing it up after use? Im worried cause I have 4 opened 250g bags that are in my drawer that probably won't be used up anytime soon. Itd suck if they end up going badfusedflora wrote:First, I only use 100g bags.... Why open a 250g or 500g of 1k when you won't consume that much in a month... Leaves too much opening and closing to risk mold/mildew/germs, not to mention potential staleness self life reduction once it's out of the vacuum packing. Airtight is obviously important here too (ziplock).
Second, UV protected bags are best. Yes, glass is antibacterial, but the sun/light can get through and that can sun rape a batch quick. The same goes with clear bags.
Third, temperature, cool and dry help ensure the mold doesn't eat your leaf.
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
Picklemasseuse wrote:How long does it take for leaf to go bad once it's opened? Even when pushing the air out and closing it up after use? Im worried cause I have 4 opened 250g bags that are in my drawer that probably won't be used up anytime soon. Itd suck if they end up going badfusedflora wrote:First, I only use 100g bags.... Why open a 250g or 500g of 1k when you won't consume that much in a month... Leaves too much opening and closing to risk mold/mildew/germs, not to mention potential staleness self life reduction once it's out of the vacuum packing. Airtight is obviously important here too (ziplock).
Second, UV protected bags are best. Yes, glass is antibacterial, but the sun/light can get through and that can sun rape a batch quick. The same goes with clear bags.
Third, temperature, cool and dry help ensure the mold doesn't eat your leaf..
I've got open stuff that's about 1-2 years and I don't hesitate to use it. I think it stored correctly you're fine for about that amount of time. The bigger concern is that it is organic matter, decomposing, attracting biologicals that are hungry... dust mites, mold, mildew, and the like. Certainly the alkaloids are anti-microbial to begin with, but there's still plenty of things that enjoy them.
You're likely better to store for longer, I just don't keep oregano, sage, basil, or coffee for over a year and kind of look at kratom the same way.
Last edited by fusedflora on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
lifebreath
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:17 pm
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
I like to break down larger bags such as 250 g into smaller sizes for regular weekly-use in plastic bins and larger or less used quantities double bagged and/or jars inside an insulated cooler for cool/dry spaces such as closets.
- IndelibleDotInk
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3358
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
- Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Re: How do you store and organize your kratom?
i've looked at some vids of people capping online; are you using a tray type of tool?Devil_Dog21 wrote:I simply keep all my inventory in a duffel bag in their original packaging until I use. Since I do caps, once I decide to use I open a package and cap them. Then the caps go into a heave duty zip lock and I write with marker on the outside the strain and vendor. I never have an open package from the vendor as I always cap the entire package immediately.