My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
TheCoastalCardician
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:36 pm

My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by TheCoastalCardician »

EDIT: Wow, I don’t know why I didn’t see all the newer replies after Payshince! Thank you all so much for your time and help! I have a couple questions I’ll ask, and I’ll always try to reply to everyone so you know your help is appreciated :) I also want to share what I’ve tried so far!

1. Mystic Island - First vendor I tried. I ordered Green MD, White MD, and Red MD. I was completely underwhelmed. No where near what I’m use to for strength. All 3 strains were weaker in comparison to the local brands (Mucho Kratom, and True Kratom).

2. Either Kratom OG or Liza’s doesn’t ship to my state. Idk why it’s a completely legal and easy state, it’s sold everywhere locally. One of them didn’t ship here and one I think the prices were too heavy for me. We’re constantly broke so every dollar has to count.

3. Botanical Bunny - Grabbed some Green MD from them. AWESOME PRODUCT. I loved every gram! Only could afford the one strain, but what I loved was the shipping price! The payment process was a little confusing but easy learning so reorders won’t be an issue. Fast shipping, and the order came with a couple ginger chews, a sticker, and the packing slip was printed on prolly the most expensive paper I’ve ever seen lmao.

I’m looking into Herbal RVA to try next :) Thanks again!





Hi! I was recommended this site via Reddit. For the last year or so, I’ve been purchasing Kratom from a couple local shops here in New England USA. I’ve mever made the plunge with ordering online, but I’m ready to do it; I’m just a little lost.


I’ve grown to love Green Maeng Da and other Green Strains I’ve tried, and I’ve tried multiple brands. So the strain I’m most comfortable with is Green MD. Someone recommended Gaia Botanicals. Pricing is $45 for 350 grams shipped. I’ve been paying $30 for 100 grams!

So before I purchased 350g of Green MD from Gaia, I wanted to ask you knowledgeable folk if you’d recommend this purchase. I take Kratom for back pain and also like the stimulant effects. My GF had been using Kratom for help with quitting drinking, and she prefers Red strains, but for this large of a purchase we will stick to green...unless there’s a vendor where you can mix and match?

Thanks in advance for any help. I know Kratom love can be subjective as everyone’s different, but every GMD strain I’ve tried I’ve loved, or it just hadn’t been that potent. I dose 1 TBSP once or twice a day.
Last edited by TheCoastalCardician on Wed May 01, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by Payshince »

(TheCoastalCardician)

WELCOME!


Firstly I have Not ever gotten from Gaia but yes I have heard many many reviews good and bad (like anywhere).

Secondly, I would recommend trying out these vendors personally:
1. Mystic Island Kratoms
2. K-OG (Kratom OG)
3. Botanical Bunny
4. Liza’s Best Botanicals
5. Canopy Botanicals
6. Precious Mitre
7. Kats Botanicals
8. SoCalHerbals

Try these ones first off haha :mrgreen:

Lastly many vendors if not most allow Mix N’ Match.
Feel free to update us and ask any of us any questions you personally have and or your gf too!

Im from New England USA also btw !

Oh, and before I forget. Go get yourself a scale never trust a Teaspoon or any type of scoop because every batch of Kratom powder is different in its weight/ density, etc!
This is very important, in many aspects.

Take care
- Payshince
TheCoastalCardician
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by TheCoastalCardician »

Hello and thanks for such awesome info! Exact type of reply I was hoping to get!

I searched this site for things like “Gaia” and “Green Maeng Da” and saw a few recommendations on Lizas. I’ll check the other vendors as well.

Pretty stoked to find this place!
TheCoastalCardician
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by TheCoastalCardician »

Payshince wrote:(TheCoastalCardician)

WELCOME!


Firstly I have Not ever gotten from Gaia but yes I have heard many many reviews good and bad (like anywhere).

Secondly, I would recommend trying out these vendors personally:
1. Mystic Island Kratoms
2. K-OG (Kratom OG)
3. Botanical Bunny
4. Liza’s Best Botanicals
5. Canopy Botanicals
6. Precious Mitre
7. Kats Botanicals
8. SoCalHerbals

Try these ones first off haha :mrgreen:

Lastly many vendors if not most allow Mix N’ Match.
Feel free to update us and ask any of us any questions you personally have and or your gf too!

Im from New England USA also btw !

Oh, and before I forget. Go get yourself a scale never trust a Teaspoon or any type of scoop because every batch of Kratom powder is different in its weight/ density, etc!
This is very important, in many aspects.

Take care
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by Payshince »

Also when people first start using vendors online some get lost on the site which is understandable so just remember to type in ‘Speciosa’ and you will then be redirected toward the Holy Grail. :D

Good luck and yes not a problem!
- Payshince
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by herbalhippie »

Hello and welcome to the forum, TheCoastalCardician!

Payshince has given you a good list of vendors to try! I'm really liking the greens I've gotten from Liza's lately. :)
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

I’ve been purchasing Kratom from a couple local shops here in New England USA. I’ve never made the plunge with ordering online .... Someone recommended Gaia Botanicals. Pricing is $45 for 350 grams shipped.
OK ... starting from scratch. Do Not buy from "head shops" or gas stations ... you're gettin' ripped off. :o

Next - here's the current Vendor List... Notice... Gaia's NOT on the list. :P

Stop listening and start reading! Don't listen to any "advice" you hear around the head shop. Those guys don't know jack. Also, ignore the boneheads on YouTube. It's full of paid advertising (shills) and dorks who don't know much about kratom .. They DO know how to make videos. But, they don't know kratom. :D Reddit is for reading. Read the Kratom 101. The Vendor List is hosted on Saidit, because Reddit, banned kratom sales last year.

Basically, Gaia got too BIG.. for their own good.. Around 3 years ago Gaia was a smaller company. They branched out into head-shop products, bullshit, Triangle Pharma Naturals, FDA caught them with Salmonella in their kratom. They import like 20 tons (?) or so, dirt cheap dirt kratom which they use to make extract products etc. Back to Reddit ... Search, and read there. Reviews. Many many people reported last year, that Gaia's leaf is now bunk. And.. they raised their prices on bunk. PPG = Price Per Gram.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Bigblind
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Texas

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by Bigblind »

Stop buying from head shops! None of it is good anyway!
aqtgirly4u
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm
Location: Kansas City Metro

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by aqtgirly4u »

Welcome to the site!

Payshince provide some great vendors. My favorites on the list right now are Liza's (incredibly selection, fantastic quality, and amazing customer service with fast shipping); Mystic Island (great quality, great customer service, fast shipping, good pricing, but like many vendors lately they have had stock shortages), K-OG (fantastic selection, excelent quality, incredibly knowledgeable vendor, but running slow on filling orders lately (was 5 days out before holiday break) but worth the wait if you aren't in a hurry. I would also add Inland Botanicals to the list. They are a bit higher in pricing but have great quality, some fantastic blends, incredible customer service and fast shipping. Their Green Lantern blend is one of my current favorites.

Hope this info helps you out a little in your vendor search. And by the way, I used Gaia when I first started taking Kratom. They aren't horrible, but for the price you can find much better with the vendors we all have recommended here.
Uniiiversoul
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by Uniiiversoul »

KOG and Kats Botanicals are my current go-tos, as well as Lizas, especially KOG and Kats if you're a green lover like myself. If you try KOG, start with their Green Bota and Kalbar Premium, they are both AMAZING, in my opinion and experience. I've never had a dud from Kats either, he has always been my favorite but I have everything on his menu right now, his Green Maeng Da is the best Green MD I've come across. Liza also has some choice leaf, 12/15 strains I've had are awesome.
ॐ2ॐ2ॐ2ॐ
TheCoastalCardician
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by TheCoastalCardician »

Payshince wrote:(TheCoastalCardician)

WELCOME!


Firstly I have Not ever gotten from Gaia but yes I have heard many many reviews good and bad (like anywhere).

Secondly, I would recommend trying out these vendors personally:
1. Mystic Island Kratoms
2. K-OG (Kratom OG)
3. Botanical Bunny
4. Liza’s Best Botanicals
5. Canopy Botanicals
6. Precious Mitre
7. Kats Botanicals
8. SoCalHerbals

Try these ones first off haha :mrgreen:

Lastly many vendors if not most allow Mix N’ Match.
Feel free to update us and ask any of us any questions you personally have and or your gf too!

Im from New England USA also btw !

Oh, and before I forget. Go get yourself a scale never trust a Teaspoon or any type of scoop because every batch of Kratom powder is different in its weight/ density, etc!
This is very important, in many aspects.

Take care
Hi again! Just wanted to say thanks again for the reccos. I ordered from Mystic Island last month and just got my first Botanicals bunny order! I’ve yet to try the BB, but I must say the Mystic Island was very underwhelming. I def expected some high test stuff and it was kinda meh. Loved the packaging tho! Tried Red, Green, and White MD.

Grabbed some BB Green MD in fresh from Texas today! Gonna try it out. Even though the MI was meh, still major thanks! Different batches can be different lol. Iirc, Liza’s wouldn’t ship to my state. Just gonna keep going down the line :)
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by herbalhippie »

TheCoastalCardician wrote:Hello and thanks for such awesome info! Exact type of reply I was hoping to get!

I searched this site for things like “Gaia” and “Green Maeng Da” and saw a few recommendations on Lizas. I’ll check the other vendors as well.

Pretty stoked to find this place!

I would pass on mystic island for now for noe they're very low on stock and they've had some issues lately.

Try. Herbal RVA or Liza's botanicals.

Can someone please link this person to Ballz's vendor list? I'm at work and can't.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by swablero »

https://saidit.net/s/KratomVendors/comm ... arch_2019/

Read the Reddit kratom subredit's basic documentation which is comprehensive and designed for beginners

The vendor list which can be overwhelming But I recommend you look for info on vendors and their strains in this forum. Pick a vendor like Smiley Time Liza's or RVA and read their posts (easily searchable) to get an idea of inventory. Figure out what you like Get a sample pack from Smiley Time for 19$ and try 5 strains. Develop self-awareness. Figure out what you want from Kratom. People have different body chemistry and like different things. One person loves a strain but it does nothing for someone else. So figure out what you like. You want stimulation or do you want sedation. Or both but at different times of the day. You want to deal with pain. You want mood boost. Figure out what you are looking for and realize that people who write reviews are all coming from their own place. Get a sample pack. Youll see the patterns emerge....
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by Pete2000 »

Swablero gave some great advice. I'll add a few more things you may find useful.
  • Start out ordering a smaller number of samples from a larger number of vendors. And pick samples that you see getting multiple good reviews.

    When you run across a strain you really like, order a larger quantity immediately. The good stuff goes fast.

    Keep track of other users with similar tastes. When you see them giving a good review for something you haven't tried, order some.

    Leave reviews when you find something you like.

    Keep a log of what you've tried.

    Don't be afraid to ask a vendor a question or for a recommendation. I haven't run across any who weren't really helpful.
As far as recommendations, my favorite greens this year are Smiley Time's Super Green #3, Premium Green Thai, Premium Maeng Da, Wild Green Bota. Liza's Green Nugroz. Sacred Son's Green Boyan.

Good luck!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by beathappening »

Herbal RVA is a great first timer vendor. Great prices, ease of payment, large selection but not overwhelming, pleasant communication... just a simple process in general.

Some of the places on that list are a little more complicated as far as paying, and two specifically have had an influx of terrible reviews recently.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by swablero »

I just read your post. Sorry I was off topic and made assumptions from your Subject line.

Sounds like you're a green guy -- smooth energy and mood lift (i.e. euphoria) make a good green. I second Pete's recommendations. I would just add Smiley's PMD is excellent all round Super Green #3 & Premium Green Thai are on the fast side, Wild Green Bota is a good balance between mood lift, energy and analgesic quality, quite like the PMD, IMHO.

Reds will give you more concentrated pain relief in my experience. Haven't tried many Smiley reds. Lots of people like the Red Vietnam. People who buy Kratom for pain relief usually like a quite different collection of strains then people who primarily want energy so you need to be aware of that when you read a review. A lot of people follow the direction of a red lover and feel nothing from the strains the recommend. Of course there are different kinds of reds....
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by herbalhippie »

I agree with beathappening, Herbal RVA is a great first choice for a newbie.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by acejestyr15 »

herbalhippie wrote:I agree with beathappening, Herbal RVA is a great first choice for a newbie.
Also would suggest Kraydo Organics and SOSA Speciosa due to the convenient splits, great prices and service, and in my opinion/for my body chemistry I feel it's above average leaf!

But I do co-sign RVA as well for sure.....
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by trigger »

TheCoastalCardician wrote: Hi again! Just wanted to say thanks again for the reccos. I ordered from Mystic Island last month and just got my first Botanicals bunny order! I’ve yet to try the BB, but I must say the Mystic Island was very underwhelming. I def expected some high test stuff and it was kinda meh. Loved the packaging tho! Tried Red, Green, and White MD.

Grabbed some BB Green MD in fresh from Texas today! Gonna try it out. Even though the MI was meh, still major thanks! Different batches can be different lol. Iirc, Liza’s wouldn’t ship to my state. Just gonna keep going down the line :)
Recent orders I've placed that I would recommend besides Liza's (since she won't ship to you):

Smiley's
Kraydo
Kats Botanicals
MitraMan
Soulistic Herbs
Herbal RVA
Sosa Speciosa


As for your search for MD... I would branch out - MD won't be the strongest or best strain available for most vendors. Email the vendors and ask them for recommendations. MitraMan was great for me. Soulistic was good with recommendations as well. Liza was great over email, but since you can't order from her, I would say to start with Smiley's. Supergreen #3 is popular right now. MitraMan has a really strong and unique MD. Most vendors have their best strains, and if you head over to the Vendor and Strain reviews section, you can look up different vendors and see what people have been saying recently. Most people review how the strains hit them in various ways - pain relief, euphoria, focus, etc..

Kratom-OG is probably my favorite vendor, but they aren't taking new customers at the moment. Keep them in mind for the future though. Also DG's has some premium leaf, but it's on the pricey side (though worth it, and still cheaper than what you've been paying at head shops).

I ordered from Mystic Island a couple times last year (ended up with samples of just about everything they sell), and though there were a few duds, most of it was among some of my favorite. I admit it was hit or miss, but mostly good. I've heard that they've had issues the last few months, but I'm not willing to write them off. They're supposedly getting a restock in a week or so. If you email them saying that what you got wasn't great, they might let you swap out? I wouldn't count on it, but worth a shot sending a nice email.

Also - take a look at the "Vendors with samples" list. The link to it is pinned.
User avatar
gravystainonmyshirt
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: My first online purchase...Can anyone help guide me?

Post by gravystainonmyshirt »

Shoot, id go with herbal-rva.com or botanicalbunny.com (use coupon code “4WAY” for orders over $100 or “REDDIT20” for orders under 100) so you can get the cost down to rva prices. Its about 70 bucks a kilo either way for top quality.

BB provides the source though so you know whos stuff it is, rva doesnt disclose the supplier. I saw you said you tried mystic and thought it was MEH, we all agree their quality fell off, but they might get back tho so dont count em out.

And dont forget Liza or SmileyTime. They stock the same as BB tho and BB has the coupon codes so thats why i stick with BB
Post Reply