Lab testing

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
AnnieT
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Lab testing

Post by AnnieT »

Hi there. I've been hearing a lot about the importance of buying kratom that has been lab tested. I've been ordering from Mystic Island recently, and would like to try RVA Herbals next. Wondering if anyone knows whether these places lab test? Or of any places that definitely do?

I've been getting a little dizzy, even after a fairly small amount....so this kind of had me thinking of possible quality of kratom.

Any info on the topic would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about lab tests and what is even being tested for.
Throwawaymaine
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am

Re: Lab testing

Post by Throwawaymaine »

I'd like to "+1" this request for info re: labs. Having personally delved pretty deep into the world of CBD, I don't ever even consider a purchase unless I've seen full labs from a vendor including tests for bacteria/yeasts/residuals/heavy metals/etc. Being very, very new to kratom (I haven't dosed yet), I have to say things just seem...sketchier in this regard.

250g of red cambodian from SoCal arrived today. Do they provide lab tests? How exactly do folks know their (or anyone else's) products are "clean?"
User avatar
Devil_Dog21
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
Location: Chicago NW burbs

Re: Lab testing

Post by Devil_Dog21 »

Throwawaymaine wrote:...I don't ever even consider a purchase unless I've seen full labs from a vendor including tests for bacteria/yeasts/residuals/heavy metals/etc. Being very, very new to kratom (I haven't dosed yet), I have to say things just seem...sketchier in this regard.

250g of red cambodian from SoCal arrived today. Do they provide lab tests? How exactly do folks know their (or anyone else's) products are "clean?"
I don't know if any of those places lab test but any of these companies could say they lab test and you wouldn't know the difference. They could even produce fabricated test results, again you wouldn't know either way.

So for me, word of mouth has been the best gauge for me to determine quality. If there was an independent lab that wasn't associated to any of these sites then that would be different but if you are waiting for these sites to send off samples to be tested you would have to take their word for either way.

my 2 cents.

-DD
To Conquor or Die!
Devil Dogs aka DD
Throwawaymaine
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am

Re: Lab testing

Post by Throwawaymaine »

any of these companies could say they lab test and you wouldn't know the difference. They could even produce fabricated test results, again you wouldn't know either way.
I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. Many of these companies (at least on the East Coast) utilize ProVerde Labs, for example, and produce tests with batch/id #s that could easily be confirmed as accurate or inaccurate with a quick call or email to the lab itself. I hear you, that someone could photoshop the shit out of some labs, but the chances of that happening considering the repercussions and lack of ability to cover tracks are low, IMO.

Kratom vendors, on the other hand, don't seem to be quite as diligent and caring about reputation and customer safety. It is a sketchier "industry" at face value to say the very least.
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Lab testing

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

Yes, it is true. There was a farce with a certain vendor and "Wonderland Labs".
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Lab testing

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Being very, very new to kratom (I haven't dosed yet), I have to say things just seem...sketchier in this regard.
TOTALLY different from CBD ... Kratom is an imported raw botanical product. CBD is a "drug" manufactured in USA laboratories.

Because of the legal situation, yes, Kratom is "sketchy" compared to CBD -- you should just assume the Fake Labs posted online are, exactly that - Fakes. I mean.. obviously people have used kratom for 10 years with very few problems... IF you're that paranoid, wait 10 MORE years for kratom to sold in nice little capsules at Walmart. 8-)

I know of ONE, yep just one, out of 200 "vendors" who I'd trust is actually performing REAL lab testing & clean room processing. Herbaldom. 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Nemo Sapien
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Lab testing

Post by Nemo Sapien »

Hello AnnieT!

I have been around/using kratom for a few years now. I have yet to encounter any "bad" kratom. Weapon grade enhanced kratom... sure, but nothing which has made me sick. I'm not saying it's not out there, that is always possible. I would just suggest researching vendors yourself and reading reviews. Posting and asking questions like you've done is a great start!
Recently there have been many new vendors popping up and others disappearing. Just be careful as with all things and don't commit a large sum of money to a new/untrusted vendor. There are many here that want to help and will give good advise and share opinions freely :D

Keep calm and rock on
Post Reply