New to forum, looking for strain + vendor recs!
-
chatlien
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 pm
New to forum, looking for strain + vendor recs!
Hey friends! I’m new to the forum but kind of a “longtime listener, first-time caller.” Fairly new to kratom and have only bought locally.
I’m interested in purchasing a larger amount (kilo, split kilo) and would like to get the best bang for my buck along with the right strains. So far I’ve had the best luck with red MD (but have really not ventured out of MD lad).
I’m looking for:
-pain relief
-sedative/relaxation
-euphoria is cool but not required
I’m really more looking for slow strains, but if I do a 4-way split or something I’d be cool with something that was great at pain relief without the sedative properties, just don’t want anything too stimulant/speedy.
I’ve read reviews and looked at a million vendors, can’t decide on the best way to go with a larger order...impart your wisdom, please!
Edit to add: I’m leaning towards ordering from
Sosa partially because shipping will be quick (I’m in the Southeast). Any strain recs for them would be great!
I’m interested in purchasing a larger amount (kilo, split kilo) and would like to get the best bang for my buck along with the right strains. So far I’ve had the best luck with red MD (but have really not ventured out of MD lad).
I’m looking for:
-pain relief
-sedative/relaxation
-euphoria is cool but not required
I’m really more looking for slow strains, but if I do a 4-way split or something I’d be cool with something that was great at pain relief without the sedative properties, just don’t want anything too stimulant/speedy.
I’ve read reviews and looked at a million vendors, can’t decide on the best way to go with a larger order...impart your wisdom, please!
Edit to add: I’m leaning towards ordering from
Sosa partially because shipping will be quick (I’m in the Southeast). Any strain recs for them would be great!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: New to forum, looking for strain + vendor recs!
Hi, welcome to the forum!!
-
plumplump
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
Re: New to forum, looking for strain + vendor recs!
im new to kratom as well, but so far, in my experience you may wanna pick up a red hulu to try, based on what you say you are looking for. all this stuff seems to work differently for different people, and the best advice i have gotten from people is that you need to try a lot of different strains and vendors. order a bunch of small stuff and try it out. when i got into kratom i was dead positive that i was gonna be all about red strains. but i ordered nine 60g bags and made sure to get some stuff i was sure i wouldn't be into. i found out that i was way more into the whites and greens i got, and when my rotation lands on a red day i get bummed out. not that there is anything wrong with reds, they are great. i just like whites a lot more.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: New to forum, looking for strain + vendor recs!
Welcome to the forum, sounds like Red Bali might be a good choice based on your criteria. If you want relaxation with pain relief, you’ll want something heavy and slow. I recommend looking at the reviews here and looking out for reviewers who mention those keywords. Keep in mind though that everyone’s body chemistry is different so what works great for one person, might not do anything for the next person. Best thing to do is experiment until you find strains that click with you. It can be a long process, but it’s also very fun to try new strains. 