average dose size question
-
plumplump
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
average dose size question
so, if you folks dont mind me asking, what would you say is your average dose size for plain leaf. i know it will vary depending on batch and vendor and a bunch of other things.
at the moment i average about 6 grams, twice a day. so 12 total. i only have kratom from one vedor at the moment. i am hoping that when i get the 4 orders i have coming (only two are guaranteed to show up, as a friend is bringing them to me in mexico, the other a friend shipped, a while ago, and im starting to worry about that one, and the newest one i finally found a vendor willing to ship to mexico!!) that i can cut my dose in half by having a much larger rotation and variety of vendors.
so anyway, do people think 6 grams is a high dose? seems higher than i would like it. i do have a very high natural tolerance for opiate style stuff....
at the moment i average about 6 grams, twice a day. so 12 total. i only have kratom from one vedor at the moment. i am hoping that when i get the 4 orders i have coming (only two are guaranteed to show up, as a friend is bringing them to me in mexico, the other a friend shipped, a while ago, and im starting to worry about that one, and the newest one i finally found a vendor willing to ship to mexico!!) that i can cut my dose in half by having a much larger rotation and variety of vendors.
so anyway, do people think 6 grams is a high dose? seems higher than i would like it. i do have a very high natural tolerance for opiate style stuff....
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
-
plumplump
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
Re: average dose size question
wow. lucky. do you feel like you could do more but are happy with that?herbalhippie wrote:.75 - 1 gram 3-4x/day
i would very much like to cut mine in half at least.
- cheddarbear
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am
Re: average dose size question
I usually take 4 teaspoons (I think that’s around 8 grams) once early in the day, not everyday. Once in awhile i’ll take 2-3 of a red at night. Never felt a withdrawal symptom, but a couple times i’ve gotten a real hyper/nervous feeling from taking too much — I’m assuming it was just strong kratom.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: average dose size question
plumplump wrote:wow. lucky. do you feel like you could do more but are happy with that?herbalhippie wrote:.75 - 1 gram 3-4x/day
i would very much like to cut mine in half at least.
I am lucky, I know. I've seen 2 or 3 other people on Reddit who dose this low and get effects good enough. I could probably do more, but I'm happy with this dose for now.
-
LuLu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:50 am
- Location: Kansas
Re: average dose size question
I take 6g three times a day.
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: average dose size question
Normally 4 to 5 grams in the morning. Occasionally will add around 3g at lunch. Evening is normally 5 to 8 depending on pain level.
-
lavender
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 684
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm
Re: average dose size question
am taking about 3,5 -4 grams ( 1 teaspoon) about 6 times a day
-
FightForKratom
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Re: average dose size question
I do about 4 grams in the morning, 4 In the afternoon and 4 of a nice red for sleep before bedtime sometime give or take depending on the day. I'm in need of a tea break here soon
-
Maxxx
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:04 pm
Re: average dose size question
You should weigh it and see. A rounded, measured teaspoon for me weighs out to about 3g.cheddarbear wrote:I usually take 4 teaspoons (I think that’s around 8 grams)
-
tropicalfreeze
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 pm
Re: average dose size question
8 grams Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday evenings. I may take a week or two off soon, but this schedule has served me well for the past month or so. I've been curious about using lower, more stimulating doses during the day, but I value the cozy, sedating side of kratom more and I'd rather avoid using every day.
-
Brad frerichs
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
- Location: Central Illinois
Re: average dose size question
4 grams at a time and anywhere from 6 to 10 times a day
-
Bigblind
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: average dose size question
7g to 8g four times a day pain management .....I manage a very large automotive repair facility so i get up at 5am and get home at 7:00 7:30
Last edited by Bigblind on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: average dose size question
Between 6.5-9 grams 3 times a day, I have a tolerance but have refused to deal with it accordingly. 
-
plumplump
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
Re: average dose size question
thanks for all the replies guys. so it seems like im kinda in the middle, or upper end of the middle. it will be interesting to see if some new vendors stuff allows me to lower the dosage a little. i don't hate taking 6 grams, but it makes me a little woozy in the stomach afterwords sometimes, and if i could save money that would be nice.
-
instantKARMA
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 680
- Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: average dose size question
On a good day, 2.5-4 grams 4-6 times a day. However, bedtime amount is generally
in the 4-7 gram range, again depending on pain levels. I've found 2 grams about an hour
before bedtime and then another 3-5 gram spike just before bed really enhances sleep.
When pain wakes me in the middle of the night, which happens most nights, I generally
take another 2-3 grams to get me through. Pain while sleeping is a major issue.
On a bad day, 6-8 times. Average dose on a really uncomfortable day is a minimum of
3 grams. Sometimes I begin with around 2.5 grams and bump it an hour later with another
2 grams. Would likely dose a larger quantity if not for developing tolerance issues. I've been
battling that demon off and on the last couple of months.
in the 4-7 gram range, again depending on pain levels. I've found 2 grams about an hour
before bedtime and then another 3-5 gram spike just before bed really enhances sleep.
When pain wakes me in the middle of the night, which happens most nights, I generally
take another 2-3 grams to get me through. Pain while sleeping is a major issue.
On a bad day, 6-8 times. Average dose on a really uncomfortable day is a minimum of
3 grams. Sometimes I begin with around 2.5 grams and bump it an hour later with another
2 grams. Would likely dose a larger quantity if not for developing tolerance issues. I've been
battling that demon off and on the last couple of months.
-
plumplump
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
Re: average dose size question
i wonder if smaller doses more often would be a good idea for me. during the day i just like a little bit of good clean energy and anxiety relief. night time i do like to feel like i've taken something, if that makes sense. like a nice warm blanket kinda feel. also, i take 3-4 days off a week, depending on how i am feeling. my tolerance always seems to be the same after 4 days, so i wonder if i am taking the minimum amount for my natural tolerance, at least of this bunch of kratom that i currently have.
- DrFappingston
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm
Re: average dose size question
6g is a full dose for me. Usually I'll take a 6g dose in the AM before I go into work, another 6g dose at around 1PM after lunch and then when I get home I will generally do multiple 1g doses spaced about an hour apart.
I get noticeable effects around 4g, but 6g is the sweet spot for me. I plan to try to cut it in half within the next month or two though and try my hand at this whole "less is more" theory. Seems counter-intuitive to me, but it seems to work for others.
I'm about 6" 330lbs male, and also tend to have a naturally high tolerance for substances of most types.
I get noticeable effects around 4g, but 6g is the sweet spot for me. I plan to try to cut it in half within the next month or two though and try my hand at this whole "less is more" theory. Seems counter-intuitive to me, but it seems to work for others.
I'm about 6" 330lbs male, and also tend to have a naturally high tolerance for substances of most types.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
-
KratomLyfe
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 pm
Re: average dose size question
5.7g in the morning around 10am. Then another 5.7 in mid-afternoon or after dinner around 7pm. The second dose is never as good as the first.
Sometimes instead of a 2nd krat, I'll do 200 milligrams of caffeine; that never disappoints
Sometimes instead of a 2nd krat, I'll do 200 milligrams of caffeine; that never disappoints
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: average dose size question
3.3 grams 4 times a day. Down from 5.5g 5 times a day.
- cheddarbear
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am
Re: average dose size question
I measured a perfect teaspoon of BB verde on my scale and it came out to 2.5 g.Maxxx wrote:You should weigh it and see. A rounded, measured teaspoon for me weighs out to about 3g.cheddarbear wrote:I usually take 4 teaspoons (I think that’s around 8 grams)
-
aqtgirly4u
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm
- Location: Kansas City Metro
Re: average dose size question
I take 2.5 to 3 gm 2 or 3 times a day. I used to take 6 but find lower doses work better most days.
- voodoopsych
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:10 pm
- Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Re: average dose size question
My tolerance kicked in at my usual 7 grams so i bumped up to taking 10 grams for a while until i can take a tolerance break.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: average dose size question
I take between 3.5g - 4.00g
6x a day
1st Morning (before work)
3-4x @ work
6th dose after dinner
Most times 6 doses
Sometimes Ill do a 7th if I need to for bed.
Can be anywhere from 3 doses minimum to 8 max. In a day.
If I sleep later and am home with not much going on Anxiety is pretty low as it is so of course only would Need to burn 3x!
I actually havent ever taken a dose Exactly for sleep. I have a lot of Fast strains due to depression causing apathy. Now I am able to work harder and for longer! (At work and at home).
I’m currently on the hunt for Slower strains finally.

6x a day
1st Morning (before work)
3-4x @ work
6th dose after dinner
Most times 6 doses
Sometimes Ill do a 7th if I need to for bed.
Can be anywhere from 3 doses minimum to 8 max. In a day.
If I sleep later and am home with not much going on Anxiety is pretty low as it is so of course only would Need to burn 3x!
I actually havent ever taken a dose Exactly for sleep. I have a lot of Fast strains due to depression causing apathy. Now I am able to work harder and for longer! (At work and at home).
I’m currently on the hunt for Slower strains finally.
- Payshince
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Re: average dose size question
I am at 2.5-3.5g 4 times a day on the days that I work. On my days off its usually 3g 3 times a day. Sometimes i will throw in a .8g booster an hour after a dose if it isnt hitting well, and a booster tends to help me put more space between my larger doses.
-
ShortyRS
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:51 am
- Location: Connecticut
Re: average dose size question
Between 3 - 3.5 g 2 - 3 times a day.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: average dose size question
3 gr,, ( 1 level tsp.) 4 times a day, and about 6 gr., a few hrs. Before bedtime ,,,, 
- DrFappingston
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm
Re: average dose size question
That's the dose that I'm trying to get to, did you start higher than that and then taper down?Oletimer wrote:3 gr,, ( 1 level tsp.) 4 times a day, and about 6 gr., a few hrs. Before bedtime ,,,,
I'm currently fiddling with my dose, I started at 6g and then tried 4g and ended up going back to 5g. I'm going to try 4.5 and see if that gives me the same or better effects.
6g is my go to dose for a bedtime red burn as well.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
-
Gonzokat86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:53 pm
Re: average dose size question
I usually dose 5g in morning, 7g before lunch, 5g evening