More "kratom death" BS...
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
More "kratom death" BS...
A young man died as the result of a motor vehicle accident after having a heart attack. His blood was tested and kratom was found in it, so of course, kratom is to blame for his death.
Here are the Cliff Notes:
The young man's father is the editor of, "The Inquirer" (of Philadelphia, PA). The father is using the media to further his "claim".
He is suing SoCal for $50,000 because it is where the kratom was purchased.
The first article contained the information that a heart attack occurred. Later, the article was edited and the fact that he had suffered a heart attack, was omitted from the article and re-posted.
I don't want to post the live link here because it is already on Google's feed and it doesn't need any more hits to drive it to the top, so the articles were archived.
Article as it was on 7 Mar 2019 18:03:08 - http://archive.is/5IV9Z
Article as it is now - 8 Mar 2019 16:12:59 - http://archive.is/mZlHO
After I caught the omission, I included both links, and sent an email to SoCal. Later, I followed up with a phone call and spoke to someone at SoCal, letting them know the details of the email that I sent. I originally had empathy for the father because I know grief makes you do dumb things. But after the fact that his son had a heart attack that contributed to the auto accident was omitted from the article and re-posted, I got a little upset, because now he's made it strictly a witch hunt.
Here are the Cliff Notes:
The young man's father is the editor of, "The Inquirer" (of Philadelphia, PA). The father is using the media to further his "claim".
He is suing SoCal for $50,000 because it is where the kratom was purchased.
The first article contained the information that a heart attack occurred. Later, the article was edited and the fact that he had suffered a heart attack, was omitted from the article and re-posted.
I don't want to post the live link here because it is already on Google's feed and it doesn't need any more hits to drive it to the top, so the articles were archived.
Article as it was on 7 Mar 2019 18:03:08 - http://archive.is/5IV9Z
Article as it is now - 8 Mar 2019 16:12:59 - http://archive.is/mZlHO
After I caught the omission, I included both links, and sent an email to SoCal. Later, I followed up with a phone call and spoke to someone at SoCal, letting them know the details of the email that I sent. I originally had empathy for the father because I know grief makes you do dumb things. But after the fact that his son had a heart attack that contributed to the auto accident was omitted from the article and re-posted, I got a little upset, because now he's made it strictly a witch hunt.
-
clueless vein
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm
Re: More "kratom death" BS...
If you die with kratom in your blood, many will go for it period. Regardless if you have vodka, x and x street drug in your veins at that same time. Some people find a way to bring kratom into any which negative situation. Car crash? Driver was on kratom. Get hit by a car? Because you took kratom. Earthquake? The earth had too god damn much Kratom. Its insane now days, almost humorous if it werent a threat to our well being. Exaggerating for the sake of my own sanity, but its not even far off! Rest in peace to that young man regardless.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: More "kratom death" BS...
ALL deaths are kratom deaths, Wot! This is the governments stance on the issue. Oh, what's that? Tens of thousands of pharma drug deaths per year? I see a rug over here for us to sweep that under.....
EDIT : THERE IS A SILVER LINING HERE! what? Well, I'll tell you! In order for SoCal to be held responsible, it has to be PROVEN that the kratom caused the death which is practically impossible. In the long term, a case like this setting precedent could be good for the legality issue. Small, I.know, but a silver lining, or at least potential one, all the same.
EDIT : THERE IS A SILVER LINING HERE! what? Well, I'll tell you! In order for SoCal to be held responsible, it has to be PROVEN that the kratom caused the death which is practically impossible. In the long term, a case like this setting precedent could be good for the legality issue. Small, I.know, but a silver lining, or at least potential one, all the same.
Last edited by mivanqua on Sun May 05, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: More "kratom death" BS...
Thank you for sharing Wot!
These types of stories don’t surprise me anymore
God Bless the son and
God Bless SoCal with their fight!
These types of stories don’t surprise me anymore
God Bless the son and
God Bless SoCal with their fight!
- Payshince
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: More "kratom death" BS...
I bet the case will get thrown out by a judge, but it sucks for socal because they'll have to hire lawyers and pay exorbitant legal fees to fight this. That omission bullshit is disturbing. I really have nothing nice to say.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm