Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
voodoopsych
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:10 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by voodoopsych »

Does anyone else seem to get Stronger effects from taking Kratom in capsule form and Toss and wash versus making it into tea? It just seems like I get weaker effects when dose with Tea.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Either way, you're getting it into the digestive system .. I have never toss & washed 'cuz .. pour dry powder down your throat? Mix & Chug, if you need to get it down in a hurry - Same thing right? Nobody does T+W with dry powder, they always use a chaser.. How is that different, than mixing it with the chaser FIRST, & then drinking it ?? :roll:

Hard to compare. There are many, ways to Make Tea, so you'd need to compare the method. Much of the idea behind Tea, is doing a "quick" extract & enjoying the alkaloids, while not consuming plant matter and .. Mud from the Kapuas River, we all know is there.

IF you're filtering out the sludge, using a French Press, or a Kava filter.. or a Tea Infuser filter (my choice).. Yes you "could" be losing as much as 20% of the good stuff? (I pass almost ALL the dirt through my filter. ) Solution - Bump your dose up by 20% kratom is very cheap. Right?

PPG = around .20 cents or LESS .. a standard 5-gram dose, cost $1.00 - So I bump my dose up 1 gram. Spend .20 cents more, to avoid eating a bunch of dirty mud from Kapuas River? :lol: Fine! And you totally block any hairs, or possible foreign matter. :twisted:

Capsules are very time consuming to make - And could pass into the lower digestive tract where you'd be shitting out some of the goodies - No thanks
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

Here's two tutorials for tea that I created. Some people have used them verbatim, and some have used them as a template to tweak.

Tea with crushed leaf: https://imgur.com/a/oMN6g

Tea with powder: https://imgur.com/a/1AXup

Tea is easier on the digestive system because you're not ingesting the plant matter and the alkaloids have already been drawn out of the plant matter, thus your digestive system doesn't have to do it because it's been done already. For that fact, the onset of the kratom will happen faster because it's absorbed through your mucous membranes in your mouth and throat, as it travels to your main digestive system.

I have tried many methods of making tea. I believe the best way is constant heat for at least 20 minutes. If you use a quick method, like a French press, you're not getting everything into the tea that you can. You pretty much get out of what you put into it. I've made well over a couple hundred of batches of tea. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
User avatar
DrFappingston
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by DrFappingston »

WotAnAtti2d wrote:Tea with powder: https://imgur.com/a/1AXup
Holy balls, that is a lot of work just to take a dose. I totally understand that it has it's benefits. To each their own, by all means... but I think I'll stick to toss n wash for simplicitys sake.
voodoopsych wrote:Does anyone else seem to get Stronger effects from taking Kratom in capsule form and Toss and wash versus making it into tea? It just seems like I get weaker effects when dose with Tea.
I really only take kratom two ways, toss and wash with diet Lipton Citrus Green Tea or sometimes coffee (Not for any reason other than it's the only non-water beverage that I keep in the house for myself.), when I only have 1/4th or less of the bottle left I'll use my collapsible bottle funnel from walmart, shake it up and chug it down. I don't notice any difference in strength, onset or longevity from either method. As Ballz said, does it really make much of a difference whether you mix it in liquid first and then drink it, or if you put liquid in your mouth and add kratom? ...It all gets ingested the same.

I can't comment specifically on tea because I've never tried that method and frankly I don't possess the patience to do that all the time. However, when I started taking kratom I was "extracting" the alkaloids with lemon juice and OJ, let it sit 15m or more before drinking and I did notice a stronger initial come up. It wasn't enough of a benefit to continue the practice though, I could see it being a good idea if you're battling pain and need it to come on fast and strong.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

From the tutorial, which I guess took too much time to read, "You're all done, with about 60 ounces of tea. I drink a coffee mug (about 8 ozs) for a dose. So typically, you can get seven to eight doses per batch."
User avatar
DrFappingston
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by DrFappingston »

No, it wasn't too long to read. I did in fact read the entire tutorial. However, those of us that take 3 or 4 doses daily would still have to go through the process every other day. Perhaps I could have worded my last reply more literally.

I'm not saying your method is wrong or even impractical, only that it's not for me so I'm not sure what the attitude is about.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
farbeyondmetal
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:27 am

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by farbeyondmetal »

WotAnAtti2d - What would be your normal dosage size just using the regular consumption method (kratom + cold water)? I am trying to my maths right :D
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

DrFappingston wrote:I'm not saying your method is wrong or even impractical, only that it's not for me so I'm not sure what the attitude is about.
The attitude is that's all I hear is, "Ohhh, that takes WAY too long to make!" I just can't imagine someone not being able to take a half hour out of their time spent playing Call of Duty or surfing the internet all day. You don't even have to be near the stove for 20 minutes.... just set it up and let it simmer. Plus, you said "A dose"; I clarified that it's not one dose. Someone always has something to say about the tutorials. I don't know what the compulsion is....
farbeyondmetal wrote:WotAnAtti2d - What would be your normal dosage size just using the regular consumption method (kratom + cold water)? I am trying to my maths right :D
I don't use the toss 'n wash method, sorry. There are some good starting tips in an article on reddit and it's called Kratom 101. Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/wiki/ma ... ctory_info

If you're asking about a comparable amount of kratom to a dose of the tea, it's about two to three grams. I hope one of those answered your question.
User avatar
DrFappingston
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by DrFappingston »

WotAnAtti2d wrote:"The attitude is that's all I hear is, "Ohhh, that takes WAY too long to make!" I just can't imagine someone not being able to take a half hour out of their time spent playing Call of Duty or surfing the internet all day. You don't even have to be near the stove for 20 minutes.... just set it up and let it simmer. Plus, you said "A dose"; I clarified that it's not one dose. Someone always has something to say about the tutorials. I don't know what the compulsion is....
I understand, and I apologize if I came off brash at all. I'll usually let things slide as not to cause any drama. I woke up this morning and saw your reply first thing as I was getting ready for work, it rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, that's no excuse.-- I would have been better off ignoring and revisiting later.

I did say "a dose" meant as more of a general term, I completely see how that was mistaken. I might try it at least once to see the difference. I use toss and wash because it takes a couple of minutes to weigh and knock it back. For work I use little "to go" protein powder funnels that I keep filled with individual doses of various blends. On a related note, I rarely use the same strain/blend in the same day, so a premade tea would be limiting as far as keeping my rotation.

I'd venture to guess the compulsion to gawk at them comes from the 21 pictures that makes it appear to be a longer, more involved process than it actually is. It looks like a lot when you're scrolling through and reading the steps. Not that that's a bad thing, it's better to be thorough. I just didn't take a whole lot of time to think of it in a realistic timeline, and that's no one's fault but my own.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

Fair enough. Let's call the use of so many pictures a work casualty. I'm a system administrator by trade. I find that, if I create tutorials in a step-by-step pictorial format, I rarely get calls about what to do. There's always someone, but pictures just make it easier.
lemondrop
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by lemondrop »

I love capsules! I find them quick and easy to make by hand ( see numerous youtube videos for different techniques) and in my experience the gelatin capsule skins I use dissolve very quickly. If I keep one in my mouth for long, yucky kratom suddenly coats my tongue, so I think they are no match for lasting through stomach acid for more than seconds.


There is so much mythology around kratom in every aspect (for example: vein color = effect) and the way it's ingested is another one of the things that has constituents of various methods that feel very strongly that it determines effect.

I guess there is no way to know what the facts are until science is allowed in.
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

Whatever works... that's my methodology. ;)
farbeyondmetal
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:27 am

Re: Tea Vs Toss&Wash

Post by farbeyondmetal »

Wotti I just want to thank you for the tutorial. I kind of went off the rails with it a bit but it worked.

I weighed out 20 grams, found the biggest pot i could find and filled it about 75% to the top with water and put the kratom in after letting it soak in lemom juice for 10 minutes. I followed your instructions for the most part but let it simmer for 30 minutes since it was a lot more water/kratom than in your guide. I didn't do the booster batch, and it still came out to about 1.5 fl. oz of liquid, and much darker than in your tutorial. It was a bit intimidating so i only poured a little less than half of a coffee cup worth and diluted it with water until it looked like the color in your tutorial. Turned out to be a pretty spot on dose and now I probably have about a weeks worth or more of tea sitting in my fridge. Very happy with this, thanks :geek:
Post Reply