Kratom as pain meds?
- SimonBcv
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm
Kratom as pain meds?
Week ago fell off my bike, broke arm after the surgery when numbness wore off pain is excruciating they gave me 20 oxycodones 325mg I took 1 and it numbed the pain for only about an hour, my usual Kratom dose is 1-to-2 grams, I tried 4 grams red paupa from mystic island but it didn't help at all with the pain, do you guys have any recommendations?
-
Pete2000
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Sorry about your arm. Herbal RVA's White Big Bang had pretty good pain relief, but it made me feel a bit wired. Probably better for daytime use. Their PMD was also good for pain. Smiley's Red Aceh and Liza's Red Headed Stepchild also worked well. Not much mood lift from the RHSC though. Had a White Sumatra from Mystic that I ordered in early January that was really good for pain, not sure about the current batch. I'm working though some Sacred Son samples right now, so far the Green Boyan was best on pain. Good luck!
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Sumantra and borneo, both red and white,,are the ones that truly help me with serious pain, ,much more than pain pills ever did
-
plumplump
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
the red hulu from ec botanicals is the best one i have found for that purpose. good luck!
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
I think you mean 5 mg Oxycodone - 325 mg acetaminophen. A dose of 325 mg Oxycodone would likely kill a horse. Honestly, I don't think that kratom is stronger than oxycodone, but that doesn't mean that you can't try. The strongest strain that I've been able to use for pain is red Bali. However, it's a super sleepy strain for me. I use it to sleep through the night painlessly, when the pain is really bad.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
RVA Red Borneo, Royal Bent, Red Bali, Gold Bali, Red Indo (mostly only good for pain relief and blends imo), Red Malay, Red Bent, Red Ketapang, Yellow Indo.
SOSA Gold MD, Red Indo, Red Horn, Red Sunda, Yellow MD.
Kraydo Green Bali, Elephant, Red Malay, Red Asia, Red Horn, Bentuangie ( tho is mostly just good for pain relief and blending), and also Red and Green Borneo.
I use kratom for multiple chronic pain issues plus insomnia, migraines, and a mood stabilizer so I feel your pain!! These all are my go to strains as far as potent and solid relief of any or all of my personal issues so I hope that maybe they can help you as well!
SOSA Gold MD, Red Indo, Red Horn, Red Sunda, Yellow MD.
Kraydo Green Bali, Elephant, Red Malay, Red Asia, Red Horn, Bentuangie ( tho is mostly just good for pain relief and blending), and also Red and Green Borneo.
I use kratom for multiple chronic pain issues plus insomnia, migraines, and a mood stabilizer so I feel your pain!! These all are my go to strains as far as potent and solid relief of any or all of my personal issues so I hope that maybe they can help you as well!
Last edited by acejestyr15 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
WotAnAtti2d wrote:Honestly, I don't think that kratom is stronger than oxycodone,.
No, it's not. I'd say it's about equal to hydrocodone.
My favorite pain relieving strain is Red Aceh. I got mine from K-OG quite a while ago.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Kratom doesn’t quite work the same way as opioids, so the pain relief isn’t totally comparable. There’s also a ceiling to kratom effects, so you could supposedly eat 30 grams and not feel more relief than you would from like 6 grams. I take 7g and it is typically effective for managing chronic back pain/ache. It’s not likely to help as much with strong pain like a broken arm. It’s more of a “take the edge off” sort of thing.
Everyone has different “chemistry” and experience with kratom though, so don’t go by my anecdotes. Try going up to 5 or 6g - be prepared for a little nausea. The recommendations in here are good places to start if the strain you have isn’t working for pain. Some are better than others and different people react differently to different strains.
Everyone has different “chemistry” and experience with kratom though, so don’t go by my anecdotes. Try going up to 5 or 6g - be prepared for a little nausea. The recommendations in here are good places to start if the strain you have isn’t working for pain. Some are better than others and different people react differently to different strains.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
ALL good kratom has at least "some" pain relief .. U should first, get yourself a decent quality kratom.. Reds preferred, but I'd take a potent green over a weak red. Next - Couple things U can do, to enhance the analgesic effect. #1 is use Agmatine Sulfate, along with lowering your kratom dose. Many who deal with chronic pain, report the Agmatine does increase analgesia however may blunt the "mood" effects.
You could also try adding some Full Spectrum extract, again, lowering your kratom dose and replacing that with some extract. Any quality FSE, even the Resin type extract should do the job. Again you'll need to read up & study the pro's and con's of extract.
Search Reddit, the Knowledge Base for all things kratom. Search Bar Good Luck!
You could also try adding some Full Spectrum extract, again, lowering your kratom dose and replacing that with some extract. Any quality FSE, even the Resin type extract should do the job. Again you'll need to read up & study the pro's and con's of extract.
Search Reddit, the Knowledge Base for all things kratom. Search Bar Good Luck!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Liza’s Red Monster. Best strain I have for analgesia. It’s not much on mood or euphoria, but definitely works on pain.
-
clueless vein
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Normally a variation of red Borneo works for me. Provides some mood lift as well. But its a slow soothing red (usually)
- SimonBcv
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Hey what is a good effective dosage in grams that works for you to dull the pain?
P.S.@WotAnAtti2d sorry yes I meant 5mg
P.S.@WotAnAtti2d sorry yes I meant 5mg
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
I live with serious, severe chronic pain and I will tell you for pain like that, the only thing that works are Reds. Botanical Bunny's RoJo Loco, Inland Botanicals Red MD, Red Bali, and Red Borneo...and those are three common, basic strains you will want to keep in mind: Red MD, Red Bali, and Red Borneo. PA Botanicals has a fibro blend that includes extract. When they have sales, I get red strains from Happy Hippo like Red Hot Hippo. If a vendor has a red blend, sample it. Liza's Botanicals has plenty of those. SoCal sometimes breaks out with killer red strains and they always help my pain, like their Red Cambodian did when in stock. Right now I am exploring all of Mr. Smiley's reds and going for the ones considered most potent.
Living in pain means I take larger doses than most people on this forum, and I do not apologize for it. When I find something that works, I order a lot of it because for me, kratom IS pain medicine.
I do think blending greens, whites, yellows, golds with a red dominant strain can be helpful, but I go 3/4 red and 1/4 green, gold, or yellow. It adds a little flavor to the pain medicine, but Red MD is excellent because it is strong and provides energy and uplift. I can say more about this later, but I need more kratom now. Ha!
Living in pain means I take larger doses than most people on this forum, and I do not apologize for it. When I find something that works, I order a lot of it because for me, kratom IS pain medicine.
I do think blending greens, whites, yellows, golds with a red dominant strain can be helpful, but I go 3/4 red and 1/4 green, gold, or yellow. It adds a little flavor to the pain medicine, but Red MD is excellent because it is strong and provides energy and uplift. I can say more about this later, but I need more kratom now. Ha!
The Red Queen
-
myobeez
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
I’m so glad I stumbled on this post. I have to have surgery and can’t take norco, makes me feel like a cracked out loony. My last surgery I seriously took Aleve because of it, I didn’t know about kratom then. So I’ve been trying to figure out how to use it for that kind of pain after my surgery. Not my day to day aches and pains. I don’t use kratom to sleep or have ever used reds alone so I will definitely try it out and see. Very good info, thank you all!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
My hips (arthritis) started hurting worse than they're hurt in a long time this morning at work. I had already taken a mid morning dose of .40 Royal Bent and .40 Green Nugroz and it wasn't helping, although that dose was more for mood boost and anxiety. So I bumped up my usual dose of around .8 to 1.25 Red Aceh and added a couple ibuprofen. I wasn't expecting more than the edge taken off, but I realized about 45 minutes later I was having zero pain. The difference was amazing. I'm so glad I got a kilo of that Red Aceh when it was still in stock!
I have facet joint arthritis all through my lumbar spine and in both hips. When the weather goes from good to bad, my lower back hurts bad. When the weather goes from bad to good, or even ok to good, my hips hurt bad. I only noticed that this year.
I have facet joint arthritis all through my lumbar spine and in both hips. When the weather goes from good to bad, my lower back hurts bad. When the weather goes from bad to good, or even ok to good, my hips hurt bad. I only noticed that this year.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Weather sure affects the pain,,,omg,,rain,,change in temps,my worse pain before I found kratom was the nerve pain going from lower back down my leg,,that's pretty much disappeared, ,nowadays it's the pain in lower back,,but just about any kratom I take helps ,some more than others,, I think pain is what brought many of us to kratom in the 1st place,,,ya know? Finding what works best for other issues, like anxiety, stress,,is a bit more tricky,,one day bali works, next day, I have to try something different, ,the whole science behind mood disorders has a lot more variables involved, , 
-
Pete2000
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
It was for me. I used to pop one or two Aleve gel caps most mornings, and then again in the evening. Haven't taken one in the evening in months.Oletimer wrote:I think pain is what brought many of us to kratom in the 1st place,,,ya know?
- ScottyK
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
- Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
I find that Kratom works uniquely well for nerve pain. I had a screwed up hand and couldn’t pick anything up. Heroin didn’t help. Kratom instantly reduced the swelling and I could use it. Weird.
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
SimonBcv!
1-2 grams is low have you tried using more?
You mentioned 4 grams..
Hmm any luck with higher doses??
And you mentioned,
Red Papua from MI? The last time Red Papua was around was last year 2018 during the summertime!
...
What have you found has worked atm!?
Are you healing alright along with pain relief and comfort?
Please update us all if you could
I hope you found a strain and dosage that is working for you!
Red Papua is a very nice strain.
Surprised to see someone mention that one,
It is a gem impo!
God Bless.
1-2 grams is low have you tried using more?
You mentioned 4 grams..
Hmm any luck with higher doses??
And you mentioned,
Red Papua from MI? The last time Red Papua was around was last year 2018 during the summertime!
...
What have you found has worked atm!?
Are you healing alright along with pain relief and comfort?
Please update us all if you could
I hope you found a strain and dosage that is working for you!
Red Papua is a very nice strain.
Surprised to see someone mention that one,
It is a gem impo!
God Bless.
- Payshince
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Pete2000 wrote:It was for me. I used to pop one or two Aleve gel caps most mornings, and then again in the evening. Haven't taken one in the evening in months.Oletimer wrote:I think pain is what brought many of us to kratom in the 1st place,,,ya know?
For many of us I would imagine so yes. Probably the majority as speculation but for me that was Not the case.
I started using Kratom for management for my Depression and Debilitating Social Anxiety and Mood management.
And guess what?
It works still to this day 9 months later!
God Bless Us All
- Payshince
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
ScottyK!ScottyK wrote:I find that Kratom works uniquely well for nerve pain. I had a screwed up hand and couldn’t pick anything up. Heroin didn’t help. Kratom instantly reduced the swelling and I could use it. Weird.
That is def weird in an interesting way!
If you don’t mind me asking, what was wrong with your hand?
I get pains in both my hands from time to time as if its carpal tunnel but It Isnt!
I broke both my arms (wrists) not at the same time but still i dont draw anymore bcuz the pain gives me weakness. Of course if I focused on more pain relieving strains like Reds or ETC.* I prob could draw again without the middle of my hands feeling super peculiar.
Who the F knows what it is
I can be a hypochondriac sometimes
Anyway,
Hope alls well.
- Payshince
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
I was taking mophine and hydrocodone 10 for over a decade when i found kratom Lizas RHSC and red Sumatra Since that day 7 months ago I havent needed any of my pain meds i have fibromyalgia and CFS and trigmenal neurologia and a host of a bunch of other dx It truly helped me kick thats ass im driving my car again safely shes a 62 nova and able to do so many things i thought id never do again Yellow Hulu red thai and Id recommend Happy go Lucky its alot on pain relief with abit of Lets Do this thrown in.It is true that every strain ive tried has pain relief.I ve also found having a trusted vendor is important vetted vendors off fb are all full of themselves a goid vendor is hard to find now but I love Liza because she care about helping you to find what works best for each individual you are definitely in good hands here
- ScottyK
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
- Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Re: Kratom as pain meds?
Lol. I was injecting bad things into my upper hand right above my thumb and hit a nerve. It blew up like a balloon and it didn’t heal for like 4 months. Ya, don’t ever do that. It hurts.Payshince wrote:ScottyK!ScottyK wrote:I find that Kratom works uniquely well for nerve pain. I had a screwed up hand and couldn’t pick anything up. Heroin didn’t help. Kratom instantly reduced the swelling and I could use it. Weird.
That is def weird in an interesting way!
If you don’t mind me asking, what was wrong with your hand?
I get pains in both my hands from time to time as if its carpal tunnel but It Isnt!
I broke both my arms (wrists) not at the same time but still i dont draw anymore bcuz the pain gives me weakness. Of course if I focused on more pain relieving strains like Reds or ETC.* I prob could draw again without the middle of my hands feeling super peculiar.
Who the F knows what it is
I can be a hypochondriac sometimes
Anyway,
Hope alls well.