Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

Me.


I have been looking for this link for MONTHS. Found it in my 'other bookmarks' along with a bunch of other missing stuff. :roll:

Basically, it explains a possible mechanism by which kratom might cause one to experience hair loss. Very interesting. I'd love to ask my PCP to check my prolactin levels next month when I see her but that would involve a whole lot of questions I would not want to answer. :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... ntagonism/
User avatar
gravystainonmyshirt
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by gravystainonmyshirt »

Wow, i havent heard about it. Its weird because im 34 and dont experience any loss but i thought i might be a few months ago so now im kinda wondering if the kratom might be thinning me out. Ill keep tabs on it and follow up with you. I asked my barber and they said i might be but i thought it might just be the lighting. Lol, the things we say to relate right.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by e_poison »

I can’t tell. I shave my head anyway. :lol:
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by Oletimer »

Hummm my son started to get the receding hairlines,but it started before kratom, it's a 26-36 thing for men,,I didn't read your thing,,if it affects women too,my daughter sheds a lot
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

e_poison wrote:I can’t tell. I shave my head anyway. :lol:

Maybe I should start. :? :cry:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

gravystainonmyshirt wrote:Wow, i havent heard about it. Its weird because im 34 and dont experience any loss but i thought i might be a few months ago so now im kinda wondering if the kratom might be thinning me out. Ill keep tabs on it and follow up with you. I asked my barber and they said i might be but i thought it might just be the lighting. Lol, the things we say to relate right.

How long have you been using kratom?
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by instantKARMA »

Read a similar article about kratom lowering testosterone levels. I was prescribed oxycodone for a number of years and
it caused my testosterone levels to drop by more than HALF causing loss of muscle mass, some hair loss and energy.
I spent the better part of two years on the couch due to severe fatigue. :( Stopped the oxy and began a daily kratom
regimen. In seven months my testosterone levels LITERALLY doubled, muscle mass has returned and hair has came back
along with enough energy to hike up to eight miles without problems! :)
I'd take anything some of these people write with a grain of salt (or maybe several grams of kratom!) :lol:
Most of those stories are bunk likely put out there by Big Pharma or the tRUMP appointees in the FDA! :evil:
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by beathappening »

Yeah but I'm a 32 yo male so I can't say objectively whether it's from the kratom or if it would be happening anyway
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by brave777 »

Only way to find out is stop use krtom and wait 5 months , see if there is any changes, you you get a nice bushy hair pop up after,t hen its kratom thinning it out. Lets not forget any body stress can do that to you, like my tooth nerve pain, when on kratom i dont feel it, i feel great but when i look into the mirror i still see one side of face sad and stressed, so it could be pain blocking quality when in reality your body needs help of something to be taken care of, like the tooth nerve pain analogy. Thats why its very important no matter how good you feel to feel even more good and well by eat best top notch food, staying away from router wifi or cell phone docks, or cooking food in microwave in kitchen a lot. Airplane your cell when sleep. I got everything wired, and when i messure my room it comes up 0 EMF on a meter. Right now study shows being exposed by high level of EMF is worse then smoking, if do use wifi low the range tot he lowest. When service intall its maxed out when the whole sub division can see your name and if some smart they cans teal leech your internet. I sleep well in 0 EMF environment. I use to wake up a lot like at 3 am when i was being bombarded by emf. The other day my friend called to opt out from smart meters, and company by accident used the word you want the "medical meter"?? My friend asked about it and why he used the word, he says thats what his computer shows. Smart meters do tons of EMF. Sometimes energy companys install it with out your permissions, if you go back of your house most likely you got one with out your knowledge if you never heard about it. Drink well or spring water, avoid fountain water which most likely full of fluoride. Some factors to consider that could improve hair and not stress your body. Oh and fix all your teeth problems, got mine scheduled. Good luck.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

rhythmsaint messaged me the link to a thread at the big sub I'd forgotten about. Has some interesting info in it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... usershelp/
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by pray4peace4 »

I've read quite a few posts about kratom-caused har loss & didn't give too much credence to it until some guy posted on r/kratom, I think, his substantial hair loss. I'd normally attribute male baldness to the inherited version, but he insisted it was caused by kratom & proved it with photos of his hair growing back after a couple months of no kratom use.

My daily kratom use is usually all RVA strains. I do have some others but they're just occasional use. I got some fantastic Red Bali from SoCal & been using it pretty much exclusively for the last month. My hair started falling out late last week. My wife noticed it right away - my hairline retreated about 2 inches in one week alone. When I comb my hair big bunches come out. Not cool. I'm a guy in my mid 60s & up until last week had very thick hair. I'd be real interested to hear from those experiencing hair loss which vendor's product you primarily use.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

pray4peace4 wrote: I'd be real interested to hear from those experiencing hair loss which vendor's product you primarily use.

RVA, K-OG, Liza's Treasure House, Johnson's and Socal lately. I mix up vendors a lot. My hair has been thinning for at least a year, year and a half. Maybe longer and I wasn't really noticing until it got fairly bad.
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by WhiteAngelica »

Get bloodwork just in case. Hair loss comes along with thyroid issues, D deficiency, and low iron. I lose hair from my chronic anemia.

Btw, I didn't know about any of this until I went to the doctor in 2015 (back then, I was healthy and didn't go to the doctor often. I didn't use kratom at this time.) Without having a clue, I had severe anemia and almost needed a blood transfusion. My vitamin D was so low my bones could have broken. At this point, it was the start of my illness but who knew?

And yes, my hair was falling out. MAybe there is a connection with kratom, but for me, it's anemia and hormone issues. Worth checking out.
The Red Queen
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

I just had blood work done a few months past, everything is fine. Vit D was within normal range.
User avatar
Inland Botanicals
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm
Location: Post Falls, Idaho
Contact:

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by Inland Botanicals »

I haven't had this problem with Kratom but I did a long time ago when I was doing the Keto diet. I added Vitamin B-1 to my daily vitamin routine and it definitely helped. Also, you might want to try applying castor oil to your hair. I know it's a super messy product but I've had some people I know say it works. I didn't try it on my hair but it made my eyelashes grow really long. Good luck! ;)
Gina
Co-Owner of
Inland Botanicals LLC
855-758-8251

https://inlandbotanicals.com/
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Just in case Ive been taking Moringa liza has it in powder or you can get it from Amazon in cap I had hair thinning before kratom but after a month my hair is doing great plus it has so many other great benefits natures everything vitamin its truly awesome.
Nic
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by Nic »

I have noticed that my hair seems to be thinning a little faster since I’ve been using kratom. I already had a touch of receding hairline but since I’ve been using kratom my hair just don’t seem as healthy. I am 41 years old so some can be expected but I’m convinced the kratom is making it thin out even faster. I have been using Nioxin and Minoxidil with out much success. I have never heard of moringa, it definitely has a lot of good reviews on amazon. It looks more promising than anything else I have researched. I just ordered a bottle of capsules from amazon for around $20. Thanks for the post.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

I used Nioxin too, did nothing.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

GrannyJ62 wrote:Just in case Ive been taking Moringa liza has it in powder or you can get it from Amazon in cap I had hair thinning before kratom but after a month my hair is doing great plus it has so many other great benefits natures everything vitamin its truly awesome.

Does it have any side effects?
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by trigger »

I saw that original thread on reddit, but didn't think much of it. I am in my 40s and have a full head of hair - I take kratom every day for the last like 3 years... no issues. The only side effect I've had is that I stopped taking all other meds (wellbutrin and percs for chronic pain).
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

I'm going to add some vitamins and protein shakes every day and see if that helps. I'm probably not getting enough protein lately. Well, not probably. I know I'm not. :lol:
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Nnithing but good here and I haven't heard anything but good thing's
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Taking Moringa i mean
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

GrannyJ62 wrote:Nnithing but good here and I haven't heard anything but good thing's

Ok, thank you!!

I'll go with the vitamins/supplements and protein shakes for a while, see how that goes. Might add moringa later after I research it some more.

I added in biotin yesterday so I can expect to start breaking out ANY MINUTE NOW. :cry:
User avatar
gravystainonmyshirt
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by gravystainonmyshirt »

herbalhippie wrote:
gravystainonmyshirt wrote:Wow, i havent heard about it. Its weird because im 34 and dont experience any loss but i thought i might be a few months ago so now im kinda wondering if the kratom might be thinning me out. Ill keep tabs on it and follow up with you. I asked my barber and they said i might be but i thought it might just be the lighting. Lol, the things we say to relate right.

How long have you been using kratom?
For about a year, but its not coming out all that bad. I dont even know if it ever was, i thought i was thinning for a bit but after it remained the way it was i figured i was always like that and i was just being paranoid. You know how sometimes the way the light hits your hair at an angle it looks thinner than it really is. People i know say im just paranoid so ill take their word for it, because why not, if they say im not thinning why argue that i am right.
HappyHulu
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by HappyHulu »

I don't have any hair loss, but I don't dose everyday and I also make strained tea. I do take Biotin and have noticed my hair seems a little thicker, which is good because I have very thin hair. I'm just really interested in this Moringa.

I've been doing a lot of research and it seems it has some great benefits, overall. Would love to add it to my protein shakes. Anyone that already takes it, can you put up a link as to which one's you use? I only use Thorne vitamins, and they don't seem to carry Moringa. I just don't trust Amazon reviews and would love to get a reputable product. Thanks in advance. :D
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by instantKARMA »

HappyHulu wrote:I don't have any hair loss, but I don't dose everyday and I also make strained tea. I do take Biotin and have noticed my hair seems a little thicker, which is good because I have very thin hair. I'm just really interested in this Moringa.

I've been doing a lot of research and it seems it has some great benefits, overall. Would love to add it to my protein shakes. Anyone that already takes it, can you put up a link as to which one's you use? I only use Thorne vitamins, and they don't seem to carry Moringa. I just don't trust Amazon reviews and would love to get a reputable product. Thanks in advance. :D
We get ours at Herbal-RVA or here: https://tinyurl.com/y5jr22ag
If, for some reason, the link doesn't function (it should), re-post! Both sources seem to have good quality Moringa powder. The powder from
"Moringa Energy Life" is a bit more palatable.
Last edited by instantKARMA on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by brave777 »

HappyHulu wrote:I don't have any hair loss, but I don't dose everyday and I also make strained tea. I do take Biotin and have noticed my hair seems a little thicker, which is good because I have very thin hair. I'm just really interested in this Moringa.
I use https://getthetea.com/?s=moringa , I also use the Cinnamon, their cinnamon is one the best and has two other ingredients that most other cinnamon dont have. come from sri lanka. I believe its 60 caps for cinnamon. Another my fav one is Sea vegetables, it come in 90 caps. They both drop blood sugar levels like crazy + kratom drops sugar levels is a bonus. i got my mom Cinnamon and sea vegetables. She use to take two shots of insulin everyday, and now she skips one shot of insulin everyday. Very effective. Their morning is amazing too. All their products is super good and effective, not no Walmart or amazon shit that has good reviews. Mom was taking big bottle of cinnamon from Walmart, i took that big bottle and shoved it in the garbage can becayse she was complaining pain in stomach, i opened one walmart cap and wow cinamon is not grinded well and bigger then sand like. Ever since she stopped taking walmart brand her somach issues went away. Got her the good kind of cinnamon that actually works. The problem in this world is big company's focus on cheap stuff to sell to the mass, thats why its always best to seek out top notch stuff. Please look after your own elders. ANy way have a great day! :)

https://getthetea.com/shop/potentsea-sea-vegetables/ is sea vegetable i use for hair loss. it seems like its improving my hair. been using for one month. It does say it helps with better hair. I think all kratomites should have this, kratom and this works well so good that i started to remember big numbers at work. Since just kratom on its own made me speedy and forgetful. seems like this problem is solved with sea vegetables.
Kratom user since 2014!
HappyHulu
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by HappyHulu »

Thanks instantKarma and brave777 for some valuable info. So nice of you both to chime in! :D :D
Livinanwinin321
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by Livinanwinin321 »

Lol you guys are getting old that's why you're losing your hair . My hair starting thinking at 26 and I'm now thirty but I've only taken kratom for 2 years. Kratom will not make u go bald. If it did alot more of us we be walking around bald
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Anyone else experiencing hair loss from kratom?

Post by beathappening »

Livinanwinin321 wrote:Lol you guys are getting old that's why you're losing your hair . My hair starting thinking at 26 and I'm now thirty but I've only taken kratom for 2 years. Kratom will not make u go bald. If it did alot more of us we be walking around bald
I've always thought this is probably true. There's just no way to really tell, to be objective. Personally my hair started to recede noticeably just this last year, when I started using kratom daily. I'm 32, and before I hadn't noticed anything. You gotta wonder, is it really a coincidence that all these people are claiming this one specific side effect? It's hard to tell.

One theory ive read was that there are people who lose their hair and those that don't, and in the ones that do, kratom speeds up the process.
Post Reply