Sick

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
BunnyBoo2011
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:42 am

Sick

Post by BunnyBoo2011 »

Guys, looking for feedback. I'M running a 103 fever, have a super dry cough and basically feel like hell. Dr. says to come in tomorrow to test for flu.

Anyone find that kratom helps at all in this situation? Or is it a good time to just take a break? I am supposed to alternate pain relievers (which I don't take anymore) to keep fever down.so that's what's making me feel like just taking a break.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Sick

Post by e_poison »

A small dose is probably okay if you think you can handle it. I know when I'm sick even with a cold, I can't stomach my normal doses. I had the flu a few years back and all I did for 10 days straight was sleep, eat a few bites of soup, take a hot shower, nyquil, repeat. Hope you feel better soon! Make sure you are taking something for the fever, and staying hydrated (extra hydration if you are going to be taking kratom).
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Sick

Post by acejestyr15 »

It usually helps keep me from getting sick and even when I do finally now and then catch something it helps to fight it off and makes me feel waaaayyyy better!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Sick

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Hey sorry to hear that, BunnyBoo. I caught a "bug" last week, Nasty cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, type of bug... :evil:

Went to supermarket last Weds. Next day I had sore throat, head totally stuffed up & on Thurs & Friday my immune system kicked in; by Sat I was blowing out HUGE chunks of... well, you get the picture. Terrible, bad cold virus.. Sinus full of gunk, and worry about it going down into my lungs!! I'm an old former smoker.

Now here's the weird thing. I can't take Antihistamines, due to my prostate issues. No Sudafed, no Benadryl, can't handle that stuff (It wrecks your bladder muscles & you can't pee.. look it up.) So.. I'm suffering with Saline spray at night. Drinking lots of water... But during the day - my Kratom dose, not only made me feel better... It completely dried up my runny nose!! Almost like a Benadryl or ? I could breathe again... Is Kratom a Cure for the Common Cold?? :ugeek:

Get Well Soon!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Sick

Post by Oletimer »

Knock on wood, ,but since I have been taking kratom, I haven't got a bad cold,or sinus infection, my son says same thing, I am not a doctor, but I think it boost immune system,
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Sick

Post by WhiteAngelica »

You should take tylenol every so many hours, just in this case, to get that fever down. Your fever = no joke.
The Red Queen
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Sick

Post by trigger »

Whenever I've been sick with a fever, I take a break from kratom. I find kratom negates other medicines or alters their effects. So I take theraflu, nyquil, soup, sugar free seltzer water (anything from lacroix to diet 7-up), lots of water and vitamins and immune system boosters. I've got valley fever though, so if I get sick and it develops into a cough, I eventually throw my back out coughing so much.
BunnyBoo2011
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:42 am

Re: Sick

Post by BunnyBoo2011 »

Fever went down overnight, now back up to 102. Im alternating advil and tylenol, at least thats what they told me to do.

I think im just gonna take a break. I usually take it for back pain but im just laying around anyway.

Thanks for the feedback, truly appreciated!!
Brad frerichs
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Sick

Post by Brad frerichs »

I’ve been sick with the flu like symptoms for a couple days now and I’ve noticed when I take Kratom I’m not getting the normal effects that come along with Kratom. Has this happened with anyone else?
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Sick

Post by brave777 »

Brad frerichs wrote:I’ve been sick with the flu like symptoms for a couple days now and I’ve noticed when I take Kratom I’m not getting the normal effects that come along with Kratom. Has this happened with anyone else?
Signs that kratom and wd are catching on, sometimes people take everyday even 30+ grams thinking they can get away. sorry to say you cant get away from that. All you wll do eventually is cover your kratom DW with a kratom, best to cut in half and take a few days break. or stop right now and see how long you can last, add only half the dose you usually do and then see how much you can last, then cut the last dose in half. like always hot baths, and warm teas help.
Kratom user since 2014!
Brad frerichs
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Sick

Post by Brad frerichs »

brave777 wrote:
Brad frerichs wrote:I’ve been sick with the flu like symptoms for a couple days now and I’ve noticed when I take Kratom I’m not getting the normal effects that come along with Kratom. Has this happened with anyone else?
Signs that kratom and wd are catching on, sometimes people take everyday even 30+ grams thinking they can get away. sorry to say you cant get away from that. All you wll do eventually is cover your kratom DW with a kratom, best to cut in half and take a few days break. or stop right now and see how long you can last, add only half the dose you usually do and then see how much you can last, then cut the last dose in half. like always hot baths, and warm teas help.
I’ve had withdrawals from pain pills and Kratom before :D I have a killer soar throat a cold and my chest is congested. I’m all to familiar with withdrawal in my life. I don’t believe this is withdrawal. With all that said, Kratom is not doing much since I’ve been sick :(. Thanks for the advice though! I will use your helpful info with my next round of withdrawal!
User avatar
gravystainonmyshirt
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Sick

Post by gravystainonmyshirt »

if your fever gets too hot your brain can “cook” so i would stick with the nsaid rotation until it subsides. and drink a lot, a LOT of water k. hope you feel better BunnyBoo, its a cute name by the way
Post Reply