Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by brave777 »

I come to think, that every season I have this issue, when pollen starts to fly in mass. My eyes itch, stuffed throat or runny nose if drink enough vitamin c, triple the dose of vitamin C, i rather have runny nose and breath then walk around stuffed up. I woke up realizing i am breathing from my mouth. I spend half a day gardening and we have pine trees on our 10 acre land. It looked like desert storm. I scratched my eyes so much, then gave up scratching put 4 drops of visine in each eye and let it be, looked like i cried all day. I did noticed my throat starting to have issues. It didnt rain over a week and it was about to start raining, when i went to the car, my car was all covered with pollen all over.

Just had 4g of sosa agus #3 and smileys 2g SG #3. didnt reach my peak yet but already starting to feel better. My tooth nerve is killing me, it comes on and off. But its bearable with kratom.

What i did to improve my situation. Took triple the dose of vitamin C, turmeric is anti-inflammatory. I made real turmeric, ginger, linden flower loose leaf, lofant loose leaf and guayusa loose leaf tea by simmering for 10 min on a stove. My dad got 2 gallon of his honey from bee hives yesterday, heard local raw honey helps with allergy's so i dumped two big spoon full mixed it up and drank it up. 24 min has passed and my nose is cleared up and i feel great like nothing happened. My throat hurt little , very little noticeable but not as bad as i just woked up.

Just want to assure it has nothing to do with kratom, its the pollen season and for all the lovely kratomites here to be careful, stay inside more often until the pollination is over. Especially if you have any history in the past having trouble with pollen seasons. Keep your room clean, take showers and clean cloth before walking into room and keep your room air purified if you got a purifier. Clean any dust, even thought i have no allergy's on dust but some people might. Also smoking ciggs will make you sneeze and be affected by pollen 100%. I tested it out every year for the past 5 years. On pollen seasons i would go where there is lots of it, smoke one cigg and reactions start instantly. I stoped drinking soda's and do not want to test much because i had sprite once, and i thought i would die when i was exposed to lots of pollen. In general soda could play a roll, we all knows there is nothing good in ciggs and soda's only filled with fillers. not telling ya'll to stop if you do those things just to be aware of in the back of your minds.

Take care of your selfs, and have a good day!
Kratom user since 2014!
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by Oletimer »

I use to be sensitive to pollen,,not anymore, but the air purifier is excellent idea,,I have 3 in the house,,they say indoor air quality is worse than outdoors, I have allergies to mold, eyes water,throat hurts,,bought the purifiers and they really help,,but,, they say to keep your windows closed in pollen season, and use the purifier in your bedroom at night, kratom might help those allergies from turning into secondary infections, ,good luck, hope you feel better!
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by Payshince »

Hey Brave!

I hear ya here pollen season has always been a big problem for me too!

Where do you live, did you say mass? Or maybe you were just saying that pollen air flys in mass...?
(Anyway),

This has Not reached where I live in Southern New Hampshire... yet.

I take Zyrtec and Flonase every day and I do have allergies to dust, mold, pine trees, POLLEN, pet dander, etc.*

I started getting immunity shots for 70% Cat, 30% Dog. My brother got a cat and I love animals in general so I dont resent my brother. We both talked about it beforehand. Anyway, I was in pain for awhile but I did get an Air Purifier for my own bedroom and it does seem to help!
The OTC's I mentioned help a lot too daily and even sometimes I may not take the Flonase I still find lasting relief. I use Saline for my nose every once in awhile.

Taking showers, washing your face, once a day or even twice esp. before bed is very SMART to do. Why Suffer any more than you are, Right?

Smoking Does NOT Help At ALL. I used to smoke Cannabis but I no longer so I don't have to worry about that. I do Not smoke cigs... thank god. I have asthma anyway and I actually enjoy breathing, so... :lol:

Quercetin I've heard helps!

Um, lets see...

Good advice btw Brave this is good to mention esp. with it being almost mid-April !

Visine doesnt seem to do much for me.
I started using Rohto and that stings a little when using it for eye drops but it WORKS! My eyes are Red A Lot. From the Cat but the immunity shots have helped a lot as well so I just keep eye drops on me or nearby nbd and use them when needed 2-3x a day.

It is what it is.

Allergies SUCK. It can make us miserable, so the best thing to do is learn helpful and healthy hints to avoid and relieve any crappy and unbearable symptoms
!
Good
Luck
!
:P
- Payshince
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by BallzDeep9 »

brave777 wrote:Its the pollen season and for all the lovely kratomites here to be careful, stay inside more often until the pollination is over. Especially if you have any history in the past having trouble with pollen seasons. Keep your room clean, take showers and clean cloth before walking into room and keep your room air purified if you got a purifier.
Right there with ya man, I now get terrible Hay Fever about this time, every year... We are just now starting. I just ordered a new industrial strength Hepa Filter for my air purifier!! Ready to rock. You can get replacement filters on Amazon for these units & my old Hamilton Beach model, still works fantastic. Pic below of Hepa Filters.

Just finished a horrible 1-week Cold Bug, bronchitis, pneumonia, blowing huge chunks et cetera... It was miserable BUT each day, thanks to kratom! I felt OK during the day. I DRINK my kratom, mixed with liquid vitamins and also, Vitamin C as powder w/ rose hips, bioflavanoids good stuff. Within 30 min of drinking my Kratom Smoothie - nose dry's up!! And here comes that good, good, mood lifting euphoria and I'm feelin' fine all day. Nights were terrible, but I finally got over this Bug after 1-week. :twisted:

Image
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by e_poison »

I have horrible allergies this time of year too. Every spring they hit me like a truck. I take 2-3 25mg Benadryl every night before bed so I can sleep comfortably. But I have the same problems with itchy eyes, runny nose, and sore throat. Not to mention allergies are very draining and feel like they take away my energy. I tried Claritin briefly but it gave me a stomachache for some reason.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by beathappening »

Just wanted to say, taking vitamin c after you're already sick does nothing, and there's no evidence that it helps prevent cold/flu in the first place.

If taken regularly before you get sick, it may shorten your cold by a day. That's the extent of its benefits. When you take a big dose of vitamin c, your body eliminates it through urine, it doesn't absorb any extra.
User avatar
Liam
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by Liam »

I am an alert. I remember I had a similar problem, only worse. They managed to hospitalize in time. As my wife told me after this incident, she called into the house all the services that could. In the end, they found mold in the house and several other sources, including pollen, which caused my shock.

They called the service to clean the room and she bought this device here https://wisepick.org/best-air-purifier-for-mold/, so that the irritants did not appear in our house and I could live in peace.
Last edited by Liam on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Sick as a DOG + Pollen season + Advice

Post by brave777 »

Its good to know, it affects pretty much everyone, some really bad and some less worse. I don't putrefy my air in the room anymore. I got dust all over. Also took 4 days vacation from work and been on land planting everyday. By the end of the day, yes my eyes get red and itch but its not as bad, its bearable. I just experience some side effects from pollen when there is way to much of it and its peaked out. If its not much pollen i am fine, i might sneeze here and there but fine. When i sneeze none stop i know pollen in air is maxed out. Before when I use to smoke and and drink soda's and eat all junk food possible even fast food, i was dead meat, i literally had to purify my air in room and coudnt even leave the room, wiping every single corner of the room for dust, it was spotless clean. Sometimes when i garden my ex stop by and she smoke. She think she own me lol, but i see her very cool friend, and being experimental person i am, i take risks, so i smoked one ciggs from her. Hell broke lose, all day sneezing, eyes turning red. I dont understand how people even smoke this season. I get same reaction from soda's. I do have claratin. but i never use it, big pack expired probably since my allergy's are bearable.Thanks for sharing your stories, it proves not to mess with pollen seasons. And thank you for advice's, i might try few things out see if it improves better for my allergy.
Kratom user since 2014!
Post Reply