Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
-
aqtgirly4u
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm
- Location: Kansas City Metro
Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
Super excited to log on today and see the new board for Trading Post coming in May!!! Can't wait to see what everyone here has in their stash and looking forward to some trades with you all!
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
I've never been involved with stash trading before and have a couple of questions, 1. Is the trading forum a honor system kinda thing or monitored? And 2. Is only unopened kratom, in original receptacles or if not, how would you know someone won't send you something else?
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
Basically self monitor, according to Forum "points".. How long you've been here. How many posts? How many trades? Details worked out in PM between 2 parties.. Those with lower "points" must ship or pay FIRST.CatfatherB wrote:1. Is the trading forum a honor system kinda thing or monitored?
Once a trade is completed, Buyer (& Seller optional), posts Feedback. There should be a Flair or some point system, to see anyone's status - How many trades, etc. I'm not writing these rules or guidelines .. Just passing along how it's been done in the past on Reddit or MeWe Swap Sell. Not sure exactly how MM will set this up?
Someone.. needs to assign points or Flair, for every completed trade. Yes there IS some manual input needed, noting Feedback, (positive or negative), and giving points. And certainly, taking Action in the case of negatives.. We all hope there are no problems. But wherever humans are involved, it seems...
Should there be LIMIT on # of current Active trades? Green light, Red light? So 1 person can't get in too deep, especially n00bs lol
Seller posts item(s) up for Sale or Trade. Full description is given, No "reviews" but 1- Origin of kratom, US vendor source, and or Indo supplier if known. Batch Date or date purchased. 2- Condition of kratom, original Sealed bag? or not. Photo is always helpful!And 2. Is only unopened kratom, in original receptacles or if not, how would you know someone won't send you something else?
Obviously, original Sealed bags command a Premium price. Vintage kratom, commands a Premium price. Known TOP sources, of course, are worth.. whatever Buyer & Seller agree on. IMO much can be borrowed from Ebay.. there can be Best Offers.. there can be Auctions..
We're all excited, let's see how MM rolls this out.. There IS some time & labor involved, so lets support MM in whatever way possible.. I think this Trading Post on MM could draw huge interest!! Possibly lots of NEW members joining up.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
This is a legitimate concern, theoretically someone could pass off crappy/adulterated leaf by putting it in a different bag from another vendor. That would be super shitty but caveat emptor I guess.CatfatherB wrote: how would you know someone won't send you something else?
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
That would be my MAIN concern, there's so much bunk going around, there would have to be a really good system in place for one to consider entering a transaction like this?beathappening wrote:This is a legitimate concern, theoretically someone could pass off crappy/adulterated leaf by putting it in a different bag from another vendor. That would be super shitty but caveat emptor I guess.CatfatherB wrote: how would you know someone won't send you something else?
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
What type of system can be put into place for something like that realistically tho?? Unfortunately, it seems to me that at very least the first transaction btw any 2 ppl would be a risk and based off of mutual agreements, personal judgement of character, and most likely a good amount of blind trust really. There is no way that I can think of that would allow for any type of inspection or quality control of an individual's stash.... Me personally would most likely not do transactions with just random people that I have never even had a conversation with before, but who knows the right deal could maybe change that lol!!! I would say that everyone really just has to decide how much risk you're willing to assume, and what the best method for assessing such risk would be. And then, if you decide to deal with someone and it seems obvious something shady went on or what that's where negative feedback comes in and hopefully that person gets weeded out ASAP. IDK just my couple o' pennies....CatfatherB wrote:That would be my MAIN concern, there's so much bunk going around, there would have to be a really good system in place for one to consider entering a transaction like this?beathappening wrote:This is a legitimate concern, theoretically someone could pass off crappy/adulterated leaf by putting it in a different bag from another vendor. That would be super shitty but caveat emptor I guess.CatfatherB wrote: how would you know someone won't send you something else?
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
We do have some systems we’ll announce before the board opens.
As for people switching strains and other shady things like that, that’s pretty much a risk of any online trading group like swapsell and mewe.
Some things I can tell you for sure is the trading board will be private and by invite only. It will be heavily moderated, and we will have a zero tolerance policy for any scammers or dishonest people.
The rest of the details such as how flair will be handled are being worked on. We will probably also take on a couple volunteers to moderate the board and track flair. These will be elected. Anyone who wants the position will be put into a poll and the community will vote.
We will let everyone know how to apply for both trade moderator status and membership when the time comes.
As for people switching strains and other shady things like that, that’s pretty much a risk of any online trading group like swapsell and mewe.
Some things I can tell you for sure is the trading board will be private and by invite only. It will be heavily moderated, and we will have a zero tolerance policy for any scammers or dishonest people.
The rest of the details such as how flair will be handled are being worked on. We will probably also take on a couple volunteers to moderate the board and track flair. These will be elected. Anyone who wants the position will be put into a poll and the community will vote.
We will let everyone know how to apply for both trade moderator status and membership when the time comes.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
Right, same as ANY vendor .. ??Theoretically someone could pass off crappy/adulterated leaf by putting it in a different bag...
We JUST had 1 vendor, pull a complete switcheroo... Dozens of people got bunk with "Same Name" as before. And... guess what. People still want to buy from that vendor? Oh we're waiting on a Re-stock. lol
Also... the "Standard" for kratom trading on Swap Sell... is Ziploc Bags. Marked with a sharpie. Yep... same type plain bags, used by DG Botanicals, but nobody complains!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
A vendor with a business and website has a lot more at stake than some username on a message board. Vendors already have reviews and people who vouch and therefore a lot less likely to do shady shit. Clearly it isn't the same, not sure why that's so hilarious.
Yes it's possible someone could set up a website just to scam people but they wont last long. We all know what happened with mystic, the difference is that they were once legitimate and on the list, they didn't just start out serving up crap. If they had they wouldn't have the following they currently have. Those people that still buy apparently just don't care for whatever reason, brand loyalty? They're the exception, not the rule.
For people that do have discretion, they can seek an established vendor and pay attention to reviews...very different from a potential throwaway account on a free trade forum that takes very little effort and time to set up.
Yes it's possible someone could set up a website just to scam people but they wont last long. We all know what happened with mystic, the difference is that they were once legitimate and on the list, they didn't just start out serving up crap. If they had they wouldn't have the following they currently have. Those people that still buy apparently just don't care for whatever reason, brand loyalty? They're the exception, not the rule.
For people that do have discretion, they can seek an established vendor and pay attention to reviews...very different from a potential throwaway account on a free trade forum that takes very little effort and time to set up.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
Sounds like swap/sell just isn't for you maybe then. Cuz I gotta agree with Ballz on this one anyone including any vendor could pull a switcheroo as he States we know a big-time.vendor did in recent past. If you can't get past whether or not to trade/trust someone then probably shouldn't proceed with a transaction.beathappening wrote:A vendor with a business and website has a lot more at stake than some username on a message board. Vendors already have reviews and people who vouch and therefore a lot less likely to do shady shit. Clearly it isn't the same, not sure why that's so hilarious.
Yes it's possible someone could set up a website just to scam people but they wont last long. We all know what happened with mystic, the difference is that they were once legitimate and on the list, they didn't just start out serving up crap. If they had they wouldn't have the following they currently have. Those people that still buy apparently just don't care for whatever reason, brand loyalty? They're the exception, not the rule.
For people that do have discretion, they can seek an established vendor and pay attention to reviews...very different from a potential throwaway account on a free trade forum that takes very little effort and time to set up.
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
I always looked at swapping on reddit, as just about anything in life... I expect someone to scam me and if it doesn't happen, well then that's good. However, if it does happen, then I'm never shocked. I know that's a self-defeatist attitude, but seriously, the kratom community from 2015 is pretty much gone. I used to talk with a lot of cool people. We could talk about family, swap goods with 99% certainty that you wouldn't get scammed (I never did), and your posts didn't get trolled or insulted. Now, here we are, kratom's popularity has taken off, the 2015 people have almost all but disappeared, and we have people that love to shoot from the lip, scam you at the drop of a hat, and repeatedly ask questions of, "Who has the most euphoric leaf?" and "What can I use to potentiate?" There have also been good vendors in the past that went rogue.
It's the nature of the beast now. You have to expect it. If you don't, you're going to be in for a world of hurt. I was a moderator for r/Mitragenerosity. I, and another person, hosted a sub that matched donors with people in need. I vetted people that claimed they needed kratom for a variety of reasons. The amount of scammers that came into that sub was unreal. I would say a conservative estimate of one out of four people tried to scam someone. We had to put rules in place subsequently to try to tighten down the scamming. You have to do your due diligence. If you don't feel like putting in the effort to check your sources, and you get scammed.... well, that's all I'm saying.
I offered to help, but it's not needed now, however, I will be watching intermittently and if I see douchebaggery, I'll let e_poison know. I have a long memory and I love busting scammers.
It's the nature of the beast now. You have to expect it. If you don't, you're going to be in for a world of hurt. I was a moderator for r/Mitragenerosity. I, and another person, hosted a sub that matched donors with people in need. I vetted people that claimed they needed kratom for a variety of reasons. The amount of scammers that came into that sub was unreal. I would say a conservative estimate of one out of four people tried to scam someone. We had to put rules in place subsequently to try to tighten down the scamming. You have to do your due diligence. If you don't feel like putting in the effort to check your sources, and you get scammed.... well, that's all I'm saying.
I offered to help, but it's not needed now, however, I will be watching intermittently and if I see douchebaggery, I'll let e_poison know. I have a long memory and I love busting scammers.
- ScottyK
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
- Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
This should be cool as long as the site ops are ready to drop the ban-hammer on a regular basis. They will have to track IPs so banned people can’t come right back with a new user account. It can be done.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
And IPs can be banned as well.ScottyK wrote:This should be cool as long as the site ops are ready to drop the ban-hammer on a regular basis. They will have to track IPs so banned people can’t come right back with a new user account. It can be done.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
No doubt about it. These are just observations. There just isn't enough oversight to make it worth it for me. Another thing is, what if the leaf you traded for doesn't work for you? You won't even know if you got scammed, or if your body chemistry just didn't fit. I foresee a lot of unhappy people pointing fingers.acejestyr15 wrote: Sounds like swap/sell just isn't for you maybe then.
Are you talking about mystic island? Because if so, the word was out immediately that that leaf was garbage, and people still continue to buy. They really have no excuse.
A vendor risking it all like that is, while possible, much more rare than say, some asshole behind a proxy.
Sorry for being such a negative nancy
- ScottyK
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
- Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
I would implement a "3 strikes" rule as far as bad feedback or leaf. 1 strike wouldn't be fair because of reasons you listed.beathappening wrote:No doubt about it. These are just observations. There just isn't enough oversight to make it worth it for me. Another thing is, what if the leaf you traded for doesn't work for you? You won't even know if you got scammed, or if your body chemistry just didn't fit. I foresee a lot of unhappy people pointing fingers.acejestyr15 wrote: Sounds like swap/sell just isn't for you maybe then.
Are you talking about mystic island? Because if so, the word was out immediately that that leaf was garbage, and people still continue to buy. They really have no excuse.
A vendor risking it all like that is, while possible, much more rare than say, some asshole behind a proxy.
Sorry for being such a negative nancy
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
I didn't literally mean 1 times.and you're out I'm sorry if that's how it read ... I just meant hopefully it's caught and or dealt with sooner than later. But yes, 3 strikes sounds fair all around to me!!!ScottyK wrote:I would implement a "3 strikes" rule as far as bad feedback or leaf. 1 strike wouldn't be fair because of reasons you listed.beathappening wrote:No doubt about it. These are just observations. There just isn't enough oversight to make it worth it for me. Another thing is, what if the leaf you traded for doesn't work for you? You won't even know if you got scammed, or if your body chemistry just didn't fit. I foresee a lot of unhappy people pointing fingers.acejestyr15 wrote: Sounds like swap/sell just isn't for you maybe then.
Are you talking about mystic island? Because if so, the word was out immediately that that leaf was garbage, and people still continue to buy. They really have no excuse.
A vendor risking it all like that is, while possible, much more rare than say, some asshole behind a proxy.
Sorry for being such a negative nancy
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Trading Post!!! YAAAA!!!
If anyone is interested in helping to moderate the trading post, please check this out - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2224