mixng yellows with?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

i have a few yellow's laying about and wondered what's good (general question) to mix it with? reds or greens?
Kaidensmom
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by Kaidensmom »

Either one works. Some people particularly enjoy mixing yellows with whites. I prefer mixing them with reds. It really depends on what you have to work with, and what effects you're looking for
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by herbalhippie »

I would do reds myself but apparently I personally have not good luck mixing yellows with greens, it makes me anxious.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by beathappening »

I have a white/yellow/green mix premade that I take in the morning sometimes. In the afternoon/evening I'll treat the yellow like a white and blend it 1 part yellow 4 parts red, just so the red isn't too sedating. Sosa's yellow md is pretty fast so it evens reds out well.

What sort of yellows do you have?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by herbalhippie »

beathappening wrote:I have a white/yellow/green mix premade that I take in the morning sometimes. In the afternoon/evening I'll treat the yellow like a white and blend it 1 part yellow 4 parts red, just so the red isn't too sedating. Sosa's yellow md is pretty fast so it evens reds out well.

What sort of yellows do you have?
eta: beathappening, I wasn't sure if you were asking me or the OP. Sorry if you weren't addressing me.


Me? oh my gosh, lemme see here....*goes to get inventory sheets

RVA Yellow Banjar #020918 (when the hell did I get this? I don't even remember buying it lol)

Socal Yellow Elephant (probably a late 2017/early 2018 purchase)

RVA Yellow Indo #100417 (first batch)

Greg's Botanicals Yellows Vietnam, Jawi, Sunda and Elephant (late 2017 I think)

RVA Yellow Indo #120717 (second batch)

Botanical Bunny Yellow Bent (early 2018)

RVA Yellow Malay #13018

RVA Yellow Jongkong #22418

Garuda Wild Yellow (early 2018)

Li Herbals Yellow Borneo (won in a contest, not sure of date)

RVA Yellow Maeng Da #10217

BigBang Accidental Yellow Ketapang (lol)

Canopy Yellow Ketapang (no date)

Socal Yellow Sunda (noo date 2018 some time)

and that looks like about it :D
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by swablero »

From what I understand jungle legend has it that yellows are usually blends of red, white, and sometimes green leaf, Tthere is also a variety of yellows that are a single leaf type deliberately dried unevenly so that there is a mix of leaves with different characteristics. Kind of like a natural blend.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by herbalhippie »

swablero wrote:From what I understand jungle legend has it that yellows are usually blends of red, white, and sometimes green leaf, Tthere is also a variety of yellows that are a single leaf type deliberately dried unevenly so that there is a mix of leaves with different characteristics. Kind of like a natural blend.
I thought yellows were supposed to be somewhere between a white and a green.

I've been neglecting my yellows for a long time, I need to get re-acquainted. :)
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by swablero »

herbalhippie wrote:
swablero wrote:From what I understand jungle legend has it that yellows are usually blends of red, white, and sometimes green leaf, Tthere is also a variety of yellows that are a single leaf type deliberately dried unevenly so that there is a mix of leaves with different characteristics. Kind of like a natural blend.
I thought yellows were supposed to be somewhere between a white and a green.

I've been neglecting my yellows for a long time, I need to get re-acquainted. :)
Hey HH how's it going,
Harry from KOG posted about those particular components of a yellow recently on this forum. The other bit about unevenly drying to make a blend I picked up from a Reddit post made by an Indo farmer a while ago. The guy was very credible with all kinds of revelations.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by herbalhippie »

Good morning swablero!

Thanks for the info!

In my list is a yellow ketapang from BigBang. The reason it's called 'accidental' is because Widi said it was a drying accident. I think it was meant to be a different color strain and ended up as a yellow. I don't believe he was going to market it, but he knew I liked yellows so he sent me some.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by swablero »

herbalhippie wrote:Good morning swablero!

Thanks for the info!

In my list is a yellow ketapang from BigBang. The reason it's called 'accidental' is because Widi said it was a drying accident. I think it was meant to be a different color strain and ended up as a yellow. I don't believe he was going to market it, but he knew I liked yellows so he sent me some.
That's interesting. You have a lot of yellows :lol: Ive always prefered blending my own but i have bought some KOG yellows recently. They are all over the spectrum and i usually end up blending them more. I guess I dont see the point of yellows. :lol: With a red or a green or a white its a bit easier to get something that suits you. With a yellow. essentially a premade blend, its a lot harder to figure out what your getting.
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

Kaidensmom wrote:Either one works. Some people particularly enjoy mixing yellows with whites. I prefer mixing them with reds. It really depends on what you have to work with, and what effects you're looking for
good to know. i've always been a bit leery of whites in general due their effects on (my) system, "jetters". ditto on the reds.

typically like a red with some well-being mood and not too sleepy. i.e., to get things done with a sense of well being for most of the day. sleep time, i like the heavy reds though not every nite.

i have had these yellows since last year and when i tried them alone, i wasn't getting into them much. more likely my system than the batches. so now i'm trying my hand at blending after being on the K train for about a year.

appreciate your insight
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

herbalhippie wrote:I would do reds myself but apparently I personally have not good luck mixing yellows with greens, it makes me anxious.
the yellows sort of made me a bit like that when taking them alone. probably why they have been in the plastic storage bin for about a year!. :-)

and that "anxious" feeling blows me out of the water, no fun at all. i'll go easy on the ratio if i try a green/white mix. first go round i'll try my hand with with some reds. thx
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

beathappening wrote:I have a white/yellow/green mix premade that I take in the morning sometimes. In the afternoon/evening I'll treat the yellow like a white and blend it 1 part yellow 4 parts red, just so the red isn't too sedating. Sosa's yellow md is pretty fast so it evens reds out well.

What sort of yellows do you have?
interesting morning blend.

that was my take on the yellow-as-a-white also. due to when i tried it as single strain last year it was a bit too much for me, the anxious/jittery thing. though i had only been trying K for a few months at that time.

that's what i want to accomplish with the yellow/red blending too is the "not too sedating" result. that's a good ratio 4:1 to start. i'll try that too.

yellows are:
yellow vietnam, sulawesi, june 2018
yellow elephant, greg's botanicals, apr 2018
yellow berpi, re-leaf(i think), jul 2018
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

swablero wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:
swablero wrote:From what I understand jungle legend has it that yellows are usually blends of red, white, and sometimes green leaf, Tthere is also a variety of yellows that are a single leaf type deliberately dried unevenly so that there is a mix of leaves with different characteristics. Kind of like a natural blend.
I thought yellows were supposed to be somewhere between a white and a green.

I've been neglecting my yellows for a long time, I need to get re-acquainted. :)
Hey HH how's it going,
Harry from KOG posted about those particular components of a yellow recently on this forum. The other bit about unevenly drying to make a blend I picked up from a Reddit post made by an Indo farmer a while ago. The guy was very credible with all kinds of revelations.
that's all very interesting. for my reading pleasure i'll check out Harry's post.
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

swablero wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:Good morning swablero!

Thanks for the info!

In my list is a yellow ketapang from BigBang. The reason it's called 'accidental' is because Widi said it was a drying accident. I think it was meant to be a different color strain and ended up as a yellow. I don't believe he was going to market it, but he knew I liked yellows so he sent me some.
That's interesting. You have a lot of yellows :lol: Ive always prefered blending my own but i have bought some KOG yellows recently. They are all over the spectrum and i usually end up blending them more. I guess I dont see the point of yellows. :lol: With a red or a green or a white its a bit easier to get something that suits you. With a yellow. essentially a premade blend, its a lot harder to figure out what your getting.
that's a good point for consideration.
User avatar
BlendsAreMyFriends
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 pm
Location: Downstate New York

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by BlendsAreMyFriends »

I usually blend greens with whites. Yellows are nice when I want a little less energy to blend with a fast green. Also when I want a little more energy with a sedating red I mix a nice yellow with it instead of a white.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by beathappening »

herbalhippie wrote:
beathappening wrote:I have a white/yellow/green mix premade that I take in the morning sometimes. In the afternoon/evening I'll treat the yellow like a white and blend it 1 part yellow 4 parts red, just so the red isn't too sedating. Sosa's yellow md is pretty fast so it evens reds out well.

What sort of yellows do you have?
eta: beathappening, I wasn't sure if you were asking me or the OP. Sorry if you weren't addressing me.


Me? oh my gosh, lemme see here....*goes to get inventory sheets

RVA Yellow Banjar #020918 (when the hell did I get this? I don't even remember buying it lol)

Socal Yellow Elephant (probably a late 2017/early 2018 purchase)

RVA Yellow Indo #100417 (first batch)

Greg's Botanicals Yellows Vietnam, Jawi, Sunda and Elephant (late 2017 I think)

RVA Yellow Indo #120717 (second batch)

Botanical Bunny Yellow Bent (early 2018)

RVA Yellow Malay #13018

RVA Yellow Jongkong #22418

Garuda Wild Yellow (early 2018)

Li Herbals Yellow Borneo (won in a contest, not sure of date)

RVA Yellow Maeng Da #10217

BigBang Accidental Yellow Ketapang (lol)

Canopy Yellow Ketapang (no date)

Socal Yellow Sunda (noo date 2018 some time)

and that looks like about it :D
That's ok, I wasn't but it's still cool to see that list, thats quite a collection! you should make a blend out of all of them and call it "yellow snow".
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by jabro70 »

I’ve got a pretty good selection of yellows that I love to blend with. Some of them provide an enjoyable burn on their own, but like most people, I primarily use yellows in blends. I usually mix them with a slow white or any red. I occasionally will mix them with green but I’ve found that it’s really easy to end up with a burn I absolutely hate with them. I remember a popular mix in early 2018 was RVA’s PMD and Yellow Indo. I read several posts of what an awesome burn it was. Well I had both strains and decided to give it a shot. Wow, what a mistake! Oh it had energy, but the mood I would rate a -10. Seemed to amplify my pain too. It left a pretty big impression on me and I stayed away from yellows for a while after that. I’ve had some success mixing yellows with a good slow green but it is definitely more hit and miss than with whites or reds.
Two of my favorite yellows to blend with lately are
Smiley’s Yellow Vietnam and Sosa’s Yellow MD. These are both from pretty recent batches. The Yellow Vietnam blends beautifully with most any red I have, and I haven’t had a bad blend with Sosa’s Yellow MD yet. The YMD is considerably faster though.
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by instantKARMA »

jabro70 wrote: Two of my favorite yellows to blend with lately are Smiley’s Yellow Vietnam and Sosa’s Yellow MD.
These are both from pretty recent batches. The Yellow Vietnam blends beautifully with most any red
I have, and I haven’t had a bad blend with Sosa’s Yellow MD yet. The YMD is considerably faster though.
Totally with you on Smiley's Yellow Vietnam. I've mentioned on another post that a blend of his
Yellow Vietnam and Red Bali (2g. each) are like magic for me. Every time I do that blend, I get the
exact same results! Of all my blends, that one is my favorite (so far.) I definitely will have to check out
Sosa's Yellow MD when I do my next Sosa order.
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by swablero »

instantKARMA wrote:
jabro70 wrote: Two of my favorite yellows to blend with lately are Smiley’s Yellow Vietnam and Sosa’s Yellow MD.
These are both from pretty recent batches. The Yellow Vietnam blends beautifully with most any red
I have, and I haven’t had a bad blend with Sosa’s Yellow MD yet. The YMD is considerably faster though.
Totally with you on Smiley's Yellow Vietnam. I've mentioned on another post that a blend of his
Yellow Vietnam and Red Bali (2g. each) are like magic for me. Every time I do that blend, I get the
exact same results! Of all my blends, that one is my favorite (so far.) I definitely will have to check out
Sosa's Yellow MD when I do my next Sosa order.
Is the Yellow vietnam a more energtic version of the Red Vietnam?
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by Payshince »

1.
SOSA’s Yellow MD is almost (too strong).
I felt :o

2.
Swableroony the Yellow Viet idk it could always depend if its faster or slower than the Red Viet........
I mean from what vendor, what supplier?
How were they dried and how long?
Etc

3.
I ordered the KOG Yellow Viet
Should arrive by Wed the 25th
Have yet to try Smileys Y-Viet



Yellows (when they work)
Hold a special place in my Heart.
~<3
- Payshince
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by swablero »

Payshince, sorry I thought we were talking about the Smiley Yellow Vietnam. Ive tried the red V and it was pretty nice (though not strong imo). Usally a yellow is faster than a red of the same strain in my experience. Its usually a red white (sometimes green) blend. KOG Yellow Viet is good though I'm not a yellow guy.

btw, good luck at the new job!
:D
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by Payshince »

Thank you!

I’m def going to need more Reds being at this job
My bodies sore in parts I’ve never felt b4
I feel beat up
And that was just one whole wk so far

Gonna need mood balanced strains so i dont get pissed off...
Pain Relief most importantly *
And speed / endurance!

Btw,

Yeah Yellows in my experience tend to be a bit comfy like a Red with a bit of Mood to them but of course it varies. It’s kind of like a “Mystery Blend”
Haha

Some name it Yellow even if its not a Yellow (deep down) due to its color result.

Some blend a Green or a White together some blend a Red and a White together..

It is def kind of confusing !

:shock: :?
- Payshince
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by swablero »

Payshince wrote:Thank you!

I’m def going to need more Reds being at this job
My bodies sore in parts I’ve never felt b4
I feel beat up
And that was just one whole wk so far

Gonna need mood balanced strains so i dont get pissed off...
Pain Relief most importantly *
And speed / endurance!

Btw,

Yeah Yellows in my experience tend to be a bit comfy like a Red with a bit of Mood to them but of course it varies. It’s kind of like a “Mystery Blend”
Haha

Some name it Yellow even if its not a Yellow (deep down) due to its color result.

Some blend a Green or a White together some blend a Red and a White together..

It is def kind of confusing !

:shock: :?
Yeah your in a perfect place to evaluate analgesic quality. :lol: Reds and green both have their own beauty. For some reason the yellows in my inventory never move and I have some decent ones. I guess having a lot of good reds, white and greens I prefer to blend myself depending on what I want. Can the sum being greater than the parts? I sworn a few times not to order anymore yellows. I fighting off curiosity about the beloved ST y Vietnam as having had his R Vietnam I cant imagine the yellow being that much better. I'd rather cut the red with a fire green of my own choosing :lol:
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by instantKARMA »

swablero wrote:
instantKARMA wrote:
jabro70 wrote:
Is the Yellow vietnam a more energtic version of the Red Vietnam?

Both strains have an element of energy AND relaxation. Actually, thinking about
and explaining that concept is confusing as hell.

Smiley's Yellow Vietnam is slightly less energetic, but not by a lot. If one were to put it
on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most energetic, I'd put the Yellow Vietnam at....ohhh, maybe
a 4 whereas the Red Vietnam would come it at around a 5. For me at least, the Yellow Vietnam is also
slightly more euphoric and warm reminding me a little of Smiley's Green Malay (except the Green Malay
is a "knock-out punch"...definitely couch lock, definitely sedating. I use the Green Malay in some of sleep
blends but I reserve the Yellow Vietnam for late afternoon/early evening burns!)


Don't get me wrong though, the Yellow Vietnam also has a bit of energy!haha It's one of those odd
strains that kind of gives one the best of both worlds. I've burned it and went hiking and I've burned
it and taken in a movie.

The Red Vietnam is solidly middle of the road with a pleasant energy. It kind of levels out ones mood and
reminds me a little of slow green.

Well, now that we're both thoroughly confused, I hope that provides a little insight! :P
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by swablero »

instantKARMA wrote:
Well, now that we're both thoroughly confused, I hope that provides a little insight! :P
:lol: Yeah now Im totally confused! Assuming its the same farmer I thought the red since its not blended would be slower than the yellow. Of course they could be dried differently. I think I'm overthinking this, :oops: Anyway I decided to just get a sample of it. Smiley samples are a great deal. There is so much good leaf around I want ti be selective for my next split. If I had to put an order in tommorow I would get the PMD, Green Bota, Red Bali and Green Malay and with the Super White Bali, Green Monster and Yellow Viet on deck. :lol: Thanks for all your help, InstantKarma.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by Payshince »

:D :lol: 8-)


Great post btw!


Now, we need a Gold and or Pink thread!
:mrgreen:
- Payshince
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by instantKARMA »

swablero wrote:
instantKARMA wrote:
Well, now that we're both thoroughly confused, I hope that provides a little insight! :P
:lol: Yeah now Im totally confused! Assuming its the same farmer I thought the red since its not blended would be slower than the yellow. Of course they could be dried differently. I think I'm overthinking this, :oops: Anyway I decided to just get a sample of it. Smiley samples are a great deal. There is so much good leaf around I want ti be selective for my next split. If I had to put an order in tommorow I would get the PMD, Green Bota, Red Bali and Green Malay and with the Super White Bali, Green Monster and Yellow Viet on deck. :lol: Thanks for all your help, InstantKarma.
I haven't tried the Green Bota yet, but it's on my "must have" list! The rest on your list are really solid choices.
I have them all and they're very good! If you have the same success that I've had with 'em, you'll be a very
happy :D kratomite! :P
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by jabro70 »

swablero wrote: Is the Yellow vietnam a more energtic version of the Red Vietnam?
I would agree with IK on a lot of his description of the 2. I think they are very close to the same “speed”, and the Yellow has a little more euphoria to me. The biggest difference for me is in mood and analgesia. The Yellow has better mood lift for me while the Red has better pain relief. They are somewhat similar strains though. The Yellow also seems to be more potent to me and is more noticeable in blends.
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by instantKARMA »

jabro70 wrote:
swablero wrote: Is the Yellow vietnam a more energtic version of the Red Vietnam?
I would agree with IK on a lot of his description of the 2. I think they are very close to the same “speed”, and the Yellow has a little more euphoria to me. The biggest difference for me is in mood and analgesia. The Yellow has better mood lift for me while the Red has better pain relief. They are somewhat similar strains though. The Yellow also seems to be more potent to me and is more noticeable in blends.
Great insight there, jabro70! ! ! Your description neatly fills the void that was left on my take of the two strains! :)
It never ceases to amaze me how DoubleM members have the ability to compliment each other's posts!
......A lot of really insightful and intelligent people in the DoubleM community!
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

BlendsAreMyFriends wrote:I usually blend greens with whites. Yellows are nice when I want a little less energy to blend with a fast green. Also when I want a little more energy with a sedating red I mix a nice yellow with it instead of a white.
generally speaking, what's your ratio with the yellow to fast green & yellow to sedating red?

a bit subjective i know & depends on characteristics of each, but just for a starting place.
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by jabro70 »

3Gdd6R wrote:
BlendsAreMyFriends wrote:I usually blend greens with whites. Yellows are nice when I want a little less energy to blend with a fast green. Also when I want a little more energy with a sedating red I mix a nice yellow with it instead of a white.
generally speaking, what's your ratio with the yellow to fast green & yellow to sedating red?

a bit subjective i know & depends on characteristics of each, but just for a starting place.
I normally mix faster yellows with greens and slower ones with reds. I will usually mix 1:1 yellow and green (could change depending on what I’m looking for) and I’ll mix about 2:1 red to yellow. Again it all depends on what I’m looking for. Tonight I wanted a good pain-relieving but not too sleepy red burn. I blended 1 part Smiley’s Yellow Vietnam with 1 part Mystic Vampire (summer 2018 batch) and 1 part Liza’s Red Dayak. The result is fantastic and the sum is much better than any of the parts by themselves. Keep in mind though that some yellows can be super fast and some can be just as slow as your best knock-out red.
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

jabro70 wrote:I’ve got a pretty good selection of yellows that I love to blend with. Some of them provide an enjoyable burn on their own, but like most people, I primarily use yellows in blends. I usually mix them with a slow white or any red. I occasionally will mix them with green but I’ve found that it’s really easy to end up with a burn I absolutely hate with them. I remember a popular mix in early 2018 was RVA’s PMD and Yellow Indo. I read several posts of what an awesome burn it was. Well I had both strains and decided to give it a shot. Wow, what a mistake! Oh it had energy, but the mood I would rate a -10. Seemed to amplify my pain too. It left a pretty big impression on me and I stayed away from yellows for a while after that. I’ve had some success mixing yellows with a good slow green but it is definitely more hit and miss than with whites or reds.
Two of my favorite yellows to blend with lately are
Smiley’s Yellow Vietnam and Sosa’s Yellow MD. These are both from pretty recent batches. The Yellow Vietnam blends beautifully with most any red I have, and I haven’t had a bad blend with Sosa’s Yellow MD yet. The YMD is considerably faster though.

i'll be ordering from Smiley's soon. i'll get some yellow vietnam and check it out.
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

jabro70 wrote:
3Gdd6R wrote:
BlendsAreMyFriends wrote:I usually blend greens with whites. Yellows are nice when I want a little less energy to blend with a fast green. Also when I want a little more energy with a sedating red I mix a nice yellow with it instead of a white.
generally speaking, what's your ratio with the yellow to fast green & yellow to sedating red?

a bit subjective i know & depends on characteristics of each, but just for a starting place.
I normally mix faster yellows with greens and slower ones with reds. I will usually mix 1:1 yellow and green (could change depending on what I’m looking for) and I’ll mix about 2:1 red to yellow. Again it all depends on what I’m looking for. Tonight I wanted a good pain-relieving but not too sleepy red burn. I blended 1 part Smiley’s Yellow Vietnam with 1 part Mystic Vampire (summer 2018 batch) and 1 part Liza’s Red Dayak. The result is fantastic and the sum is much better than any of the parts by themselves. Keep in mind though that some yellows can be super fast and some can be just as slow as your best knock-out red.
i found that out regarding some yellows super fast. not something mood-wise i enjoyed. experiment & learn.

Smiley's yellow vietnam is on the orderlist now. appreciate the ratio info.
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by jabro70 »

I wanted to caveat my last post. 3Gdd6r had asked about the green and yellow ratio and the red and yellow ratio. While I do sometimes blend the “right” yellow with a green, I usually lean toward a white and yellow blend instead of the green and yellow. I guess I missed that he asked specifically about a “fast green” to yellow ratio. When I do blend greens and yellows, it’s normally not with a “fast green”. For me, a fast green and yellow blend can turn out pretty bad as far as mood is concerned. I don’t recall having it happen with a red and yellow blend and only rarely (and not nearly as pronounced) with a white and yellow blend. Again, this is very subjective and it may just be that I’m sensitive to that combination- others may love it.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by herbalhippie »

Yep. A yellow and the wrong green can end up a very bad mood indeed. :(
User avatar
DrFappingston
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by DrFappingston »

My go-to recently has been White Banjo and Yellow MD blended about 2:1 for a good middle of the day burn.

The White Banjo is great on it's own for energy, focus and a bit of euphoria, but paired with the YMD it retains the energy and euphoria well with the added benefit of the yellow's anxiolytic properties. It takes the edge off the white and is really a great blend for combating social anxiety.

Though I must say, the longer I've been taking kratom, the less I notice the intricacies in the different strains. It's all just kratom with their unique properties mildly accentuated. My last order I got 500g White Banjo, Red JongKong, Green JongKong and Yellow MD. I have very little white left, but the others look like they've barely been touched. I ordered from an Indo supplier that a friend of mine recommended to me, so unfortunately I'm not able to guarantee the same results from any US suppliers. That said, the White Banjo I got from SmileyTime was just as good a couple of months ago.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by CatfatherB »

DrFappingston wrote:My go-to recently has been White Banjo and Yellow MD blended about 2:1 for a good middle of the day burn.

The White Banjo is great on it's own for energy, focus and a bit of euphoria, but paired with the YMD it retains the energy and euphoria well with the added benefit of the yellow's anxiolytic properties. It takes the edge off the white and is really a great blend for combating social anxiety.

Though I must say, the longer I've been taking kratom, the less I notice the intricacies in the different strains. It's all just kratom with their unique properties mildly accentuated. My last order I got 500g White Banjo, Red JongKong, Green JongKong and Yellow MD. I have very little white left, but the others look like they've barely been touched. I ordered from an Indo supplier that a friend of mine recommended to me, so unfortunately I'm not able to guarantee the same results from any US suppliers. That said, the White Banjo I got from SmileyTime was just as good a couple of months ago.

I agree about the "strains" feeling the same, today I dosed red Borneo twice, this morning my burn was more energetic and this afternoon it was more chill, but the differences were negligable, it gave me what I needed for the time of day it was.
3Gdd6R
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by 3Gdd6R »

jabro70 wrote:I wanted to caveat my last post. 3Gdd6r had asked about the green and yellow ratio and the red and yellow ratio. While I do sometimes blend the “right” yellow with a green, I usually lean toward a white and yellow blend instead of the green and yellow. I guess I missed that he asked specifically about a “fast green” to yellow ratio. When I do blend greens and yellows, it’s normally not with a “fast green”. For me, a fast green and yellow blend can turn out pretty bad as far as mood is concerned. I don’t recall having it happen with a red and yellow blend and only rarely (and not nearly as pronounced) with a white and yellow blend. Again, this is very subjective and it may just be that I’m sensitive to that combination- others may love it.
good to know. i've never blended a white & yellow. but this thread got me interested in it. so i ordered some yellow vietnam & superwhite bali. i'm gonna try them out and see what mileage i get. those two supposedly are more on the mild side.

good information about the "yellow & fast green". i find if one is too fast it usually sits in the bin longer. though i'm starting to experiment and find a base that can take the fast down a bit, like a slow bentuangie or thereabouts.
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: mixng yellows with?

Post by Oletimer »

After reading this thread, I was thinking about doing same thing in the morning,super white bali,and yellow Vietnam, ,I have a feeling it might be just what I am looking for
Post Reply