Short temper / snapping at people

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Short temper / snapping at people

Post by SimonBcv »

Have you guys ever experienced this?
Sort of a "lack of patience" with others when using K
I noticed on the days when I take it, mostly a few hours after.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by CatfatherB »

I've noticed quite the opposite when on kratom, I could literally sit and listen to people argue politics without offering my opinion one way or another :lol:
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by acejestyr15 »

It happens sometimes.... Totally strain dependant. I have noticed it happens most with faster and jittery strains in particular especially yellows for me unless it's a reddish yellow.
User avatar
ScottyK
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
Location: Wilmington, N.C.

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by ScottyK »

It can be the strain and also the amount. I used to get the same way when I took too much bad stuff. Whites do it to me sometimes.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by Payshince »

FAST

Whites

Even greens

This used to happen to me (often) not too much but especially when doing Whites and or maybe a Blend... and using Caffeine!

Very stimulating obviously and I would just have little patience and intrusive thoughts
Id be like
Go fuck yourself to ppl (in my head)
It was weird hahahaha

Also slightly being a dick it can happen just dont take so MANY FAST strains aka veins and you should be OKAY.
Stay away from stronngg pure White veins!


It seldom happens to me nowadays..
- Payshince
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by KurtisCards »

faster strains definitely do this to me.

also when i dose, and i get no effect, i get grumpy like that to.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by Payshince »

I also get grumpy when I get no effect on a burn.

I put a lot of time and effort into it so there’s that!
- Payshince
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by brave777 »

Lol i had some flash backs, now i get to think most were whites or very fast onces. I am not mean in any way. I just say what i think and leave the person alone or walk away. But i reply very fast and let them be because i know where they heading with their words and i have zero tolerance for what to come out from some individuals in real life. I hate Religions subjects with a passion, especially if they have a personal savior and think they are saved. Its a fast way to fire me up to make someone think. I also hate politics, and flat earthers. If i dont walk away they will def get something flying their way if they are in my face. Also hate converters like mormons, jehovah witness and bible belt groups. I understand we all grow up in different backgrounds and see things differently, i only respect those who respect me. I dont care if you have complete opposite belief system, be it religious or political wise. I dont care what color you are or how old you are, i will respect you as long you dont push your personal truths on me. Your much welcome to share with me who your personal savior is and how you got saved, but if i am not interested and tell you that, please STOP and keep it to your self. Or it will be ignore list. Sorry just ranting.
Kratom user since 2014!
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by Oletimer »

Fast whites,,,,I have no patience for nonsense,,
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by GrannyJ62 »

I noticed that with white dayak recently when i do try new stuff i like to give it a couple trys alone and boy I didnt have a shut off with that one but I mixed with the green nanga and its all good.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by herbalhippie »

Sounds like what I experience mixing greens and yellows. :?
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by brave777 »

I think we all take more bullshitts from people while on kratom, but if someone be in my face and wont leave, and nag and nag, i tend to just blow up on them and say the way it is to find out wtf their problem is??!?/! I remember i use to work grocery store, and i had this customer he kept changing what he wanted and was just fking with me on purpose over 5 minutes, it reached to the point i wanted to knock him out or simply just walk away like i never saw them. Its really hard to piss someone on kratom but if you do, that person will think bad of you for a whole day. Whole day i wished him so many bad things and i was extremely angry. I dont know if all those things happened what i wished them, i hope not. But if it did, he deserved it for messing with me on purpose. Like Oletimer said, i also have almost no time for nonesense. Its very hard for someone to get on my black list of iqnore and some manage to make it, like some co workers. I think kratom also makes people very honest and willing to help everyone and anyone, i helped out soo many people for free. I do think kratom makes your true self come out. I remember i use to work for this guy and he wanted to try kratom, i gave him some and he revealed stuff, he showed himself how greedy he is without realizing he did that. Shortly i stopped working and helping them out. I can see how kratom will be bad for theifs, dishonest people.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by e_poison »

White strains make me feel great while taking, but as they wear off I definitely notice my patience very easy to wear out and I get upset or frustrated easily. I wouldn’t say I go as far as to snap at people, but I definitely understand it if you do. Not sure why this occurs with energetic strains. Would be interested to know if it also happens to you with caffeine like coffee or energy drinks. I honestly don’t think it’s the kratom itself, rather just a human response to stimulants of any kind.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by Oletimer »

Would be interested to know if it also happens to you with caffeine like coffee or energy drinks. I honestly don’t think it’s the kratom itself, rather just a human response to stimulants of any kind.^^^^^^^^^^ I agree poison, ,it's not the kratom itself, ,I drink tea all day,,,come to think about it, kratom actually helps keep me from blowing up, ,I tend to rationalize things,,talk out the issue,rather than explode,,if an issue comes up, I will think about it, then try to have a calm conversation about it,,when I am amped up,,I am too busy to deal with nonsense,,but after reflection, I can talk it out in a peaceful manner, we all get in those moods,,
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by KurtisCards »

brave777 wrote:Lol i had some flash backs, now i get to think most were whites or very fast onces. I am not mean in any way. I just say what i think and leave the person alone or walk away. But i reply very fast and let them be because i know where they heading with their words and i have zero tolerance for what to come out from some individuals in real life. I hate Religions subjects with a passion, especially if they have a personal savior and think they are saved. Its a fast way to fire me up to make someone think. I also hate politics, and flat earthers. If i dont walk away they will def get something flying their way if they are in my face. Also hate converters like mormons, jehovah witness and bible belt groups. I understand we all grow up in different backgrounds and see things differently, i only respect those who respect me. I dont care if you have complete opposite belief system, be it religious or political wise. I dont care what color you are or how old you are, i will respect you as long you dont push your personal truths on me. Your much welcome to share with me who your personal savior is and how you got saved, but if i am not interested and tell you that, please STOP and keep it to your self. Or it will be ignore list. Sorry just ranting.

omg this is me haha.

i live in kansas and its insanely religous here, and they are very pushy people. i work with a ton of people that are "republicans" and all i hear all day is, "damn liberals this and damn liberals that" guys who constantly talk about how abortion is wrong, racists, and just dumb people that only think their views are right. i just dont even argue because there is just no point.
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by trigger »

If you take anti-depressants, kratom can make you snappy
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by beathappening »

Kratom doesn't affect me like that. It's a mood elevator if anything. I'd be careful not to blame kratom for a short temper/snapping, some things just are the way they are. Kratom doesn't factor into everything, and I think far too often people misattribute different random things to it
Ourkratom
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by Ourkratom »

Everyone is different with the way Kratom effects their moods. But know that you are not alone, a lot of people do experience a "short in temper" or more easily annoyed.

I would suggest to change to a different Kratom and see if you are still having the same effects.
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by SimonBcv »

Yes, did a few tests and red strains are much better in that aspect.
DNA011001
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 am
Location: United States

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by DNA011001 »

SimonBcv wrote:Yes, did a few tests and red strains are much better in that aspect.
Same with me! I used to mix whites and greens, and I would be more likely to get emotional or lose my temper. However, reds seem to do the opposite for me. Reds, slow greens (by themselves in small amounts), and some white/red blends actually help me control my emotions and frustration. But, kratom isn’t alone in affecting that aspect of myself. Caffeine, supplements, and other things can make me have less patience. I think it depends on the person significantly. I am very prone to internalized emotional states and have trouble not saying exactly what I think. So, someone else may have a much longer fuse than I do, with or without kratom. It takes a lot of self control for me to remain pleasant in all circumstances. I am really thankful that I found some strains and blends that actually help me with this!
duffel
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by duffel »

WHO WANTS TO KNOW!!!!!! :)
duffel
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by duffel »

But, yes, I've experienced feeling that feeling of irritation and lack of patience. Not during the burn but after. And not always - just occasionally. I don't notice it now that I'm micro-dosing most of the time.
Shanell NumberOne
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by Shanell NumberOne »

I'd like to hear more on micro dosing!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by beathappening »

Shanell NumberOne wrote:I'd like to hear more on micro dosing!
That'd be a good off topic discussion, I'm interested...shrooms, lsd, or one of those research ones like 1p-lsd? I've only ever macrodosed those.
Shanell NumberOne
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by Shanell NumberOne »

Me as well. Be a great topic if anyone has any info they'd like to share.
User avatar
DrFappingston
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: Short temper / snapping at people

Post by DrFappingston »

I love whites, and fast strains in general as I'm usually fighting fatigue and depression, lack of sleep, etc... I don't have any issues with jitteriness or irritability normally.

I have only experienced this with one strain so far, and that was Mystic Island's White Borneo. I tried it maybe 3 times and found I had the same effect every time regardless of my mood prior to the burn.

I mentioned it to a friend of mine and he reported he also didn't have a good reaction to White Borneo from a different vendor. Hopefully that helps. From what I can tell it's pretty hit or miss and also very dependant on your personal body chemistry, as are most things kratom-related.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
Post Reply