Texture

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
TrueNameAmended
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am
Location: NEPA

Texture

Post by TrueNameAmended »

I would like people’s feedback on this, because I have several kilos worth of kratom on hand that does little to nothing for me. Kratom from a variety of different vendors. I have taken to mixing all the shit that doesn’t work for me into one giant batch just so I have jars to actually store my good stuff.

Anyway, when I receive new kratom, texture is an almost fool-proof indicator for me whether or not it will work well or go into my massive stash of “emergency taper supply.” Anything finely-ground will not work for me. This ranges from juuussstttt barely feel something, to full-blown withdrawal if it’s all I have on me while at work. Coarse, grainy texture is ALWAYS stronger. Wtf is going on here?

I actually discussed this with a well-known-to-this-forum vendor, and he said many actually prefer the opposite.

Please, any and all feedback welcome. Do most people actually get better results from the finely-ground stuff and I just have weird body chemistry?

Also, I would LOVE to be able to unload some of this stuff I’ve spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on that just does not work for me. Are we allowed to do that here? I can even sell some of it in its original packaging (opened of course) and tell you exactly what it is and who it came from.

I am beyond frustrated at this point with the amount of money I’ve wasted and why if it’s not gritty texture it doesn’t work for me.
g0ldl10n
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

Re: Texture

Post by g0ldl10n »

I am the complete opposite. If I receive Kratom that has a coarse grind, 9 times out of 10 it will go into my emergency stash because it does little to nothing for me. Also, color is another strong indicator if Kratom will work for me. This indicator isn't as fool proof as the grind, it's close, I would say about 80% of the time. If the color is brown, red or light brown/tan, this usually indicates I won't feel much of anything, or very little. So really, if the Kratom is very finely ground and green, those are the 2 indicators I immediately look for when receiving my orders to know if I'm going to like it.
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: Texture

Post by Pete2000 »

That's interesting. I haven't found there to be any correlation between texture/color and effects. Do you do tea, toss and wash?

The forum's owner is adding a Trading Post next month. I would recommend keeping everything you're planning to sell in the original packaging, and making a note of when it was purchased. You should get a better price that way.
TrueNameAmended
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am
Location: NEPA

Re: Texture

Post by TrueNameAmended »

g0ldl10n wrote:I am the complete opposite. If I receive Kratom that has a coarse grind, 9 times out of 10 it will go into my emergency stash because it does little to nothing for me. Also, color is another strong indicator if Kratom will work for me. This indicator isn't as fool proof as the grind, it's close, I would say about 80% of the time. If the color is brown, red or light brown/tan, this usually indicates I won't feel much of anything, or very little. So really, if the Kratom is very finely ground and green, those are the 2 indicators I immediately look for when receiving my orders to know if I'm going to like it.
This is what I was told is typical in an exchange with my current vendor. My one friend IRL who uses kratom daily has the same experience as me — fine = trash, grainy = quality. Ugh.

What’s weird is, it wasn’t always like this. I’ve been using kratom for about four years, and it’s only the last year or so that I’ve noticed this correlation. I assumed at first that almost everyone was just selling garbage kratom. But I’ve bought from so many different places at this point, it couldn’t possibly be that.
TrueNameAmended
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am
Location: NEPA

Re: Texture

Post by TrueNameAmended »

Pete2000 wrote:That's interesting. I haven't found there to be any correlation between texture/color and effects. Do you do tea, toss and wash?

The forum's owner is adding a Trading Post next month. I would recommend keeping everything you're planning to sell in the original packaging, and making a note of when it was purchased. You should get a better price that way.
I parachute it. Always have, except in the very beginning, when it was still an occasional thing, and buying capsules from the headshop wasn’t a complete waste of money.

I’m sort of glad, though, that I’m not just getting utter shit, and that maybe it can actually be valuable to someone else. Makes me feel slightly better about all the money I have sitting on the shelf in my bedroom. Lol.
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Texture

Post by Oletimer »

It's weirdest thing I've heard! I thought gritty meant sand included,,,have you tried changing how you prep your doses? Idk,,body chemistry?
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Texture

Post by Payshince »

I personally think you need to really reconsider.

My question is,

What strains and what vendors have you gotten off of?

Are these vendors complete nobodies and or off the radar?
Are these bags from sketchy smoke shops?

OR

Are they good vendors and strains but maybe your TOLERANCE is crap. When is the last time you used a scale?
Have you ever taken a T-break?

I used to think Gold veins and Red veins of all kinds of diff types of strains / names, were just not gonna take me very far.
I was wrong!
It isn't that simple.

Get a Scale. Read more and more and more every day to learn more about Kratom. Take a little extra and use some potentiators (safely) on those vein colors that just don't seem to work. Take a break too if you haven't! You Will most likely SEE A Difference!
Have you ever used Stem & Vein?
Hirsuta?

I hope i'm not coming off to strong here but it just bothers me when someone thinks 5+ vendors & 12+ strains are ALL crap. That doesn't make sense. I'm sorry but there's a diff problem here.

I listed a lot of factors up above that could most likely be a huge indicator in regards to why these multiple vendors and multiple strains Aren't "working".

This is me giving my advice.

Prove me wrong if otherwise!

I hope you find your answer. :)
- Payshince
TrueNameAmended
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am
Location: NEPA

Re: Texture

Post by TrueNameAmended »

Payshince wrote:I personally think you need to really reconsider.

My question is,

What strains and what vendors have you gotten off of?

Are these vendors complete nobodies and or off the radar?
Are these bags from sketchy smoke shops?

OR

Are they good vendors and strains but maybe your TOLERANCE is crap. When is the last time you used a scale?
Have you ever taken a T-break?

I used to think Gold veins and Red veins of all kinds of diff types of strains / names, were just not gonna take me very far.
I was wrong!
It isn't that simple.

Get a Scale. Read more and more and more every day to learn more about Kratom. Take a little extra and use some potentiators (safely) on those vein colors that just don't seem to work. Take a break too if you haven't! You Will most likely SEE A Difference!
Have you ever used Stem & Vein?
Hirsuta?

I hope i'm not coming off to strong here but it just bothers me when someone thinks 5+ vendors & 12+ strains are ALL crap. That doesn't make sense. I'm sorry but there's a diff problem here.

I listed a lot of factors up above that could most likely be a huge indicator in regards to why these multiple vendors and multiple strains Aren't "working".

This is me giving my advice.

Prove me wrong if otherwise!

I hope you find your answer. :)
So I’ve been using it for about four years. Daily for about three. I have not taken any break at all in about two years. My last break was about two weeks. I am strongly considering taking a couple days off work at the end or beginning of a week, and white-knuckling it with a subsequent couple week break. I take around 25 grams per day, but up until a few months ago I was even higher than that.

Vendor-wise, I mostly used EC Botanicals for the last few years. Lately I’ve been using Sosa, but I’ve used several others in between (Gaia, herbal salvation, Best Buy botanicals just recently), and also bought one particular brand from the local tobacco shop that was ALWAYS very good quality. Even that, I noticed the texture changed, and it no longer worked.

I really don’t know what else to do at this point besides putting myself through withdrawal and tolerance break. I don’t have the patience or discipline to taper. I’d rather get it over with. I’ve done both opioid/heroin and benzo withdrawal, so it’s not like this would be uncharted territory for me.
User avatar
gravystainonmyshirt
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Texture

Post by gravystainonmyshirt »

Might try tapering down before white knuckling. When i taper i drop a half gram or so from my doses, which results in about 1.5-2grams less per day. Then a week later drop another half gram from dose and so on. Eventually i went from 10gram doses down to 5g doses which im at right now. I intend to drop dose size again soon but going from 25g a day to 0 might be a bit harsh for you, drop down a bit before stopping at least.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Texture

Post by CatfatherB »

TrueNameAmended wrote:I would like people’s feedback on this, because I have several kilos worth of kratom on hand that does little to nothing for me. Kratom from a variety of different vendors. I have taken to mixing all the shit that doesn’t work for me into one giant batch just so I have jars to actually store my good stuff.

Anyway, when I receive new kratom, texture is an almost fool-proof indicator for me whether or not it will work well or go into my massive stash of “emergency taper supply.” Anything finely-ground will not work for me. This ranges from juuussstttt barely feel something, to full-blown withdrawal if it’s all I have on me while at work. Coarse, grainy texture is ALWAYS stronger. Wtf is going on here?

I actually discussed this with a well-known-to-this-forum vendor, and he said many actually prefer the opposite.

Please, any and all feedback welcome. Do most people actually get better results from the finely-ground stuff and I just have weird body chemistry?

Also, I would LOVE to be able to unload some of this stuff I’ve spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on that just does not work for me. Are we allowed to do that here? I can even sell some of it in its original packaging (opened of course) and tell you exactly what it is and who it came from.

I am beyond frustrated at this point with the amount of money I’ve wasted and why if it’s not gritty texture it doesn’t work for me.


I kinda had the same issue after dosing Sosa's string dried batches a while back, there was good kratom out there but those batches from Sosa were a better quality than the other stuff I had from winter?


After dosing those string batches everyday I couldn't get anything to hit from other kratom I'd usually take, but I figured out I can't just take the best everyday, it will wreck my tolerance, my fine grind finally works after switching up everyday.

I finally figured out with a high tolerance like mine 6-8 grams a dose, I have to sacrifice a few burns, the more time on the clock without dosing is the key, unfortunately. 8-)
Post Reply