Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
-
TupacShakur
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 6:31 pm
Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
I'm currently going through a rapid benzo+opiate reduction due to my old doc retiring and new one opposed to these meds. I realize that kratom if taken correctly and moderately can help a lot with the pain from the reduction.
Could anyone please PM with any advice on good strains or types proven to be good quality that are currently around?
Thank you!
Could anyone please PM with any advice on good strains or types proven to be good quality that are currently around?
Thank you!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Tupac!
Get on Reddit and PRINT OUT or Save, the From Opiates to Kratom : The Comprehensive Guide =LINK
That's a good Road Map if you follow the steps you're cool ... Good Luck Bro!

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... e_guide_i/
Get on Reddit and PRINT OUT or Save, the From Opiates to Kratom : The Comprehensive Guide =LINK
That's a good Road Map if you follow the steps you're cool ... Good Luck Bro!
https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... e_guide_i/
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
g0ldl10n
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
I'm not sure how affective Kratom will be for Benzo withdrawal, I'd imagine it would help in some way. Having said that, Benzo withdrawal is one of the most dangerous, which can certainly result in death. Not trying to scare you (you probably already know), but opiate withdrawal is one thing, Benzo is another. Stay safe and good luck.
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
It sure helped me with alcohol detox, also can be deadly. 2 things that can kill you, booze and benzos. The other thing that has been helping me, mainly with my appetite is another plant 
* javagurl62
-
LuLu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:50 am
- Location: Kansas
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Christ....A rapid detox is not safe for long term benzo usage. Your doctor should have never even suggested that. Let alone tapering you on both benzo and opioid at the same time! The benzo will be hard enough he shouldn’t be adding opioid on top of it.
As for opioids....Kratom works FABULOUS...if you keep to a strict 2-3 hour schedule you will barely even notice any withdrawals....You HAVE to keep in front of the withdrawals.
I’m with Ballz....follow the post that he told you to look into.
What worked for me.....might not work for you so I’m hesitant to giving advice.
Good luck....and you need to be proactive with your health. If you don’t feel comfortable with the new doctors “schedule” of fast taper....say something. It’s your health, your safety and your damn right to speak up to him regarding your body.
As for opioids....Kratom works FABULOUS...if you keep to a strict 2-3 hour schedule you will barely even notice any withdrawals....You HAVE to keep in front of the withdrawals.
I’m with Ballz....follow the post that he told you to look into.
What worked for me.....might not work for you so I’m hesitant to giving advice.
Good luck....and you need to be proactive with your health. If you don’t feel comfortable with the new doctors “schedule” of fast taper....say something. It’s your health, your safety and your damn right to speak up to him regarding your body.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Oh man! I hope your doctor is doing this safely!
I don't know about benzo withdrawal but kratom will help a lot with opiate withdrawal.
I would say just about any red strain. Liza's reds get good reviews.
https://lizasbestbotanicals.com/shop/
I haven't bought any reds for a couple months but other members here can point you in the right direction.
Best wishes!
I don't know about benzo withdrawal but kratom will help a lot with opiate withdrawal.
I would say just about any red strain. Liza's reds get good reviews.
https://lizasbestbotanicals.com/shop/
I haven't bought any reds for a couple months but other members here can point you in the right direction.
Best wishes!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Reds are the best for opiate wd. When I quit, reds are what I used. Also look into gold strains, bentuangies, and chocolate strains. they're usually even more relaxing, sedating and slow. Which is the closest you can get to an opiatelike feeling. As for the benzo wd, these are also probably the best bet. But kratom doesn't help the benzo wd nearly as much as it helps opiate wd, and you might want to look into other herbs for that. Ashwaganda maybe?
Just a couple quick ones off the top of my head that I like:
http://www.sosaspeciosa.com
https://herbal-rva.com/?s=Speciosa&post_type=product
Herbal RVA is a great first timer vendor. Both he and Sosa are very affordable, their checkout/payment process is a breeze, and they have a really good selection of all strains. Contact them, they're very helpful and will get you set up.
Just a couple quick ones off the top of my head that I like:
http://www.sosaspeciosa.com
https://herbal-rva.com/?s=Speciosa&post_type=product
Herbal RVA is a great first timer vendor. Both he and Sosa are very affordable, their checkout/payment process is a breeze, and they have a really good selection of all strains. Contact them, they're very helpful and will get you set up.
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
For a benzo withdrawal you might try taking phenibut for a bit then stopping phenibut after a bit. Might help, phenibut stimulates the GABA receptor, the same ones benzos stimulate. Or if you have gabapentin , but youll need a script for that, none for phenibut tho.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
gravystainonmyshirt wrote:For a benzo withdrawal you might try taking phenibut for a bit then stopping phenibut after a bit. Might help, phenibut stimulates the GABA receptor, the same ones benzos stimulate. Or if you have gabapentin , but youll need a script for that, none for phenibut tho.
I think baclofen would work too and a doctor might not be adverse to giving out a script for that. But you'd have to taper off that as well eventually.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271384/
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Benzo wd is beyond terrible, I've been there. And it can last weeks or even months. If you have even a modicum of an addictive personality, i would avoid phenibut. But he is right it would help. However it is just as bad or worse to come off of it after daily use over an extended period. I think you're better off toughing it out than have to go through the whole process again with a different drug.
Also agree that gabapentin (this is a well known "cure" by addicts trying to kick benzos) or muscle relaxers like baclofen, or possibly even cyclobenzaprine (flexeril), would be safer alternatives if you can acquire them. Just my two cents, from someone that's gone through withdrawal from both phenibut, and benzos multiple times.
Also agree that gabapentin (this is a well known "cure" by addicts trying to kick benzos) or muscle relaxers like baclofen, or possibly even cyclobenzaprine (flexeril), would be safer alternatives if you can acquire them. Just my two cents, from someone that's gone through withdrawal from both phenibut, and benzos multiple times.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
hrist....A rapid detox is not safe for long term benzo usage. Your doctor should have never even suggested that. Let alone tapering you on both benzo and opioid at the same time! The benzo will be hard enough he shouldn’t be adding opioid on top of it.
As for opioids....Kratom works FABULOUS...if you keep to a strict 2-3 hour schedule you will barely even notice any withdrawals....You HAVE to keep in front of the withdrawals.__________
Totally, ,kratom helps, stopping opiods,I had no symptoms at all,,I felt better! ,I just remember how good it felt to be painftee,benzos, ahh been on them about 30 yrs,,that's got to be slow, possibly switching to valium to taper easier,,there's a link with a manual, it tells you how to taper safely,,but I don't have to take them 3 times a day,,red bali,slow greens help my anxiety, other reds too,,I also agree with B,,phenibut, no,,I've never took it was going to in order to replace xanax,,but you take it like the benzos,daily,,once you want to stop the phenibut, you'll need the benzo again and go through a whole other hell of a withdrawal, better to taper, my dr is talking to me about it next visit
As for opioids....Kratom works FABULOUS...if you keep to a strict 2-3 hour schedule you will barely even notice any withdrawals....You HAVE to keep in front of the withdrawals.__________
Totally, ,kratom helps, stopping opiods,I had no symptoms at all,,I felt better! ,I just remember how good it felt to be painftee,benzos, ahh been on them about 30 yrs,,that's got to be slow, possibly switching to valium to taper easier,,there's a link with a manual, it tells you how to taper safely,,but I don't have to take them 3 times a day,,red bali,slow greens help my anxiety, other reds too,,I also agree with B,,phenibut, no,,I've never took it was going to in order to replace xanax,,but you take it like the benzos,daily,,once you want to stop the phenibut, you'll need the benzo again and go through a whole other hell of a withdrawal, better to taper, my dr is talking to me about it next visit
- swablero
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
- Location: NY
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Agree with all that's been said. Really helps with opioids. Benzo are more complicated. I know this first hand.
For Benzos the chill relaxing strains are useful to take away the rebound anxiety and depression and certain physical symptoms associated with benzo withdrawal. I can recommend some strains if you interested. Dont do a benzo withdrawal without tapering. Check out the Ashton manual on how to taper. https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htmA lot of indispensable advice. They recommend no more than 10% every 2 weeks. Sometimes switching to a benzo with a shorter half life is very useful. If you're doctor wont cooperate with the rate of the taper find another source for the benzo. Its out there but getting it from your doctor is best.
For Benzos the chill relaxing strains are useful to take away the rebound anxiety and depression and certain physical symptoms associated with benzo withdrawal. I can recommend some strains if you interested. Dont do a benzo withdrawal without tapering. Check out the Ashton manual on how to taper. https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htmA lot of indispensable advice. They recommend no more than 10% every 2 weeks. Sometimes switching to a benzo with a shorter half life is very useful. If you're doctor wont cooperate with the rate of the taper find another source for the benzo. Its out there but getting it from your doctor is best.
- ScottyK
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
- Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Just be careful using Kratom for opiate WD. i'm starting to develop a habit of getting high a few times a month knowing that there won't be any WD consequences the next day because of Kratom. A good green fixes me right up and I can pretend it never happened. It works TOO WELL! I fear that I could be come a functioning H addict with it. My brain has figured it out.
- swablero
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
- Location: NY
Re: Benzo+Opiate Withdrawal
Be careful @Scottyk Oh shit thats is not a good thing and not sustainable over time. Youll do damage to your self. Another sneaky rationalization trick. Our brains work against whats best for us.ScottyK wrote:Just be careful using Kratom for opiate WD. i'm starting to develop a habit of getting high a few times a month knowing that there won't be any WD consequences the next day because of Kratom. A good green fixes me right up and I can pretend it never happened. It works TOO WELL! I fear that I could be come a functioning H addict with it. My brain has figured it out.