Hiding kratom usage?
-
Bigblind
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
- Location: Texas
Hiding kratom usage?
Just curious how many of yall hide kratom from others or are most of us telling and educating others!
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
Hiding it is a drug addict tendency which is a behavior I left in the past somewhere. Everyone knows that I deal with and most have tried my best leaf.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I offer it to others as often as I can. I got two of my friends to start taking it semi-regularly. Others simply cannot bear the taste or don't care much for the effects and turn it down.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I'm completely open about my kratom use.
-
Brad frerichs
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 310
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm
- Location: Central Illinois
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I work for the village I live in and I’m very open about taking Kratom. Some like the idea, other don’t.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
im open about it to the people around me, dont tell my family about it, because there the type of people that think god and NA is the only way someone can be in "recovery" even though i have turned my life completely around, they would be like oh my god do you know how dangerous that is, the fda says this, and blah blah blah god is the only cure for your disease!
so yeah they dont need to know
so yeah they dont need to know
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I can't tolerate AA and NA and their systems. I refuse to accept that we should be absolved of responsibility of using because we're addicts and that addiction is a disease. It's not. It's a choice. Don't get me started on the higher power insanity.
-
Bigblind
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I really believe God gave kratom to us to use.
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
God yes. I started to tell my doctor and also, my shrink. The visual cues were decidedly NOT positive. Then they started to speak. I backtracked and said I didn't get the name right, said it was chamomile.Bigblind wrote:Just curious how many of yall hide kratom from others or are most of us telling and educating others!
I don't want to seem like I'm selling out, but I am sick. When I used to weigh more, doctors would blame everu symptom I had on weight. Due to my illness, I'm now rail thin and they actually look at my bloodwork for what it is. When I tried to mention kratom, they tried to pin my illness on it. That can't happen. I have a literal genetic disease and need treatment, even if the treatment I get is totally crappy.
Their opinions are shaped by the propaganda machine. If I disclosed much to my family, they would think similarly. If the only news you hear about kratom is a lie, why would I be believed? Years before I was sick, I was kind of a drunk. It was fun until I started to pass out in the subway station. They would think I'm on some kind of drug, rather than actually being destroyed by a disease no one has heard of.
I tell no one anything. Politically, I know I should, but I don't have the energy. I think I need to switch to faster reds or garnish my all red, painkilling diet with a sprinkle of green and white.
PS: I talked about my use of kratom on Facebook before I broke up with it. I will share my use of it with reasonable people. It's just the hysteria machine is on a media rotation cycle and I'm sick of every story saying kratom kills when the person who OD'd had an entire pharmacy in their toxicology report.
The Red Queen
-
Bigblind
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
Ya i get it people pass judgment on things they dont understand. Thats why I asked . I dont blame anybody for keeping it to their self .
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
Absolutely Not.
I use it daily and Advocate it profoundly daily to Family and Friends. I need to grab some Kratom T-shirts
OMG That reminds me!
I am going to go buy one now on the AKA site.
The ONLY exception I have where I do Not tell ppl is my Employers. They have no reason to need to know and I dont need them thinking falsely about it or me! Y’know?
I use it daily and Advocate it profoundly daily to Family and Friends. I need to grab some Kratom T-shirts
OMG That reminds me!
I am going to go buy one now on the AKA site.
The ONLY exception I have where I do Not tell ppl is my Employers. They have no reason to need to know and I dont need them thinking falsely about it or me! Y’know?
- Payshince
- labdog03
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I tell everyone I know about Kratom...tell them what it did for me (saved my life), and that because it REALLY does help people, the FDA/Big Pharma/most "Goberment" is against it...I tell them where to get truthful info about it if they want to learn more (other than what I tell them), and if THEY decide they want to try it, and ASK, I will guide them in proper use with GOOD leaf. After that, it's in their corner. Some like it some don't, some just don't care. But they DO see what it has done for me (those that know me anyway).
I'm a grown up old man. At my age, I'm gonna do what makes ME happy, and I could care less what others think. I don't have time to be trying to hide anything, nor do I feel the need. Now if it becomes illegal, that will be a different story, because I will NOT be stopping MY kratom use. NOPE, no how, no way. Just have to put me in jail if they come to my house and forcefully get in my private affairs. This gentle LEAF HELPS me, plain and simple.
I'm a grown up old man. At my age, I'm gonna do what makes ME happy, and I could care less what others think. I don't have time to be trying to hide anything, nor do I feel the need. Now if it becomes illegal, that will be a different story, because I will NOT be stopping MY kratom use. NOPE, no how, no way. Just have to put me in jail if they come to my house and forcefully get in my private affairs. This gentle LEAF HELPS me, plain and simple.
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I toss and wash right in front of my supervisor, I've been where I work for 10 years now, these people know me, they knew me....on drugs. They don't even bat an eye, if I ever get called for a drug test, they can't exactly say I've been hiding "drug use" from them.
A number of co-workers have seen it, tried it and still take it or quit cause...they like it TOO much,
A number of co-workers have seen it, tried it and still take it or quit cause...they like it TOO much,
-
®eddit®efugee
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
Not hide it necessarily. I don't have a problem taking it in public. I talk about it when I get to know people but I had one bad experience with someone at work who had a very large marijuana issue (yeah yeah, marijuana is not addictive. But you know there's people who center their whole life around it and get mentally addicted) and who I offered an ounce I happened to have in my bag because her weed use seemed to be negatively effecting her work. Anyway, she got home and texted me that she looked it up and wasn't taking that synthetic spice stuff.
Umm, what? Sent her several websites including r/kratom and she kept talking about how she read it was like some synthetic analogue or something. It was very confusing and disheartening for me. So now, I need a few conversations with someone because I just don't want to deal with stupid.
That being said, if I kind of know someone who seems like they or someone they know could use it, I have given away a lot of ounces and given them sites to read up on it themselves. The first kratom I tried was from an apothecary and kind of bunk. The first online order placed two days afterward from Indo elephant was definitely a good first step but I'm not sure I ever ordered again, or if so it was only one more order months later after I had tried several vendors. So when I give someone kratom it's because I don't want them to try a not-very-good batch and think that's what kratom is. And if I am giving someone something that didn't work for me, I tell them that, so if it doesn't work for them they know not to give up and possibly check out a few vendors I suggest.
Umm, what? Sent her several websites including r/kratom and she kept talking about how she read it was like some synthetic analogue or something. It was very confusing and disheartening for me. So now, I need a few conversations with someone because I just don't want to deal with stupid.
That being said, if I kind of know someone who seems like they or someone they know could use it, I have given away a lot of ounces and given them sites to read up on it themselves. The first kratom I tried was from an apothecary and kind of bunk. The first online order placed two days afterward from Indo elephant was definitely a good first step but I'm not sure I ever ordered again, or if so it was only one more order months later after I had tried several vendors. So when I give someone kratom it's because I don't want them to try a not-very-good batch and think that's what kratom is. And if I am giving someone something that didn't work for me, I tell them that, so if it doesn't work for them they know not to give up and possibly check out a few vendors I suggest.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
®eddit®efugee wrote:Not hide it necessarily. I don't have a problem taking it in public. I talk about it when I get to know people but I had one bad experience with someone at work who had a very large marijuana issue (yeah yeah, marijuana is not addictive. But you know there's people who center their whole life around it and get mentally addicted) and who I offered an ounce I happened to have in my bag because her weed use seemed to be negatively effecting her work. Anyway, she got home and texted me that she looked it up and wasn't taking that synthetic spice stuff.
Umm, what? Sent her several websites including r/kratom and she kept talking about how she read it was like some synthetic analogue or something. It was very confusing and disheartening for me. So now, I need a few conversations with someone because I just don't want to deal with stupid.
That being said, if I kind of know someone who seems like they or someone they know could use it, I have given away a lot of ounces and given them sites to read up on it themselves. The first kratom I tried was from an apothecary and kind of bunk. The first online order placed two days afterward from Indo elephant was definitely a good first step but I'm not sure I ever ordered again, or if so it was only one more order months later after I had tried several vendors. So when I give someone kratom it's because I don't want them to try a not-very-good batch and think that's what kratom is. And if I am giving someone something that didn't work for me, I tell them that, so if it doesn't work for them they know not to give up and possibly check out a few vendors I suggest.
People see me take it, they can see that it helps my stamina at work and ASK me about it, then I tell them about it, I tell them about it and how it has helped me, it's up to them if they want to take it, don't hold anything back, the good AND bad about kratom use but, I ALWAYS tell them it's not for everyone.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I don't hide it,,and I tell friends or family about it if they are suffering from pain,or stress,etc. I basically will tell them how it's benefitted me,,,,,just speak freely of why I chose natural remedies over pharmaceuticals, ,
-
Bigblind
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
Lapdog03 said exactly how i feel about it!
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
Very well said Labdog !!labdog03 wrote:I tell everyone I know about Kratom...tell them what it did for me (saved my life), and that because it REALLY does help people, the FDA/Big Pharma/most "Goberment" is against it...I tell them where to get truthful info about it if they want to learn more (other than what I tell them), and if THEY decide they want to try it, and ASK, I will guide them in proper use with GOOD leaf. After that, it's in their corner. Some like it some don't, some just don't care. But they DO see what it has done for me (those that know me anyway).
I'm a grown up old man. At my age, I'm gonna do what makes ME happy, and I could care less what others think. I don't have time to be trying to hide anything, nor do I feel the need. Now if it becomes illegal, that will be a different story, because I will NOT be stopping MY kratom use. NOPE, no how, no way. Just have to put me in jail if they come to my house and forcefully get in my private affairs. This gentle LEAF HELPS me, plain and simple.
I’m with you - at least halfway- but that’s the way I wish I could be all the time. I tell my family and friends about this wonderful botanical all the time - and they’ve seen first hand how Kratom has helped me and gave me my life back - but as for work, I just can’t do it. I can’t afford to lose my livelihood because someone with the power to terminate me might be ignorant and ill-informed by the FDA or the Media’s smear campaign.
My employer recently (couple years ago) started random drug testing twice a month- any day, any time. And I’ve discovered that my place of employment is overall pretty drug free - I think in those 2 years of testing, they’ve only had 2 people (out of almost 200 employees) fail a drug test. So even the common workers frown upon any drug use. I would imagine they would treat Kratom just like a drug and its use would be at the very least frowned upon- and possibly could be grounds for termination. Thankfully the tests they use don’t test for Kratom (yet). It really doesn’t matter if a substance is legal or not, they could choose to ban its use - citing liability for employees’ safety. I’ll have to cross that bridge if it ever comes to that, but I’m definitely not gonna point that bridge out to them right now.
Unless they’ve researched for themselves (“they” meaning my job’s Administration), probably the only things they’ve heard about Kratom are the negative news stories. With 2 kids in college and a fair-sized hill of debt, I can’t really afford to find out for myself how they feel about it. (But I sure wish I knew).
If Kratom is scheduled, I will keep using it - I’ve got enough stashed away to last me a good long time. I would probably confine its use to the privacy of my own home though. And I would just have to hope that Kratom stays off the random drug tests.
- labdog03
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
No Jabro70, you are correct...You cannot risk your job over Kratom...I did not mean it that way...I am able to tell my Boss, but MOST people would be taking too great of a risk telling their employer. Just not worth the risk. If I had a different job, where they did not KNOW me, I would keep it to myself as well. You just can't fight ignorance. I mean, look how LONG it took for other herbs to be just somewhat accepted.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
My boss has used it a few times for pain after over-exerting and my GM has seen me weighing it out.
-
instantKARMA
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 680
- Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I wish I'd have kept it secret! My daughters are constantly dropping by to bum leaf from me!
I probably give them more in a month than I use!
I probably give them more in a month than I use!
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Hiding kratom usage?
I don't hide it. When I was living with my mother before she passed away and before I started hard core on opies, I used it regularly in front of her. I'm off the opies about a month now and am enjoying kratom the way it should be enjoyed. I told the doctor I've been seeing about my arthritic left hip and he kind of got a blank look on his face. Lol! 
* javagurl62