Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by beathappening »

So I have plenty of spare time. I was reading methods on doing a water based extraction that results in a resin, and it doesn't seem terribly hard and could even be fun. Time consuming but more or less following a cooking recipe. Not sure about alcohol extraction methods.

Has anyone tried this? Is it worth it?
I think I'd want to make it 5x at the minimum. The guide online I read is for 3x, but you can do more if you use more water.
g0ldl10n
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by g0ldl10n »

I'd be very interested in this as well. I've got plenty of leaf I'd rather see made into extract, actually.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Oh man.... I started my Home Extract Project, like over a month ago. Thanks for the reminder.....

I've had a quart Mason Jar sitting in the fridge, full of kratom and Everclear .. gotta do Stage 2 (wring out & make Tincture) this weekend! I'll post here on my progress. :ugeek:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by KurtisCards »

i tried making a extract once, pretty sure i burned it and its useless.

tried it once and didnt notice anything.

started out with 50g and ended up with about 3.5 so im pretty sure i just burned it all away haha
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by beathappening »

BallzDeep9 wrote:Oh man.... I started my Home Extract Project, like over a month ago. Thanks for the reminder.....

I've had a quart Mason Jar sitting in the fridge, full of kratom and Everclear .. gotta do Stage 2 (wring out & make Tincture) this weekend! I'll post here on my progress. :ugeek:
Yeah please do. What kind of alcohol extraction are you doing? How strong is it supposed to be? Seems like alcohol would be more efficient than water.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

beathappening wrote:What kind of alcohol extraction are you doing? How strong is it supposed to be? Seems like alcohol would be more efficient than water.
There's TONS of recipe's on Reddit and around the internet... Search: Extract Tek on r/kratom.. I did a lot of work reviewing & putting together a recipe.. Got some helpful tips.. But I have zero experience! So I got no idea if its any good yet :lol: Yes I'm using Clear Springs 190 proof Grain Alcohol, (cheaper than Everclear), very clean.. I'd recommend to ignore the Tek's that recommend Isopropyl. I'm also not interested in Lab stuff like Toluene extraction, for pure alks.. I'll leave that for the Meth cooks :lol:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by GrannyJ62 »

I have made a tincture with Apple cider vinegar in a mason jar pretty much like balls said except for I just put it back in the cupboard for 6 weeks just shook it up and made sure the vinegar was above the kratom left it alone except for a check every once in a awhile Id give it a shake its pretty good I just use a dropper instead of a gram of tea its very comparable to Lizas tinture I bought.Its really good to have for if your on the go.I did it with The vinegar cause I dont like alcohol.I thought I got the ideal here but it must have been pn line..I just used a t shirt to strain.
®eddit®efugee
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by ®eddit®efugee »

I've tried twice that I can recall. Both times it just didn't work for me. How do people get those lovely dark crystals? I may just stick to trying to make a resin.
Feerndad
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by Feerndad »

®eddit®efugee wrote:I've tried twice that I can recall. Both times it just didn't work for me. How do people get those lovely dark crystals? I may just stick to trying to make a resin.
I've also screwed up somehow with my extraction. Made from good kratom but the end product was basically non-active.
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by trigger »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
beathappening wrote:What kind of alcohol extraction are you doing? How strong is it supposed to be? Seems like alcohol would be more efficient than water.
There's TONS of recipe's on Reddit and around the internet... Search: Extract Tek on r/kratom.. I did a lot of work reviewing & putting together a recipe.. Got some helpful tips.. But I have zero experience! So I got no idea if its any good yet :lol: Yes I'm using Clear Springs 190 proof Grain Alcohol, (cheaper than Everclear), very clean.. I'd recommend to ignore the Tek's that recommend Isopropyl. I'm also not interested in Lab stuff like Toluene extraction, for pure alks.. I'll leave that for the Meth cooks :lol:
I made some extracts with kratom that didn't do much for me last year by boiling a shitload of leaf in water for hours until it got thick and then straining it in cheesecloth and then boiling down the remaining liquid until it was thick again and then pouring it onto a pyrex and baking it until it was dried... then I used a paint scraper and a magic bullet to turn it into powder. It was a fucking mess and a half, but I ended up with a decent amount of "extract" that I used half a gram of in my normal dose for several months. I don't know if it actually worked or if I just thought it did.

I have some everclear that I am not using for anything else - should I use that next time? ACV?
Bigblind
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Has anyone tried making their own extract/concentrate?

Post by Bigblind »

Ive made it several times love it takes alot of leaf and time you cant get it too hot i just do water no alcohol.
Post Reply