Your anxiolytic recommendation?
-
Scaly Destiny
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 9:20 am
Your anxiolytic recommendation?
I need kratom for lots of problems. Pain, and then mood, then energy....I'm trying it for anything and everything, basically. I've tried a few places but haven't found a go-to vendor yet and mostly order small samples. Consistently have the best results with Reds, and the least with Whites. But all that's on the backburner right now while I deal with a new problem: anxiety.
I have that constant low level anxiety that doesn't keep you from doing anything, just keeps you from enjoying it. 24/7, no breaks from it, no spikes either. Insomnia is a problem too, so I'm always exhausted and on edge. It came on sudden and my usual non kratom stuff isn't doing jack for some weird reason. I need relief while I figure out what's thrown my brain chemistry out of whack. I've got 4 ST strains on the way, 3 reds I know will help and 1 yellow I know won't make it worse. But I'm eager to try any place and strain recommended. So what would y'all pick for chill? Euphoria sounds like a fantastic idea right now as well, but it was never something I looked for.
I assume whites are a bad idea right now. I love greens, especially that little energy/mood boost that gets you out the door, but what I already have either doesn't work or makes things worse. Are there any really great calming greens to try? Yellows so far might have helped a little, not sure. Fast reds seem to aggravate me as well. Because my body is being so finicky atm, I keep thinking blends would be a good idea, but I don't have a clue where to start. And what about dose? 3.5-4g is what I considered my sweet spot previously, but it doesn't work on this at all with anything. 2-2.5g of a slow red won't clear my head fully, but does at least let me relax enough to think about something other than how anxious I feel. Haven't tried anything over 4g for this. Also haven't messed with anything that says Enhanced yet.
I'd love to hear from others on what either calms you down, gets your mind off it, or maybe even just knocks you out cold. Thanks
I have that constant low level anxiety that doesn't keep you from doing anything, just keeps you from enjoying it. 24/7, no breaks from it, no spikes either. Insomnia is a problem too, so I'm always exhausted and on edge. It came on sudden and my usual non kratom stuff isn't doing jack for some weird reason. I need relief while I figure out what's thrown my brain chemistry out of whack. I've got 4 ST strains on the way, 3 reds I know will help and 1 yellow I know won't make it worse. But I'm eager to try any place and strain recommended. So what would y'all pick for chill? Euphoria sounds like a fantastic idea right now as well, but it was never something I looked for.
I assume whites are a bad idea right now. I love greens, especially that little energy/mood boost that gets you out the door, but what I already have either doesn't work or makes things worse. Are there any really great calming greens to try? Yellows so far might have helped a little, not sure. Fast reds seem to aggravate me as well. Because my body is being so finicky atm, I keep thinking blends would be a good idea, but I don't have a clue where to start. And what about dose? 3.5-4g is what I considered my sweet spot previously, but it doesn't work on this at all with anything. 2-2.5g of a slow red won't clear my head fully, but does at least let me relax enough to think about something other than how anxious I feel. Haven't tried anything over 4g for this. Also haven't messed with anything that says Enhanced yet.
I'd love to hear from others on what either calms you down, gets your mind off it, or maybe even just knocks you out cold. Thanks
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
my body chemistry (or tolerance) is all out of wack now, and most things either give me anxiety, or dont do much of anything.
but from what i hear, a good red indo, horn, bali, or bentuangie might be your best bet.
but from what i hear, a good red indo, horn, bali, or bentuangie might be your best bet.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
I like RVA's Royal Bentuangie for anxiety.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
If your sweet spot is 3-4 grams and you only take 2ish grams of red, you could try to up your dose of reds, smaller doses are more energetic than moderate-high doses? Just take it slow, so you don't get sick or the wobbles 
-
DNA011001
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 am
- Location: United States
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
I have had at least a few batches/strains of every color that were helpful for anxiety and not overstimulating. But since a lot lot can change between vendors or batches, it’s hard to find without reviews and trial and error. However the only kind of kratom that almost always helps are bentuangie. I have anxiety issues, but my main focus is avoiding the issues I have that anxiety leads to for me. I am prone to migraines, headaches, severe tension, etc and have to be extremely careful about my doses/burns not accelerating or provoking them. I can only do low doses and have to plan them. If I begin to get overstimulated, anxious, tense, etc most kratom that would normally be great can be super detrimental (also supplements, caffeine, some teas or foods). Bents are the only ones that I can take in that state and they have yet to increase anxiety or do any harm; they are actually the only things that really help the issue, for me. Normally, I can take most types of kratom, especially slow strains of all colors. I typically look at reviews or ask the vendor for which are least stimulating and slowest. I typically blend if I need something energetic like a little of a faster strain with something mellow. I can mix most things with a bent and be ok. If you want good blending ratios in general, there are threads where people post how to make a yellow or gold strain and try that. For me, I really had to experiment and study what people say about specific batches and vendors. Personally, I have had surprising luck with calming strains from both Liza’s Botanicals and Sosa Speciosa. But all the great vendors that are mentioned on double m have some slower strains and would be happy to help you decide what might be best for you!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
Beta Blockers? In particular... Propranalol. Its considered "off label" but many ppl take it for anxiety. Besides heavy duty Xanax.. a half dose of Propranalol may be your ticket. Did you know? Its known as the musicians underground drug - Better Playing Through ChemistryScaly Destiny wrote:I have that constant low level anxiety that doesn't keep you from doing anything, just keeps you from enjoying it ... It came on sudden and my usual non kratom stuff isn't doing jack for some weird reason.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
BallzDeep9 wrote:Beta Blockers? In particular... Propranalol. Its considered "off label" but many ppl take it for anxiety. Besides heavy duty Xanax.. a half dose of Propranalol may be your ticket. Did you know? Its known as the musicians underground drug - Better Playing Through ChemistryScaly Destiny wrote:I have that constant low level anxiety that doesn't keep you from doing anything, just keeps you from enjoying it ... It came on sudden and my usual non kratom stuff isn't doing jack for some weird reason.
Atenolol for anxiety is great too, asthmatics can't take propanolol. At least, this one can't.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
In particular... Propranalol. Its considered "off label" but many ppl take it for anxiety. ________ Anything that helps chronic anxiety is of interest to me, ,I'll Google that
Nevermind, ,I don't have angina, but I do have panic attacks in my sleep, ,whenever I am dreaming something like you'd see in a action thriller movie,,,,vivid dreams,,,I wake up with heart pounding, ,anxiety is more debilitating than pain,,the right mix of kratom throughout the day helps to sleep more sound,,,funny how the older I get the higher my anxiety grows,,lots of older folks are so chilled,,wth
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Your anxiolytic recommendation?
I take 20mg propranolol for anxiety. I used to take it three times a day but now I use it mainly for anxiety attacks/certain situations. It has a long 12 hour half life so it is good for anxiety maintenance as ballz pointed out.
I also take hydroxyzine (atarax) and that works better for me, good enough so I don't need to use prop that often. Between this and kratom, I'm covered. Different strains are helpful for anxiety, in my experience it doesn't correlate to the color...I've had whites that work as well as greens, yellows. Just have to test it out and see, trial and error.
I also take hydroxyzine (atarax) and that works better for me, good enough so I don't need to use prop that often. Between this and kratom, I'm covered. Different strains are helpful for anxiety, in my experience it doesn't correlate to the color...I've had whites that work as well as greens, yellows. Just have to test it out and see, trial and error.