Best mystic island strains right now

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
BigTipsTexas
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Best mystic island strains right now

Post by BigTipsTexas »

Hey y'all!

Been taking a kratom break for the past 3 months and just now looking to get back in the game. October 2018 I tried mystic island for the first time and was blown away by their red maeng da. It was without a doubt the best kratom I'd ever imbibed, but much to my chagrin a couple weeks later I purchased the exact same maeng da and it was the absolute worst kratom experience of my life! No real euphoria or classical positive effects, just a shitload of wobbles and brain fog. And this wasnt from a giant dose, just a couple grams. Talk about a rollercoaster of quality, anyways how strong is their stuff currently? Any top picks that I should try out?

Gonna order some samples first this time and see how it goes. And while we're at it, anybody had any recent experiences with canopy botanicals? They were my go-to vendor for a while but I noticed a drop in potency for their red hulu kapuas and maeng da earlier this year.

Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

I'm going to move your post over to general kratom discussion as this is not really a review.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by beathappening »

Don't waste your money. The consensus is their product is garbage these days. Just search mystic island in the search bar and look at all the recent reviews. People are literally giving it away. Others try in vain to get a refund. They barely have any strains now anyway.
BigTipsTexas
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by BigTipsTexas »

Okay thanks for the heads up. How's canopys quality these days?
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by WhiteAngelica »

I have older Mystic Vampire and the Big Red One from Nov. 2018, at least that's what the stamp says. Not sure if MI was still good then, but I'm selling it...
The Red Queen
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by beathappening »

I think when mystic completely went downhill was January-february 2019. I had some of his vamp and phatcracker and a few other blends from summer/fall 2018 and it was relatively decent.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

I've got a f***ton of Mystic from late spring of 2018. If you're interested, I'll make a post in the Trading Post.
Feerndad
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Feerndad »

I've had the red borneo and maengda within the last month and, while not earth shatteringly strong, both were above average I'd say.
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by trigger »

BigTipsTexas wrote:Okay thanks for the heads up. How's canopys quality these days?
Zero for two...

most popular vendors rn seem to be Smiley Time and Liza's and MitraMan. Botanical Bunny is good and so is Herbal RVA. Sacred Son gets praise, but I haven't tried yet. Kat's is solid. People like Soulistic, but his site is down atm. Look through the reviews section to find something people like.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Payshince »

herbalhippie wrote:I've got a f***ton of Mystic from late spring of 2018. If you're interested, I'll make a post in the Trading Post.
Herbalhippie YOU Doo??

:shock:
- Payshince
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

Payshince wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I've got a f***ton of Mystic from late spring of 2018. If you're interested, I'll make a post in the Trading Post.
Herbalhippie YOU Doo??

:shock:

YES! A metric f***ton
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Payshince »

I’ll take some please

(While I have the chance) b4 the vultures come
- Payshince
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

Payshince wrote:I’ll take some please

(While I have the chance) b4 the vultures come

Ok, I'll pull it all out and make a post.
User avatar
Haid3r
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Haid3r »

Oh my, if you have spring/summer 2018 my wallet is poised and ready.

I applied for the trading forum today, if I'm approved i'd love to chat about your stock. :)
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

Oh boy :lol:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

Haid3r wrote:Oh my, if you have spring/summer 2018 my wallet is poised and ready.

I applied for the trading forum today, if I'm approved i'd love to chat about your stock. :)
Looks like it might be from as late as October. All I know is, right around the time I bought it they had to evacuate because of a hurricane. I don't remember which hurricane. :shock:

It's good leaf tho!
User avatar
Haid3r
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Haid3r »

I bought big after the post-hurricane restock in Dec and got hosed. Bags of dust I might as well use to Spackle my house, hahaha.

The summer stock was so good for me, though. The Gandalf and RMD changed my life.
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Oletimer »

The last time I got any,,it was the phatcracker exchange, ,I have a bin with half filled 3$ bags,,,I tried some of the phatcracker again last week ,it was ok,,,I noticed that mystic always leaves a lot of green grit,,have to rinse my mouth real good ,,but other than that, ,their greens and whites were always decent,I liked the names actually, because it was crystals and gems,,mythology, ,,lol,,
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

I wouldn't buy from them for a long time, even though they were getting good reviews, because of the strain names.

Changed my mind. :lol:
Hamsamick
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:37 am

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Hamsamick »

I'm near the end of a 4 way spit from Mystic, my 2nd and final purchase from them. My ass has been dragging, I'm not nearly as horny as Kratom makes me, and my pain has been at an all time high.
It sucks, because the prices are good and shipping is fast. I'm so sick and tired of shopping for a good kratom vendor.
User avatar
ScottyK
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
Location: Wilmington, N.C.

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by ScottyK »

herbalhippie wrote:
Haid3r wrote:Oh my, if you have spring/summer 2018 my wallet is poised and ready.

I applied for the trading forum today, if I'm approved i'd love to chat about your stock. :)
Looks like it might be from as late as October. All I know is, right around the time I bought it they had to evacuate because of a hurricane. I don't remember which hurricane. :shock:

It's good leaf tho!
it all went downhill right after that. I live in the same town as Mystic. The Vampire from July and August was good but by October it was weak and I switched to their RMD. I had one killer batch of Bali from them in December but haven't tried them since.
User avatar
ScottyK
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
Location: Wilmington, N.C.

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by ScottyK »

herbalhippie wrote:I've got a f***ton of Mystic from late spring of 2018. If you're interested, I'll make a post in the Trading Post.
I'll take any RMD and Bali you got laying around.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

ScottyK wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I've got a f***ton of Mystic from late spring of 2018. If you're interested, I'll make a post in the Trading Post.
I'll take any RMD and Bali you got laying around.
I'm sorry I don't have either one of those.
:(
Jimi Brown 1212
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:57 am

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Jimi Brown 1212 »

I've been ordering green maeng da Emerald green Malay Super Green from Mystic for the last year and I have had no problems with it whatsoever I don't know what all this crap is people cutting down Mystic Island but I think they're full of s*** I order at least a kilo a week every week and it's all good
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by beathappening »

Jimi Brown 1212 wrote:I've been ordering green maeng da Emerald green Malay Super Green from Mystic for the last year and I have had no problems with it whatsoever I don't know what all this crap is people cutting down Mystic Island but I think they're full of s*** I order at least a kilo a week every week and it's all good
You're certainly in the minority. I've seen so many bad reviews on not only their leaf but their customer service and after the sale care, in the past six months. I've never seen such a clear consensus on a vendor. For every 20 bad reviews there's 1 good one I guess. I'm glad it works for you though.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Payshince »

Mystique a month ago was GREAT (7/10)

Amethyst 2 months ago was Awesome (8/10)

Werewolf 2 months ago was Awesome (8.5/10)
- Payshince
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by plumplump »

Jimi Brown 1212 wrote:I've been ordering green maeng da Emerald green Malay Super Green from Mystic for the last year and I have had no problems with it whatsoever I don't know what all this crap is people cutting down Mystic Island but I think they're full of s*** I order at least a kilo a week every week and it's all good
a kilo a week every week?
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by trigger »

plumplump wrote:
Jimi Brown 1212 wrote:I've been ordering green maeng da Emerald green Malay Super Green from Mystic for the last year and I have had no problems with it whatsoever I don't know what all this crap is people cutting down Mystic Island but I think they're full of s*** I order at least a kilo a week every week and it's all good
a kilo a week every week?
That’s a lot. You would have your own weight in kratom in less than 2 years. Are you making an art project?
plumplump
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by plumplump »

trigger wrote:
plumplump wrote:
Jimi Brown 1212 wrote:I've been ordering green maeng da Emerald green Malay Super Green from Mystic for the last year and I have had no problems with it whatsoever I don't know what all this crap is people cutting down Mystic Island but I think they're full of s*** I order at least a kilo a week every week and it's all good
a kilo a week every week?
That’s a lot. You would have your own weight in kratom in less than 2 years. Are you making an art project?
thats 143g a day more or less.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Payshince »

:shock: Ughh yeah thats a problem! :shock:

They didnt say just for (them) tho.
Could be for the Fam and or significant other. Even then for 2 or 3 ppl thats still an unnecessary amount of Kratom Powder.

Haha Art Project (trigger) pretty funny :lol:
- Payshince
User avatar
ScottyK
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
Location: Wilmington, N.C.

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by ScottyK »

I think we’re all waiting around for someone to take the plunge on the new stuff they have. They seem to be all stocked up now.
Kaidensmom
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Kaidensmom »

ScottyK wrote:I think we’re all waiting around for someone to take the plunge on the new stuff they have. They seem to be all stocked up now.

Over the past month I've gotten red bali, big red one, poseidons trident, vampire, unicorn, doppelganger, mystique, and... I feel like there were more, but nothing's coming to mind, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, haven't opened the vampire yet, because I still have some left from summer of last year, and big red one pretty much just knocked me out, but other than that, they've all been good. This last batch of unicorn was actually better than the last batch I got, which I believe was in February. The red bali and poseidons trident are two of my current favorites. I've been blending doppelganger with some yellow Thai that I bought last summer, and the effects have been incredibly helpful on shitty days when I have a lot to do and zero motivation. Mystique has also been very helpful, but I use that to calm my nerves on high anxiety days.

Overall, I'm not having any issues with any of their recent stock. I'm not a huge fan of the new block that makes you type in your age before you can access the menu, and their customer service is pretty hit and miss these days, but the product itself has not disappointed.
Jimi Brown 1212
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:57 am

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by Jimi Brown 1212 »

Yes im working on an art project its called your a moron !
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by BallzDeep9 »

plumplump wrote:thats 143g a day more or less.
wOw A kilo a week.. He's shittin' solid bricks. They can be dried, stacked and painted.. almost like Lego blocks? :shock:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
crystalcactus
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by crystalcactus »

Jimi Brown 1212 wrote:Yes im working on an art project its called your a moron !

This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George tries to make a comeback to an insult. Something like "the jerk store called, they're running out of you"

Either way sick burn
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by herbalhippie »

Jimi Brown 1212 wrote:Yes im working on an art project its called you're a moron !
Fixed that for you :D
fitmom30
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by fitmom30 »

Um none of them??? Jk I haven’t tried them in a while but the last time I did it was awful. Zero effect and looked like dirt. I tried them around the time they were getting stellar reviews but was not impressed at all.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Best mystic island strains right now

Post by mivanqua »

crystalcactus wrote:
Jimi Brown 1212 wrote:Yes im working on an art project its called your a moron !

This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George tries to make a comeback to an insult. Something like "the jerk store called, they're running out of you"

Either way sick burn
The moron store called and they're running out of art projects. (?) I don't know why everyone is cutting down art projects made out of kratom. They're full of sh** I make at least one art project every week out of kratom and their (sic) ALL good!
Post Reply