Kratom and Pain medication. Help
-
Rnb1987
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am
Kratom and Pain medication. Help
So if friend of mine just had surgery yesterday and he seems to be in a pretty good amount of pain. He has been taking oxycodone’s and apparently they are not touching his pain. I am planning to go and see him later on tonight and bring him some leaf to try. I know he is currently taking the meds every however many hours. My question is this if I go over there at 8 o’clock and he just took his pain meds an hour or so before will it be OK to give him some leaf? I know the obvious answer is to tell him to just not take his pills so that he’d be fresh when I get there but the reality is he probably isn’t and he probably doesn’t think that what I have will help him. I think it’ll probably be OK but I just wanted to get some others opinion.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Kratom and Pain medication. Help
I think he already posted here. Check a few posts down
-
Rnb1987
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am
Re: Kratom and Pain medication. Help
No that’s actually not the same person. I know that sometimes doctors will prescribe one medicine for chronic pain and they will prescribe another medicine for breakthrough pain and I just didn’t know if it was a good idea to take both. I’m just gonna tell him to try to lay off so he can give it a fair shot If that doesn’t work I’ll just mix them a dose up show him how much to take and leave it up to him to try it.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Kratom and Pain medication. Help
The oxy will completely overshadow the kratom. If you're on real opi's, you won't feel kratom.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom and Pain medication. Help
I take hydrocodone and kratom within an hour of each other sometimes and I feel both. But oxycodone is much stronger than hydrocodone, so I don't know about that.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Kratom and Pain medication. Help
Yeah if you're taking small doses of each you would feel them. But if you're taking oxy multiple times a day for days straight, your receptors are going to be desensitized to kratom and you probably won't notice it. Same with people jumping off methadone and subs, they can't feel the kratom for days after their last dose.
-
Klankalot
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:25 pm
Re: Kratom and Pain medication. Help
I would be careful about what you bring into a hospital. In case something unexpected happened
-
Rnb1987
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am
Re: Kratom and Pain medication. Help
He was already sent home so I just went to his house. They took a piece of his hamstring and repaired his ACL and then did some repairs on his meniscus. When I got there he said that he had not taken a oxycodone in three hours. I gave him about 4 g of Soultanic super md. 45 minutes later he said that it was the best that he had felt since waking up from surgery. He said that today he was going to try to only use crate them and not the oxycodone‘s to really get a feel for how it’s working. Thanks guys