CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
- GreenHippo
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:03 am
CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
Typed words have a way of either sounding passive or nefarious. Below I will use the term OD by its strict definition: taking anything deemed as medicine more than the recommended dosage. This and nothing more.
I was diagnosed with 4 chronic diseases, MS, Crohn's, Fibro and so on, about 3 years ago. At the time the Colorado Marijuana boom was insane, youtube was beginning to pay out mad $$$$ to people who basically video taped themselves "ODing" and then throwing up from a 5 gram dab challenge. I can see why youtube outright banned a few persons. Me personally, I only use THC for munchies, smoke half a bowl and munch out 30 minutes later.
5 months in from diagnosis: Doc: We need to setup a endo and colonoscopy.
The doc takes biopsies, he takes too much.
Diagnosis: Severe Neuropathy in the lower intestines, severe neuropathy spreading to legs.
Symptoms: lost ability to walk, lost all ability to eat or drink even water without having birth like pains.
I find a doctor that outright tells me "You will have to become use to living on pain killers, tells me to go to a pain clinic and ask for Percocet or Morphine. Sends a sheet with me that is titled Palliative Care.
Pain Clinic: We don't do that here. Our hands are tied. 2 replies to every question I asked.
Prescribed 5mg oxycodone Told "We give this to dying people"
2 years of fighting and they won't give you anything that works.
Wheelchair sitting in the bathroom for when I am in too much pain to move.
I'm in my late 20's
I've had 3 times I've been in so much agony I really deeply was ready to end it all.
Doctors give no ****'s quoting "War on Opiates!"
CBD = amazing, will advocate it forever.
THC= for munchies sure, but it does 0 for my pain. I don't understand these weedtubers saying pot works as well as morphine. It DOES NOT.
3 weeks ago I get handed some Sapphire Botanical Kratom.
Yesterday I ordered from _____ [can we source?] as headshop kratom is doing nothing.
Constipation will kill me [not a play on words] I am using Kratom to see if I can sustain any mobility without large side effects. I hydrate a LOT as ordered by my doctor 8-16 cups a day no less.
is 4 of the pill form enough for a red strain to work? I hate hate hate taking pills but the powder has a consistency that sticks to everything.
Current method: 4 in the AM then 2 every 2 hours, not feeling anything from red Bali. I took a total of 10 yesterday. The withdrawls from the oxy are still there as last night my muscles went against my body.
Nausea is a normal thing with me, though I'd like to prevent it as I will upchuck easily.
I was diagnosed with 4 chronic diseases, MS, Crohn's, Fibro and so on, about 3 years ago. At the time the Colorado Marijuana boom was insane, youtube was beginning to pay out mad $$$$ to people who basically video taped themselves "ODing" and then throwing up from a 5 gram dab challenge. I can see why youtube outright banned a few persons. Me personally, I only use THC for munchies, smoke half a bowl and munch out 30 minutes later.
5 months in from diagnosis: Doc: We need to setup a endo and colonoscopy.
The doc takes biopsies, he takes too much.
Diagnosis: Severe Neuropathy in the lower intestines, severe neuropathy spreading to legs.
Symptoms: lost ability to walk, lost all ability to eat or drink even water without having birth like pains.
I find a doctor that outright tells me "You will have to become use to living on pain killers, tells me to go to a pain clinic and ask for Percocet or Morphine. Sends a sheet with me that is titled Palliative Care.
Pain Clinic: We don't do that here. Our hands are tied. 2 replies to every question I asked.
Prescribed 5mg oxycodone Told "We give this to dying people"
2 years of fighting and they won't give you anything that works.
Wheelchair sitting in the bathroom for when I am in too much pain to move.
I'm in my late 20's
I've had 3 times I've been in so much agony I really deeply was ready to end it all.
Doctors give no ****'s quoting "War on Opiates!"
CBD = amazing, will advocate it forever.
THC= for munchies sure, but it does 0 for my pain. I don't understand these weedtubers saying pot works as well as morphine. It DOES NOT.
3 weeks ago I get handed some Sapphire Botanical Kratom.
Yesterday I ordered from _____ [can we source?] as headshop kratom is doing nothing.
Constipation will kill me [not a play on words] I am using Kratom to see if I can sustain any mobility without large side effects. I hydrate a LOT as ordered by my doctor 8-16 cups a day no less.
is 4 of the pill form enough for a red strain to work? I hate hate hate taking pills but the powder has a consistency that sticks to everything.
Current method: 4 in the AM then 2 every 2 hours, not feeling anything from red Bali. I took a total of 10 yesterday. The withdrawls from the oxy are still there as last night my muscles went against my body.
Nausea is a normal thing with me, though I'd like to prevent it as I will upchuck easily.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
Oh my gosh what a distressing story! I am so sorry for your situation!
Firstly, kratom is very constipating! I take Nature Made Magnesium Citrate softgels for it every day. 2 at lunchtime with my other supplements.
I'm not familiar with taking capsules. It depends on whether they're 1/2 or 1 gram each I guess. Do capsules even come in one gram size?
Maybe capsules would be better in your situation than the powder. I take small doses and just measure it out, drop it in a bit of hot water, whisk it up and add a bit of cold water and chug it down. Follow with a glass of water.
I'm sure a lot of other members will chime in here with advice for you!
Firstly, kratom is very constipating! I take Nature Made Magnesium Citrate softgels for it every day. 2 at lunchtime with my other supplements.
I'm not familiar with taking capsules. It depends on whether they're 1/2 or 1 gram each I guess. Do capsules even come in one gram size?
Maybe capsules would be better in your situation than the powder. I take small doses and just measure it out, drop it in a bit of hot water, whisk it up and add a bit of cold water and chug it down. Follow with a glass of water.
I'm sure a lot of other members will chime in here with advice for you!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
Yes you can source here, in fact it's encouraged
- GreenHippo
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:03 am
Re: CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
@HerbalHippie I've found that Crohn's is a malevolent blessing when it comes to constipating medications. I've been forced by doctors negligence to ween of of many a medication at home without any advice or assistance and from my experience it's not as bad as they want you to believe. I have Miralax on hand for those days that I don't have enough energy to proactively make my bowels work, though due to the Crohn's and Neuropathy I am very cautious on anything stimulating like Ducalax. Miralax adds water to your insides to help your body do it's thing, Ducalax just forces your body to purge. I am hoping that I can find a level ground and use Kratoms slightly negative effects as a positive and the constipation will be for me what a normal persons bathroom times are. Crohn's makes it very hard for your body to hold food.
The current ones I am taking today are 500mg per capsule so 2 should equal a gram. I've taken six so far. I'm very cautious with red strains because I was told they mimic the effects of opiods more than the rest, and I've dealt with respiratory depression before and its terrifying. I've found that pot makes me more aware of medication's side effects, or it could be the smoking helps the depression become more than it would have been. To anyone reading this, I'm also a card holder for medical pot, so it's legal for me.
How do you make it not clump up like cocoa?
@beathappening cool, the vendor I ordered from was Happy Hippo, also inspiration for my u/n as it was on the forfront of my mind. I am going to try the newbie 3oz sampler pack, 1 oz of white, 1 oz of red and 1oz of in-between. They have so many strains I'm exited to see what ones I'll be sent.
The current ones I am taking today are 500mg per capsule so 2 should equal a gram. I've taken six so far. I'm very cautious with red strains because I was told they mimic the effects of opiods more than the rest, and I've dealt with respiratory depression before and its terrifying. I've found that pot makes me more aware of medication's side effects, or it could be the smoking helps the depression become more than it would have been. To anyone reading this, I'm also a card holder for medical pot, so it's legal for me.
How do you make it not clump up like cocoa?
@beathappening cool, the vendor I ordered from was Happy Hippo, also inspiration for my u/n as it was on the forfront of my mind. I am going to try the newbie 3oz sampler pack, 1 oz of white, 1 oz of red and 1oz of in-between. They have so many strains I'm exited to see what ones I'll be sent.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
I've given my daughter's b/f kratom for Crohn's and it worked very well for his symptoms!GreenHippo wrote:
How do you make it not clump up like cocoa?
Stir or whisk it into a bit of very hot water and then add enough cold to not burn your mouth and drink it down. Kratom won't blend well in cool iquids at all but will in hot.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
I am sorry to hear about your horrible ordeal, ,for what it's worth, ,for pain relief, I have noticed and read that red borneo and red sumatra are more effective than bali, ,I remember reading too that borneos may not be quite as constipating as others,,there was also something I read that sumatra,,,has stronger pain relief alkaloids, ? Hope you the best!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
I just finished writing a Red Bubble topic, that could help you.. learn how to Prep your powder kratom by boiling water, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) then freezing... Next day you'll thaw and have kratom alkaloids, separated from any powder sludge.
I just drink the whole mess (I like mine Ice Cold!) BUT I have heard, people who just pour off the alkaloids and avoid drinking ANY of sludge at bottom of the glass... SO doing, you'll avoid most of the constipation. Kratom powder does add some "fiber" but turns your poo into rabbit pellets, etc, theres always a lot of poop discussion on kratom lol
Good Luck man!
P.S. Another method I've heard about is using a French Press, coffee maker to prep your kratom.. Same idea. They use a lot MORE powder, they are wasting some by tossing out the sludge.. BUT they get a pure alkaloid Tea that way, and avoid eating much of the sandy gritty black powder. Just an idea!
I just drink the whole mess (I like mine Ice Cold!) BUT I have heard, people who just pour off the alkaloids and avoid drinking ANY of sludge at bottom of the glass... SO doing, you'll avoid most of the constipation. Kratom powder does add some "fiber" but turns your poo into rabbit pellets, etc, theres always a lot of poop discussion on kratom lol
P.S. Another method I've heard about is using a French Press, coffee maker to prep your kratom.. Same idea. They use a lot MORE powder, they are wasting some by tossing out the sludge.. BUT they get a pure alkaloid Tea that way, and avoid eating much of the sandy gritty black powder. Just an idea!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
pray4peace4
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 446
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am
Re: CBD, Pot, now Kratom.
Wow, you really hit the jackpot in a negative way. I had Ulcerative colitis & partial paralysis of my intestines about 10 years ago. I know, in a small way, some of what you're going through. I've gone through 30 trips a day to the bathroom & severe abdominal pain especially after eating. My doctors were worthless. I got to where I hated eating. 2 things really helped. If you aren't taking Asacol, ask your doctor if you're a candidate. It's really expensive but it does help stop the ulcers from forming. The other thing, & it may not help you, is I went on a 100% milk only diet. Because it's a liquid it's a lot easier for your intestines to deal with & it has a lot of nutrients. I found kratom's constipation to be a godsend. It made it possible for me to have a normal BM for the first time in years.
I just read a new research article on a verified medical use for cannabis. Researchers have confirmed that a specific mixture of CBD & THC has therapeutic pain relief effect & is especially helpful for neurological problems associated with MS & ALS patients. While it didn't give the exact dosage used on subjects, it did specify that the oral dose was a 20:1 mix of CBD to THC, & the THC dosage that works the best is far below the dose most people take recreationally in weed. You may be able to experiment on your own with a mix & see if it helps.
I wish you well...
I just read a new research article on a verified medical use for cannabis. Researchers have confirmed that a specific mixture of CBD & THC has therapeutic pain relief effect & is especially helpful for neurological problems associated with MS & ALS patients. While it didn't give the exact dosage used on subjects, it did specify that the oral dose was a 20:1 mix of CBD to THC, & the THC dosage that works the best is far below the dose most people take recreationally in weed. You may be able to experiment on your own with a mix & see if it helps.
I wish you well...