Kratom for a child

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Cj3
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am

Kratom for a child

Post by Cj3 »

I was telling someone about all Kraom has done for me and how I quit using most of my prescription drugs. It made me think about all of the kids out there who are on med for ADHD, anxiety, depression, etc. Are there any reports of a child or teen using small amounts (.5 gram capsule maybe) in lieu of the pharmaceutical standard? And just so we’re clear, I’m not giving kratom to kids; I am just genuinely curious.
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Kratom for a child

Post by trigger »

No doubt a touchy subject, but I think I would rather give my kid kratom than adderal (aka. meth) if he had adhd.
®eddit®efugee
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Kratom for a child

Post by ®eddit®efugee »

I have some to my physical therapist for his 16 or 17 year old kid who has adhd. He was telling me how his grades in school went up so rapidly after they just gave him a loaded Starbucks card and reloaded it every month. I told him it had helped me a lot but it's hard to suggest for someone who's brain will still be maturing over the next few years. I think it's probably better than pot before one's brain has finished maturing. Maybe kratom is worse than caffeine but I'm hoping by not much.

Adderall helped me through a really emotional time in the short run but when I take it otherwise it fucks with my sleep too much and makes me a bit uncomfortable even though I'm largely calmer and feel more in control of my senses and my to do list.
Cj3
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am

Re: Kratom for a child

Post by Cj3 »

®eddit®efugee wrote:I have some to my physical therapist for his 16 or 17 year old kid who has adhd. He was telling me how his grades in school went up so rapidly after they just gave him a loaded Starbucks card and reloaded it every month.
This is the kind of story I was looking for. Did he say wether the leaf had an effect?
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Kratom for a child

Post by WhiteAngelica »

No. Do not give kratom to a child. I can already see the headlines on the news if something bad happens. We all here love this plant, but we know little to very little about it. We are adults. I would not dose my cat, nor would I advise dosing a child. We have no idea what a child's constitution can or cannot handle.

PS: I had, and have ADHD and take Adderall. It's not so bad; I managed to get a PhD despite the ADD...effectively controlled many of my symptoms
The Red Queen
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Kratom for a child

Post by trigger »

Adderall didn’t exist until I was out of college. I was prescribed Ritalin as a kid, but I refused to take it. Later in life to help me concentrate at work, I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me though. He offered Adderall, but I chose Ritalin. Worked like a charm - helped me concentrate, but then I was a robot zombie and would forget to eat. But kratom works much better for that - I wish I had discovered it sooner.

I’m actually afraid to take Adderall seeing how addictive it is for people I know who take it recreationally. It’s almost chemically identical to meth, so... yeah, I don’t think it’s good for kids. Especially with how much kids are being overdiagnosed with ADD and autism these days.

Drug companies invented “chemical imbalance” to sell more drugs. I bought into it my whole life and have been on and off a wide array of pills. They made me a different person. It was fucked up. Suicidal, seizures, migraines, and erratic behavior. Kratom has no side effects for me at all, and I have been pill free for over a year and never been better.

I do agree that you probably shouldn’t give kratom to a child. That could get your kids taken away. But in theory, like I said, I would rather give my kid kratom than whatever bullshit pharmaceutical street drug some pill pushing doctor assigns for his add or autism or depression or whatever if he goes through what I did in grade school and high school.
Post Reply