Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by pray4peace4 »

I've used kratom for about 3.5 years. That means that I rately experience any beneficial effects from kratom anymore, even though I keep my doses low - from 1 to 3 g. Last September was when the last dead spot started. It was total, meaning no strain had any effect on me. I broke out all the old memory lane bags of kratom that I have great memories of & none of them did anything either. So I started branching out to new vendors & getting samples. But nothing.

The first week of June I tried my historical favorite from RVA, PMD that I had stopped taking 2 months earlier. I got a glimmer from it. Next day I got a stronger glimmer. 3rd day I had a full blown kratom experience like it was my honeymoon. It's been doing that every day since. Why? Why does this happen? I can remember this same thing happened to me a year ago. That batch of PMD is one from 2 years ago. I've been working on it for about a year. It stopped working for about 8 months then all of a sudden it's fire again. Then the reds I have suddenly started working. Does anyone else experience this? What the heck is going on?
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by brave777 »

Rotation and blending is the key then a nice break, if no breaks all kratom will get to the point where it stops working, but if done correctly, which my belief is 6 grams in morning and 6 grams later that day, thats 12g total a day, you should pretty much feel it every single time say the kratom is good. Also in rotation. If possible skip a day, i haven't had any since 6am , just woke up and its 9pm, i feel great and still the light after glow, that means i am good, i dont need another dose, i maybe wait 3 more hours and then dose, i try to extend as long as possible if you are good or else you wont feel anything. Sometimes it can get to the point where you dont feel it and you even forget how you suppose to feel it anymore. That means a 100% break is needed, no ifs. You want to get your self to start to feel alight, get to the point where you have fatigue or runny nose if you want to feel a dose, or you can wait that out, ride the bumpy road then you will feel even weak batches very well. Its not that your kratom started to suck, its not having breaks, those different spectrum alkaloids can sure build up in your body. Thats why its prefered not to blend, do red, then green, then white, you consume different alkaloids spectrum. But if all 3 blended or full blown extract, yes, expect to run into a problem....

Do you take breaks often?
Whats your dose per day?
Do take extracts?

Those are the main things you have to be aware of when dosing. Vitamins, good food, gym is secondary things to be aware of.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

pray4peace4 wrote:.... I keep my doses low - from 1 to 3 g. Last September was when the last dead spot started. It was total, ... The first week of June I tried my historical favorite from RVA, PMD that I had stopped taking 2 months earlier. I got a glimmer from it.
This is SO weird, I have been thinking about the same or similar Topic - I just didn't know how to get it started. "Does the same kratom, feel different" ?? At different times? Have you put some kratom on the Shelf ? And it's better, or worse, six months later ? Is your Favorite Leaf from months ago, just as good today?

Question, so between September.. and June. :o That's over 6 months !! Are you saying, you dropped kratom during that time? Or kept using kratom daily, only it wasn't working much at all? Also... like you, I have done a re-set break.. And now my Serving Size is less than < 3g. Twice per day. Over the past month, however I'm dabbling in both Tea, and Extract, more than ever.. Making my own, first attempts at Extract ( OK but a learning curve.) and Crushed Leaf Tea (Last batch the best ever, super strong!) Doing those as a booster, maybe 2-3 days per week. Figure those into my 2x 3g = 6g Daily Limit.

I'm at just under 3 years of kratom use. Thanks for starting this Topic! 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by Payshince »

You know I can only imagine how PROFOUND the effects are for those of you who take around 6g TOTAL a day and say effects are diminished.

I take 20g a day about every single day and I still get phenomenal burns! I sure as hell dont get them often enough (def not as consistent as you guys who stay under 10g a day). The “legs” are almost nonexistent tbh!

Anyways CLEARLY I need a break myself.
Also, my Point is, if I can still feel the alkaloids on a 20g intake a day then You Must be feeling fkn HEAVEN when you feel the alkaloids! :o :shock: :o

Haha ;)

Here’s to taking the necessary breaks and not kidding ourselves!
- Payshince
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by guitartodd77 »

This makes alot of sense to me and may help explain my recent shift over to white strains. I typically use it daily and have for approximately 5 years. I take short breaks occasionally but it's been about a year since my last extended (more than a week) break.

My use is almost exclusively green strains. Every once in a while, I change over to a red but that is typically short lived and i've never been interested in white strains.... until about a week ago.

I had been experiencing similar episodes of little to no benefit from the plant outside of some pain relief but that had even started to diminish somewhat.

Believing it was a quality issue, I branched out seeking better leaf. A vendor threw in a free white strain with an unusual name (White Tanjung). If it were not for the unusual name, I probably would've discarded it. I have dozens of white strain sample bags but had never messed with them due to a bad experice with over-stimulation when I had first started experimenting with Kratom. Consequently, when tossed and washed 3Gs of that White Tanjung, it felt like a first dose after i had finished one of my long breaks

I've always understood that we shouldnt blend or shotgun all the strains closely together but I hadn't experienced it first hand. Perhaps that is the case with me now .....or its just some very, very good white Tanjung. :)
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by Payshince »

Im guessing this White Tanjung is from...
Liza’s?

Haha I still have Not gotten Liza’s WT! Ive heard fantastic things and Im glad this strain has opened your eyes to other avenues and comfort despite other FASTer white veins in your past, guitartodd!

We all have to learn our own ways. We can listen to our bodies and take T-breaks and or do proper Vein color Rotations or Etc!

I do Not take T breaks and I Do in fact suffer bcuz of it!
I do However rotate the Fq out of my strains. So there is that and I use many different potentiators which isn’t necessarily something Im proud about because it is a lot of work for me on a daily basis, and money. :roll:

I have over 50 different strain names from all over and I am constantly using new strains and different vein colors. Blending too but not overuse of one vein color!
Also
Ive read Many Times b4 that Malaysian strains Alkaloid profile is much more diverse than other strains...
Whether that is true or not. Who knows
Maybe Ballz could tell us more about that? :P

You know I have put in an IMMENSE amount of time and effort into finding 2 strains for every colored vein strictly that work for what I Need and it is fkn tiring I’ll tell you that. :lol: it is an Obsession of mine and I still journal daily which I enjoy very much but,
2 White Vein
2 Green Vein
2 Red Vein
2 Yellow Vein
2 Gold Vein
& even 2 Pink Vein
(This is my ultimate goal to achieve) OR, I could just take a proper tolerance break! :twisted: :evil:

I’m sure there are plentiful veterans and or 1Year mark type of Kratom users such as myself who have fortunately figured it out (for there self) I am too stubborn to take a break. Some day I just have to tell myself and know better deep down that a few days of unstable Depression and Anguish from anxiety + Mood swings will PASS.
Or I can keep trying it My way... :(

Anyway
Good luck every1 :!: :)
- Payshince
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by instantKARMA »

I had a similar experience this past February. I was experiencing crazy tolerance issues
and then I ordered from Kraydo. Kraydo's leaf definitely provided a hard re-set!

At that point, about the only effect I was getting was pain relief with very little in the way
of mood boost, energy or sedation! The first burn of Kraydo's Red Asia was amazing. :o
I continued sampling different Kraydo strains, mostly reds, with the same amazing results.
The results were so outstanding that I finally did a review at the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2108

Anyway, after a week or so of treating myself to Kraydo's fine leaf, I decided to re-visit some
of the strains that had become mostly ineffective and I was completely shocked! :shock:
Every single strain that had ceased being effective was back on point! That was when I decided
that rotating vendors, as well as strains, was the only way to go!
demafrost
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by demafrost »

brave777 wrote:Thats why its prefered not to blend, do red, then green, then white, you consume different alkaloids spectrum. But if all 3 blended or full blown extract, yes, expect to run into a problem....
This is interesting to me. Are you saying that the actual alkaloids differ between strains? I was always under the belief that the difference in effects between strains was just due to different levels of specific alkaloids.
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by guitartodd77 »

I'm curious. Anyone out there rotating strains to reduce the increased tolerance over time? If yes, what works for you? Is it Reds on Tuesday, Whites on Wednesday, Greens on Thursday, etc.. or is it by week?

Looking for what might be the generally accepted strain break "best practice" or effective practices to avoid strain tolerance.

Thanks everyone! It's great to know that others are experiencing similar challenges and what they may be doing to offset them :D
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by pray4peace4 »

To answer some of the questions... I rotate daily. Never whites, just reds & greens. I have BB, Lizas, STH, Viable Solutions, RVA, SoCal, some old Kraken & Gaia before they went downhill, a variety of others, & the best I've ever had in my life was Buykratomus Maeng Da from 2016 & I still have some left. I take 2-3 doses per day, mostly 2. I get really bad wd - I mean REALLY bad - so no breaks in the last year. The best I can manage is 1g twice a day. Last time I took a month break, a year ago, I ended up in the hospital so my wife & I agreed I won't do that anymore.

Since Sept. I've been taking my regular dosing even though I got nothing - absolutely nothing - from any of it. TBH I've never had a pleasurable experience from kratom from STH, BB, Lizas, Viable. RVA has been the most consistently good for me but only with 2 of his strains, PMD & Royal Bent. None of his other strains did/do squat but I take them anyway for the rotation factor. The Gaia Red Bali, of which I have lots, was really good in its day. And that Buykratomus stuff was/is mind-blowing. But from Sept. - May 31 no kratom did anything for me. I tried lowering my doses, increasing my doses, tried agmatine, OJ, tumeric, freezing, tea... nothing worked. I finally gave up hoping. When I went back to RVA'S PMD on June 1, I was pleasantly surprised to feel a mood boost. Today when I took my morning dose it was very fulfilling. This afternoon's dose completely floored me. It was a actually too strong. I had to go lay down, no wobbles, no nausea at all.

So right at the moment I'm perfectly happy. I couldn't ask for more. But now I know when next September arrives I bet I'm going to re-enter my dry period. But to reiterate, rotating strains didnt help.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by brave777 »

Buykratomus white maeng da was the best out of the best from 2016. I never seen anything super duper cleaner feel then that. After i ran out, i ran into a problem, it was not the same anymore even thought it was decent kratom but never same. I still got some left from 2016 buykratomus but different strain, need to see how it will make me feel, i use to dose 2-3 grams back then. But now its at 6, i do plan to drop it to 3 grams soon. i noticed 6g some strains put me to sleep when i know at 3g it will be nice uplift with no sleep. I also had green borneo from buykratomus, at 3 grams wad awsome uplift and long legs and at 6 literally no one will stop me wanting to hit the pillow. Oh the old days, how i miss them. :mrgreen:

Edit, i do believe if you dose and get sleepy and you dont want that, its a sign to do less next time to get to sweet spot, sweet spot always feels better when its just perfect. just my opinion. unless you dont mind the sleepy feel to it. You wont get that until at least one week break reset, less wont work. break is needed.

Edit: so went and checked if it was buykratomus, and it was not. My bad. It was from "buy-kratom . us" with the - between buy and kratom. While back ago when i checked on it, web site was gone after sept 30 2016 or all kratom gone. then never checked again. Seems like they are up but i dont know if its still similar quality. or if they changed providers? any one have any insight? because they do have white maeng da, any one had a chance to try their recent batch? Prices slight more then our list but not by much. 105 a kilo.
Kratom user since 2014!
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by jabro70 »

This actually happened to me fairly recently and it has happened several times over the past year. I don’t know where it comes from, but out of the blue my burns will start kicking my butt. It feels different to me than the boost you can get by switching vendors. I wish I could figure out what brings it on. Sometimes I think it’s just a change - changing your diet, getting more exercise, or even having your sleep patterns interrupted. I just wish it would last longer - it usually only lasts around a week or so for me and then my burns return to a more normal level.
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by guitartodd77 »

I'm beginning to lean towards jabro70's theory of multiple factors. It does seem to change along with my lifestyle, eating habits, sleep habits, exercise, etc..

Im going to log my food and sleep over the next week and see if i notice changes day to day.

Also, I seem to be getting better results when I wait till later in the day after at least a 12 hour break from the prior nights dose. Exp.... I dosed at 9:30PM last night (it was some very good Red Maeng Da from The Greenery Botanicals). My next does will not before 10AM today and on an empty stomach.

I'm trying the strain rotation and sticking to a single vendor within a single day. Just an experiment. I may continue to see this out through this week only just for kicks. Yesterday I only burned The Greenery Botanicals White in the morning and Red at night. Today, it's Liza's and only green strains. Tomorrow, only MitraMan Gold MD in the morning and Jongkonk at night. Then SoCal, etc. etc.

May be silly and totally placebo if it actually does anything at all but hey, whatever helps, right? :D

I'll report back if I experience consistant back to back ground breaking burns. LOL! Which I sincerely doubt.

Good luck everyone! Have some fun with it. I know I will.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by CatfatherB »

jabro70 wrote:This actually happened to me fairly recently and it has happened several times over the past year. I don’t know where it comes from, but out of the blue my burns will start kicking my butt. It feels different to me than the boost you can get by switching vendors. I wish I could figure out what brings it on. Sometimes I think it’s just a change - changing your diet, getting more exercise, or even having your sleep patterns interrupted. I just wish it would last longer - it usually only lasts around a week or so for me and then my burns return to a more normal level.

This reminds me of back before I started kratom, my doctor always would want me to do blood test every 3-4 months and I remember one time they called me at work and told me I needed to come back in, my liver enzymes were out of whack? I went back, and the next results showed that my numbers were completely normal? Since kratom get processed through the liver, could that play a part of it? Cuz sometimes it feels like it's something else other than high-antagonist action going on?
CheefingChief
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Re: Does This Ever Hapoen to You?

Post by CheefingChief »

I feel that rotating vendor strains is very effective in keeping tolerance down. You can change strain color daily and that's good, but if they are all from the same vendor, then chances are good that those strains are coming from one or two exporters. And those exporters will send out batches harvested from roughly the same area. And if most of said vendors supply is coming from a localized region, chances are good that alkaloid content will be similar strain to strain. And I use the term strain very loosely. The curing process may alter the alkaloids of the finished product, but the leaf all started the same essentially.
Post Reply