Fibromyalgia Pain

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
InfinityStone
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by InfinityStone »

Hello Double M Forum,

After reading some amazing posts about some facts and myths of Kratom I am still a little confused as to how to find the right “strain” for me. I had thought it was red but, if vein color doesn’t accurately determine the powder color/potency, how is someone newer to the community, without enough experience with vendors (and their process), supposed to narrow it down? Maybe this whole forum is the answer.

Don’t laugh but I don’t even know if I’m tossing and washing the right way. I almost choked/gagged the first time so I began to just mix it with water and chug it mixed. Next I tried capsules; but my dose almost doubled to feel some relief. Is that normal??

I still don’t even know is it red green white or some combination that may work best for me.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is I don’t know what I’m doing but I now am confident I am in the right place to learn as much as I can. Thank you to everyone who contributes and helps make this forum what it is.

Don’t have too much fun with my ignorance, honesty and verbal diarrhea! :D
Last edited by InfinityStone on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by herbalhippie »

You will have to experiment and experiment some more. Different strains. Different colors. Different vendors.

I have a co-worker who asks for a dose of kratom occasionally for fibro pain. Turns out, slow, euphoric greens work best for her at doses around 1.75 grams.

This is how I take kratom. Heat about an inch or two of water in the microwave to hot. Drop in dose and whisk or stir. Add just enough cold water to not burn mouth and toss it back. Follow with a glass of water. Easy peasy. I tried toss and wash ONCE and about died.
InfinityStone
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by InfinityStone »

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it.

So it sounds like the ten 000 capsules I am taking is either bad Kratom or my new to Kratom tolerance means I should invest in whichever vendor I end up liking! Out of curiosity, how much do you take?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by herbalhippie »

InfinityStone wrote:Thanks so much! Really appreciate it.

So it sounds like the ten 000 capsules I am taking is either bad Kratom or my new to Kratom tolerance means I should invest in whichever vendor I end up liking! Out of curiosity, how much do you take?

I was at .75 up until fairly recently. Now between 1 gram and 1.25. I tried to get back down to .75 within the last couple weeks but I don't think it's going to work. Ah well, I'm still at a low dose, I probably don't need to worry about it.

What vendor are you using?
InfinityStone
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by InfinityStone »

The kratom connection.

Wow it sounds like I’m taking way too much....
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by herbalhippie »

InfinityStone wrote:The kratom connection.

Wow it sounds like I’m taking way too much....
Most people dose higher than I do. I'm just lucky to get the effects I need from lower doses.

It is best to start low and keep your dose as low as possible. No reason to give yourself a high tolerance if you don't need it.

Look through the threads in General Discussion and Vendor & Strain Reviews. Lots of good vendors and strains to be had.

Here is Ballz's vendor list with PPG (price per gram) listed. These are all good, vetted vendors.

https://saidit.net/s/KratomVendors/comm ... june_2019/
InfinityStone
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by InfinityStone »

Awesome. Thanks again. I just ordered 2 sampler packs from Smiley Time. Hope I selected well. Can report after I’ve burned some.


Super Green #3 (#071719-1)
Super Green Malay (#070419-1)
Green Monster (#071619-1)
Super Green MD Jong Kong (#070519-1)
Red Sandai (#070519-1)
Super Red MD Jong Kong (#071619-1)
Red Bent. #2 (#063019-1)
Super White Bali (#062919-1)
Yellow Vietnam (#071619-1)
Red Bali (#071719-1)
Blossoms
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by Blossoms »

InfinityStone wrote:Awesome. Thanks again. I just ordered 2 sampler packs from Smiley Time. Hope I selected well. Can report after I’ve burned some.


Super Green #3 (#071719-1)
Super Green Malay (#070419-1)
Green Monster (#071619-1)
Super Green MD Jong Kong (#070519-1)
Red Sandai (#070519-1)
Super Red MD Jong Kong (#071619-1)
Red Bent. #2 (#063019-1)
Super White Bali (#062919-1)
Yellow Vietnam (#071619-1)
Red Bali (#071719-1)
Please do share your thoughts. I have pain issues as well so I am always looking out. I am about to place an order with Smiley myself. Maybe we can compare notes.
InfinityStone
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by InfinityStone »

That would be really helpful! Let me know what you end up purchasing
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by WhiteAngelica »

Hi. I take kratom for chronic pain and I had to play around with it for awhile until I figured out what is best for me.

If you are just starting out, find a high quality red bali, red borneo, red Maeng Da. In that order. I would start with red bali for pain because you know what you are getting. The pain coverage should be what you want.

I stuck to the reds and expanded out from there. If a vendor has a red blend (like PA Botanicals has Fibro Blend, Botanical Bunny has Rojo Loco, etc) I have always found that those blends work well for me. I would suggest K-OG but they are members only at this point. Someone from the group maybe could order you something like Complex 2, assuming you aren't a member. The products in K-OG have reviews and the reviews are often from people with fibro.

I have taken kratom for about 7 years, my partner for two years. She takes capsules, and likes to stick to potent reds. I am now blending in golds and yellows with my reds, select greens and whites but when I wake up in the am and the pain is the worst, I go for all red, something potent. Over the day, I know to dose again when I start getting that slow creep return of 'ow' and attack it with red, something different. I love golds and yellow vietnam. Just during the day try to avoid anything that will make me too sleepy. Red Borneo is nice for sleep, but since I'm at least trying to get some things done during the day (my mobility is kind of shot, but I try) I will take Red Maeng Da, a Premium Maeng Da, or as it has been lately, Smiley Time Herbals' Red Sandai and Red Vietnam. My rotation changes in the evening, and I can blend...Smiley had a strain called Rose Gold I think I'd like to try. But at night, I keep it slow. Because of my pain, I really can't venture outside of taking a red but I can blend now with other perhaps less painkilling, but complimentary strains.

Go, Team Red!
The Red Queen
Blossoms
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by Blossoms »

InfinityStone wrote:That would be really helpful! Let me know what you end up purchasing
I am getting-
Red Vietnam
Super Green Borneo
Red Horn
Gold Monster
Green Hulu
Yellow Bali
Gold MD
Red Sundai
Super Royal Bent
Green Monster

I will definitely let you know what works for my pain. :)
kynnaandgunther
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 am

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by kynnaandgunther »

You should really try the White Borneo and White Maeng Da. You may be an opposite like me. White gives me pain killing effects as well as calming my anxiety.
Kindashewantsto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by Kindashewantsto »

I take kratom for my Fibro and lupus pain!

I have found reds to be the best help with pain usually, although it really depends on what your body likes. I suggest trying out a few types of all different strains!

I really like fast (or energizing) whites/yellows in the morning, it helps combat the brain fog and fatigue.

Good luck!
InfinityStone
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by InfinityStone »

Thank you everyone for your help with directing me. I also have a sort of weird question : do you tell your spouses / family about this? I am not using for recreational purposes but for some reason I feel like a 15 year old with my stash. I guess I’m afraid that when I tell my wife she may not be understanding and read what the FDA last said about Kratom. Any help or suggestions on this?
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Fibromyalgia Pain

Post by CatfatherB »

InfinityStone wrote:Thank you everyone for your help with directing me. I also have a sort of weird question : do you tell your spouses / family about this? I am not using for recreational purposes but for some reason I feel like a 15 year old with my stash. I guess I’m afraid that when I tell my wife she may not be understanding and read what the FDA last said about Kratom. Any help or suggestions on this?


Did you not see the ending of "Breaking Bad"? Anytime you keep something like this from your spouse, it can't end well? but, if you decide to, go bury your kilos in the desert!! 8-)
Post Reply