How do you burn
-
InfinityStone
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm
How do you burn
What are all the different ways to take Kratom? Toss and wash, capsules, someone just mentioned putting some water in the microwave till hot adding kratom and cold water then mixing...curious to hear how everyone burns? (Is it called burning even if it’s a toss and wash?) 
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: How do you burn
“Burning” is just general slang for taking kratom. It doesn’t mean you smoke it. It’s just a throwback to people pretending it was candles or incense. I’m glad we moved past that, but the term has stuck and is now the accepted terminology.
For me personally, I just throw my kratom in a cup with some warm tap water and pound it like a shot. I don’t like messing with capsules, mixers, or any of that stuff. Measure, dump it in a little warm water, throw it back, swish it around in my mouth, and I’m good to go. I don’t even use a spoon to mix it.
Takes 5 seconds or less and the taste doesn’t bother me.
Easy peezy lemon squeezy.
For me personally, I just throw my kratom in a cup with some warm tap water and pound it like a shot. I don’t like messing with capsules, mixers, or any of that stuff. Measure, dump it in a little warm water, throw it back, swish it around in my mouth, and I’m good to go. I don’t even use a spoon to mix it.
Takes 5 seconds or less and the taste doesn’t bother me.
Easy peezy lemon squeezy.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: How do you burn
This is the first I've heard of the "swishing around in the mouth". Why? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but.....
I use OJ most of the time but that is to keep me from puking from the bitter taste. I used water for years. OJ just made everything much easier.
Water works better for you? I kinda remember thinking it does but it's been so long. Ugh. I'm cringing because I know I'm going to end up using water today. LOL!
I use OJ most of the time but that is to keep me from puking from the bitter taste. I used water for years. OJ just made everything much easier.
Water works better for you? I kinda remember thinking it does but it's been so long. Ugh. I'm cringing because I know I'm going to end up using water today. LOL!
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: How do you burn
I pour about an ounce of hot, near boiling water on mine, let it steep for a few minutes, then add cold water and drink it down. 
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: How do you burn
I'm trying it today and will report back.
OJ gets expensive, has too much sugar and I'm concerned about all the acid with my teeth and atomach.
What about a chaser? Diet soda?
OJ gets expensive, has too much sugar and I'm concerned about all the acid with my teeth and atomach.
What about a chaser? Diet soda?
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: How do you burn
If you have any honey that can be a good thing to mix in with the water, it will cancel out the bitterness. I used to use honey in the beginning but have gotten used to the taste since then....guitartodd77 wrote:I'm trying it today and will report back.
OJ gets expensive, has too much sugar and I'm concerned about all the acid with my teeth and atomach.
What about a chaser? Diet soda?
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: How do you burn
Perfect! Thank you!!conscious_conundrum wrote:
If you have any honey that can be a good thing to mix in with the water, it will cancel out the bitterness. I used to use honey in the beginning but have gotten used to the taste since then....
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: How do you burn
I use the freezer red bubble method 9 times out of 10 with citric acid and ACV added in..... Other times I just mix with warm-hot water and some citrus and chug!
-
InfinityStone
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Re: How do you burn
What’s the freezer red bubble method and ACV?acejestyr15 wrote:I use the freezer red bubble method 9 times out of 10 with citric acid and ACV
-
Blossoms
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm
Re: How do you burn
For morning I mix with 1 part lemonade, OJ or grapefruit juice, and 1 part water. About 2/3 cup altogether.
The rest of the day I mix with a bit of water and throw it back. I almost lost my life choking to death doing T and W. So in the spirit of self preservation I don't do it.
If I need a chaser I use diet soda. I like keeping it simple.
The rest of the day I mix with a bit of water and throw it back. I almost lost my life choking to death doing T and W. So in the spirit of self preservation I don't do it.
If I need a chaser I use diet soda. I like keeping it simple.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: How do you burn
I would love to try the Red bubble preparation but that requires actual planning and time.acejestyr15 wrote:I use the freezer red bubble method 9 times out of 10 with citric acid and ACV added in..... Other times I just mix with warm-hot water and some citrus and chug!
InfinityStone: Seach "red bubble" within this board. Ballz has added detailed, step by step tutorials within DoubleM that make it look pretty easy. It's really cool.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: How do you burn
I in fact have adapted Ballz's method/recipe to my liking and now use that like I said 9 out of 10 times probably closer to the whole 10 hahahah!!! I definitely recommend giving it a shot.... Not only has it made my doses more potent and concentrated, but due to that fact I've actually been able to lower my average single dose amount of powder significantlyguitartodd77 wrote:I would love to try the Red bubble preparation but that requires actual planning and time.acejestyr15 wrote:I use the freezer red bubble method 9 times out of 10 with citric acid and ACV added in..... Other times I just mix with warm-hot water and some citrus and chug!I don't even buy green bananas.
![]()
InfinityStone: Seach "red bubble" within this board. Ballz has added detailed, step by step tutorials within DoubleM that make it look pretty easy. It's really cool.
-
enjoyalienation
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:51 am
Re: How do you burn
I was mixing it with OJ in a little bottle and shaking it up and chugging it, but i realized I've spent way too much on OJ in the past 3 years...and it's probably not the healthiest thing to drink. So over the past 2 months I've switched to toss and washing. I usually toss it back with Gatorade or with water with some of that Kool Aid flavoring that you squirt into it. Idk how anybody can take it with just water. You guys are the true badasses.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: How do you burn
Pure laziness on my part, mainly, if I’m being honest.guitartodd77 wrote:This is the first I've heard of the "swishing around in the mouth". Why? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but.....
Fill cup with a small amount of warm water, measure kratom on scale, dump kratom into cup, pour into mouth and swish to mix. Takes me like 5 seconds tops.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: How do you burn
I'm all about easy.
Tried the hot water with honey and and allowed the leaf to steep (sp?) For about 20 mins. Added a little cold water and then shot it..... I'm not sure about the results yet. Seemed to come on slower. Perhaps due to the sugar reduction? Also, It was a new sample from Speciosa Life (G. Bali). I'll try again with a known sample today but it felt like the OJ technique could be a tad more effective.
If there is one thing I know for certain with regards to Kratom, we rarely get an accurate understanding of it after only one attempt.
Tried the hot water with honey and and allowed the leaf to steep (sp?) For about 20 mins. Added a little cold water and then shot it..... I'm not sure about the results yet. Seemed to come on slower. Perhaps due to the sugar reduction? Also, It was a new sample from Speciosa Life (G. Bali). I'll try again with a known sample today but it felt like the OJ technique could be a tad more effective.
If there is one thing I know for certain with regards to Kratom, we rarely get an accurate understanding of it after only one attempt.
-
unsocialworker
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am
Re: How do you burn
I grab my dose, put in a shot glass, do the kratom "shot" and chase it with water.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: How do you burn
In Red's basement lol
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: How do you burn
hehe thanks Ace, yah I thaw my daily Red bubble each morning. Always got a few choices in the freezer. Thaw one, 1st thing in the A.M. and I drink around half. Other half goes in the fridge for later that day.. Lately I've been adding Santa Cruz Organics, Mango Lemonade, to the P.M. dose and notice after a few hours, a very reddish tint as the liquid kratom mix sits in my fridge! Sometimes I'll add a booster, pinch of extract maybe.. stir and steep in the cold lemonade mix like 3 hours - I space my Morning and Evening doses 6 hours apart - but that P.M. serving hits really good, AND tasty too!!acejestyr15 wrote:I in fact have adapted Ballz's method/ recipe to my liking and now use that like I said 9 out of 10 times probably closer to the whole 10 hahahah!!! I definitely recommend giving it a shot ...

Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
Seacookie
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 pm
- Location: Pensacola, Florida
Re: How do you burn
A nice toss n wash with water has always worked the best for me. I've perfected the technique so well I can take up to 8g without tasting a thing. Also take it with my morning cup of coffee
-
JeffTreeBurner
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:13 am
- Location: Virginia
Re: How do you burn
Just throw it in your mouth and wash it down with water. You get used to the taste and honestly kratom does not taste bad