Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
I am usually not hungry when I get up, so I take my dose on empty stomach,,,I wonder if I eat 1st, ,would my doses be more effective? Or stop this habit ive developed, ,I dose when I get up,,don't get hungry until about 3 or 4,,when I eat,,half hour later I'm asleep, so I wonder if I ate a light breakfast, ,waited about a hour to dose,, maybe I wouldn't be so tired when I eat in late afternoon? I just always been in a habit of taking that 1st dose on empty stomach,after a 7 hour sleep, am I doing it backwards? I use to never fall asleep in afternoon after eating, ,,
-
GaronBN
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:23 am
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
This is really down to personal preference really.
I, too, don't eat all that much in the mornings. I never really feel all that hungry.
I've heard of people who don't take kratom on a full stomach, as it can take longer for it to metabolize; I've also heard of people who do take it on a full stomach.
My, frankly, uneducated opinion would be to give yourself time to wake up and have a light breakfast. Maybe just some yogurt with fruit.
I, too, don't eat all that much in the mornings. I never really feel all that hungry.
I've heard of people who don't take kratom on a full stomach, as it can take longer for it to metabolize; I've also heard of people who do take it on a full stomach.
My, frankly, uneducated opinion would be to give yourself time to wake up and have a light breakfast. Maybe just some yogurt with fruit.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
im really bad about eating since i started taking kratom, i have lost a ton of weight because of this to 
i take my morning dose, eat 2 hours later, even if im not hungry, then in a couple more hours dose again, go to work, dont eat at work because i to will get insanely tired, then eat when i get home and fall asleep haha
i take my morning dose, eat 2 hours later, even if im not hungry, then in a couple more hours dose again, go to work, dont eat at work because i to will get insanely tired, then eat when i get home and fall asleep haha
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Hi!
Newbie here, but I have been researching for ages and have been applying the advice given to me.
Apparently Kratom works best on an empty stomach. I can't recall the bio-mechanism just at the moment, but taking the dose on an empty stomach has worked best for me.
At the same time, I might suggest that we consider the effects of taking anything on an empty stomach. I find this method effective, but if I start to experience discomfort/ stomach issues, I may have to re-access this method.
Good luck.
Newbie here, but I have been researching for ages and have been applying the advice given to me.
Apparently Kratom works best on an empty stomach. I can't recall the bio-mechanism just at the moment, but taking the dose on an empty stomach has worked best for me.
At the same time, I might suggest that we consider the effects of taking anything on an empty stomach. I find this method effective, but if I start to experience discomfort/ stomach issues, I may have to re-access this method.
Good luck.
- su9861
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh Pa
- Contact:
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Keep track of your weight as you do not want to be losing & OR gaining 10 - 20 lbs every 4-6 months
Yes, An empty tummy will definitely process the dosage right into the intestines to be absorbed
& the comment of getting tired after eating is normal - Turkey dinner anyone?
So what ever works for you Just know - we throw away more food than most 3rd world counties eat
My routine is my morning dose (under 3 gm) in my coffee 6-7 am & lunch around noonish & if I need another dose @3-4 pm
I do try to take my t breaks on Tuesday & Thursday & the weekends I go a bit heavier sometimes, maybe 3 grams per dose x 3 times a day
Yes, An empty tummy will definitely process the dosage right into the intestines to be absorbed
& the comment of getting tired after eating is normal - Turkey dinner anyone?
So what ever works for you Just know - we throw away more food than most 3rd world counties eat
My routine is my morning dose (under 3 gm) in my coffee 6-7 am & lunch around noonish & if I need another dose @3-4 pm
I do try to take my t breaks on Tuesday & Thursday & the weekends I go a bit heavier sometimes, maybe 3 grams per dose x 3 times a day
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Welcome to MM Greyfeather, absolutely, some things are generally agreed on & this is one!Greyfeather wrote:Apparently Kratom works best on an empty stomach...
Just saying that 'cuz we have all kinds of ppl here, who enjoy kratom for diff reasons, have their own medical issues et cetera.. So, Daily Schedule. Important for those who use kratom multiple times per day.. Took me a year or 2, to finally figure out I had to balance my kratom consumption each day. Not like coffee where its only in the morning, for most ppl... with kratom it seems at a minimum splitting daily serving into 2 .. for some its 3 or 4? As someone observed, the #1 downside of kratom? It wears off too soon!!
Therefore .. Timing of food, becomes an issue, since.. well, we still gotta enjoy our meals. Right? haha
Everyone has to figure this out, for themselves I guess?
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
instantKARMA
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 680
- Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Exactly, it's definitely a personal thing. I used to take it first thing, on an empty stomach.BallzDeep9 wrote:Greyfeather wrote:Apparently Kratom works best on an empty stomach...
Therefore .. Timing of food, becomes an issue, since.. well, we still gotta enjoy our meals. Right? hahaYeah, seems like a hassle but.. that's part of the routine. Learning to manage that... I now eat Breakfast , then watch the clock.. 1st serving of K two hours later.
![]()
Everyone has to figure this out, for themselves I guess?
Sometimes it worked very well, other times, not so much. My personal "thing" is waiting
at least 45 minutes after breakfast. That seems to be the general time slot when it's most
effective. It seems to me that the digestive enzymes and acids are flowing pretty good about
that time which possibly makes for better absorption in my case....just a theory anyway!
- Marie Wolff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:18 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
I've been the same. For a long time, I only ate once a day..at bedtime. Now I eat a small cup of trailmix or a piece of fruit or an egg in the morning: I wake up between 6-8am, take my first dose of 5grams (I wake up with w/d's most days). Then I eat my little breakfast snack and then a half hour later take another two or three grams. This works really well for me. Not eating all day long (no chewing to get my digestion going, etc.) stalled things and I wasted a lot of kratom. During the day I take 2-3 bites of food here and there and it helps a lot. I should also note that I have kratom all frikking day long. 3-5 grams every couple of hours LOLKurtisCards wrote:im really bad about eating since i started taking kratom, i have lost a ton of weight because of this to
i take my morning dose, eat 2 hours later, even if im not hungry, then in a couple more hours dose again, go to work, dont eat at work because i to will get insanely tired, then eat when i get home and fall asleep haha
@instantkarma I totally agree with your post. It took me seven years to discover that waking up and munching on kratom straight away was the wrong way to go. I think you're spot on.. about 30/45 minutes after a light meal.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
I think I'll try that, real lite breakfast, ,maybe try what marie said, grazing a few bites here and there during the day,,I too take several doses all day, ,2.gr at a time,,when it wears off and I feel the pain, I dose, ,my metabolism is low because of age and not able to do a lot of physical activity, ,unless I go to rex plex and get in the pool lol,but I should, humm,, but yea, my daughter eats and feels the kratom better before or after about a hour or longer,,anyhow, I use to graze, and my weight was fine,, since I changed to once a day I'm gaining,,,I'm going to try that, these late naps are ridiculous, I didn't do that when I grazed,

- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
For me, it definitely works better on an empty stomach.
However, some days I wake up super hungry and absolutely have to eat something to help me wake up. I find as long as it’s a small (keyword: small!) meal about 15-30 minutes before I dose, it doesn’t negatively effect the burn. I’m talking like a piece of toast and a single scrambled egg just to get rid of the morning hunger pangs.
Definitely don’t eat a full breakfast buffet with all the trimmings.
However, some days I wake up super hungry and absolutely have to eat something to help me wake up. I find as long as it’s a small (keyword: small!) meal about 15-30 minutes before I dose, it doesn’t negatively effect the burn. I’m talking like a piece of toast and a single scrambled egg just to get rid of the morning hunger pangs.
Definitely don’t eat a full breakfast buffet with all the trimmings.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
I noticed some fatty foods and dose after works great, sometimes i add 1 or 2 grams extra just cause i eat a full meal and it seems to work great.
Kratom user since 2014!
- Marie Wolff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:18 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Fatty foods.. like a cheeseburger?
I'm trying to figure out which foods stall it out. I think sugar maybe. This past week I started taking 5-10 drops of bitters and I can't even tell you how much better my kratom experience is. I've been using burdock tincture (yuck!) every couple of hours to help with digestion and there's been a huge difference. Throwing in some bitters would probably do wonders for a lot of people, I think.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
It's funny to me that everybody has their "kraton potentiation trick" that they have found makes the kratom experience better. Just further reinforcement that, hey! This shit's WEIRD!Marie Wolff wrote:Fatty foods.. like a cheeseburger?I'm trying to figure out which foods stall it out. I think sugar maybe. This past week I started taking 5-10 drops of bitters and I can't even tell you how much better my kratom experience is. I've been using burdock tincture (yuck!) every couple of hours to help with digestion and there's been a huge difference. Throwing in some bitters would probably do wonders for a lot of people, I think.
-
Theanine
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Kratom should be taken at least 2 hours after your last meal, and no FOOD should be consumed within the first hour post your dose.
Taking fats 30 minutes post dose actually boosts Kratom's effects. Remember, most of Kratom alkaloids are FAT soluble.
Stomach contents do affect the digestion rates of everything, including Kratom.
So, a FATTY meal of small to medium proportions is acceptable at least 30 minutes post dosing, 60 minutes is better. At that point, most of the Kratom is already digested, so the fatty acids will help get those alkaloids from our blood and into our brain. I prefer Sesame seed oil, about half a teaspoon, 30 minutes following the Kratom dose. Kratom's effect are consistently boosted as a result. Alternately, you could eat a fatty meal. In case of a meal, do wait at least 60 minutes for full Kratom digestion.
Taking fats 30 minutes post dose actually boosts Kratom's effects. Remember, most of Kratom alkaloids are FAT soluble.
Stomach contents do affect the digestion rates of everything, including Kratom.
So, a FATTY meal of small to medium proportions is acceptable at least 30 minutes post dosing, 60 minutes is better. At that point, most of the Kratom is already digested, so the fatty acids will help get those alkaloids from our blood and into our brain. I prefer Sesame seed oil, about half a teaspoon, 30 minutes following the Kratom dose. Kratom's effect are consistently boosted as a result. Alternately, you could eat a fatty meal. In case of a meal, do wait at least 60 minutes for full Kratom digestion.
Last edited by Theanine on Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
I like to dose on an empty stomach and then eat a spoonful of peanut butter 15-30 minutes later
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Idk , i always dose first because ima addict like that but when i do eat it never really seems to affect it all that much. If you have a sensitive stomach then eat first , but for me, it doesnt really matter.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Food or no food doesn't really seem to affect me either. I take my first dose of the day on an empty stomach but usually have something small to eat about an hour later. The rest of the day is either way.
-
Jim Jurgan
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
I take my morning dose right away when I get up, usually have it set up night before even.
Then I go through my shower/getting ready routine.
By then the kratom is kicking in and I drink coffee with something light to eat.
Empty stomach hits best to start the day for me.
Then I go through my shower/getting ready routine.
By then the kratom is kicking in and I drink coffee with something light to eat.
Empty stomach hits best to start the day for me.
- Haid3r
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm
Re: Eating breakfast before 1st dose?
Same here!conscious_conundrum wrote:I like to dose on an empty stomach and then eat a spoonful of peanut butter 15-30 minutes later