can you overdose on Kratom?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
karateman
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:56 pm

can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by karateman »

i recently bought my first batch of Kratom from krakenkratom.com. it is Bali Kratom Powder (OG/PC) which they call a beginner strain. i thought it was pure kratom powder but its actually mixed with herbal tea powder. so i assume its less potent because of the tea powder. anyways, i take 2 teaspoons of it with water and get a slight buzz from it. 30 minutes later i take 2 more. so 9.6 grams from the stuff. id like a stronger affect but i read 10+ grams is pretty high dossage. i serioulsy feel i could take like 15 grams of this stuff without any issues. is this bad idea? can you overdose on kratom?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

karateman wrote:i recently bought my first batch of Kratom from krakenkratom.com. it is Bali Kratom Powder (OG/PC) which they call a beginner strain. i thought it was pure kratom powder but its actually mixed with herbal tea powder. so i assume its less potent because of the tea powder. anyways, i take 2 teaspoons of it with water and get a slight buzz from it. 30 minutes later i take 2 more. so 9.6 grams from the stuff. id like a stronger affect but i read 10+ grams is pretty high dossage. i serioulsy feel i could take like 15 grams of this stuff without any issues. is this bad idea? can you overdose on kratom?
Boy have you come to the right place!! Welcome!!

When I first discovered kratom I was buying from Phytoextractum/Kraken (same company), paying way too much money for sub-par kratom.

Look in the reviews section to see what people are talking about these days. Botanical Bunny, Smiley's, SOSA, Speciosa Life.

And here is Ballz's latest vendor list. You can see the prices of each vendor broken down by PPG (price per gram)

https://saidit.net/s/KratomVendors/comm ... june_2019/

See how many vendors are charging around .12/gram? Kraken is charging .32/gram for one of their lesser expensive strains. And I can tell you from experience, their kratom is near-bunk.

ps, if you take too much kratom you'll probably get the wobbles and puke, but I think that's about it.
karateman
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by karateman »

ill check those places out. im still amazed how cheap kratom is. even at 9.6 grams that powder i bought gave me a pretty good buzz, lightly drunk feeling. in your opinon how much would be too much? whats the most grams youve ever took?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

The most I've ever taken at once is two and a half gram and that was of Phyto/Krakens stuff. once I discovered the good vendors I was able to drop my dose down to about a gram and that's where I've been ever since and it's been about two and a half years.

Pick yourself out a vendor and order some kratom and try dosing at around 2 grams and see what happens. there's no point in taking a high dose if you don't have to and jacking your tolerance up right off the bat.

Less is more with kratom.
Crunch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by Crunch »

karateman wrote:ill check those places out. im still amazed how cheap kratom is. even at 9.6 grams that powder i bought gave me a pretty good buzz, lightly drunk feeling. in your opinon how much would be too much? whats the most grams youve ever took?
I agree with herbalhippie. Once you order some good quality stuff you should start out with no more than a teaspoon and go from there. Whatever you do don't start out by taking 9.6 grams of the good stuff :lol:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

Crunch wrote:
karateman wrote:ill check those places out. im still amazed how cheap kratom is. even at 9.6 grams that powder i bought gave me a pretty good buzz, lightly drunk feeling. in your opinon how much would be too much? whats the most grams youve ever took?
I agree with herbalhippie. Once you order some good quality stuff you should start out with no more than a teaspoon and go from there. Whatever you do don't start out by taking 9.6 grams of the good stuff :lol:
omg no

And sounds like you have a gram scale right? Good if you do. No guessing.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by e_poison »

I agree with hippie here. Use a scale! Teaspoons are unreliable since every strain is a different weight.

Scales are like $8 - $10, so there’s no excuse not to use one if you are serious about kratom. They’re super cheap and when it inevitably gets too gunked up with powder and the buttons stop working, you can just buy a new one.

Personally, I’ve gone through like 4 scales in the last 2 years. :lol:
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by acejestyr15 »

e_poison wrote:I agree with hippie here. Use a scale! Teaspoons are unreliable since every strain is a different weight.

Scales are like $8 - $10, so there’s no excuse not to use one if you are serious about kratom. They’re super cheap and when it inevitably gets too gunked up with powder and the buttons stop working, you can just buy a new one.

Personally, I’ve gone through like 4 scales in the last 2 years. :lol:
Wow really?! I have had the same scale for like 10 or 15 years and I don't only use it for Kratom either!!!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

e_poison wrote:I agree with hippie here. Use a scale! Teaspoons are unreliable since every strain is a different weight.

Scales are like $8 - $10, so there’s no excuse not to use one if you are serious about kratom. They’re super cheap and when it inevitably gets too gunked up with powder and the buttons stop working, you can just buy a new one.

Personally, I’ve gone through like 4 scales in the last 2 years. :lol:

Here's something I've never seen come up in conversation. I'm on my third one. :lol: :?
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by e_poison »

acejestyr15 wrote:Wow really?! I have had the same scale for like 10 or 15 years and I don't only use it for Kratom either!!!
Unfortunately, yes. About to buy scale #5. It seems no matter how hard I try to keep a scale in good condition, it always seems to fill up with kratom dust regardless of any preventative measures. Which is odd, because I’m a total clean freak. I keep my house immaculate.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
Lambeezy
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by Lambeezy »

Advice to my scale users: put a plastic solo cup on scale then zero it out to prevent dust consuming your scale
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

I use two ounce plastic portion cups. Like the ones you get in drive-ins for your ketchup and tartar sauce.
ConcernedMom420
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by ConcernedMom420 »

The best idea to weigh out kratom is to use a shot glass and your favorite cool looking spoon..or just a normal teaspoon. I never make a mess and the shot glass is small enough for me to throw it back like a shot and wash it down with some Good ole Orange Juice 8-)
User avatar
Haid3r
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by Haid3r »

Lambeezy wrote:Advice to my scale users: put a plastic solo cup on scale then zero it out to prevent dust consuming your scale
I put my oblate disc on the scale, tare it (because I'm OCD like that), and then weigh my dust. I bundle up my parachute right off the scale and I'm off to the races.

I'm still on my first scale, if it died I'd be disconsolate until a new one could get here... now y'all put a bug in my mind that I should have another on standby. :shock:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

Haid3r wrote:
Lambeezy wrote:Advice to my scale users: put a plastic solo cup on scale then zero it out to prevent dust consuming your scale
I put my oblate disc on the scale, tare it (because I'm OCD like that), and then weigh my dust. I bundle up my parachute right off the scale and I'm off to the races.

I'm still on my first scale, if it died I'd be disconsolate until a new one could get here... now y'all put a bug in my mind that I should have another on standby. :shock:
You should. I never worried about it because there's a smoke shop on damn near every block in this valley. Well, my last scale broke and I stopped by the closest smoke shop after work. Out of gram scales. Went to another shop. Out of gram scales. I literally hit up almost every smoke shop within about 5 miles in every direction and EVERYONE WAS OUT OF GRAM SCALES. Came home an ordered one from Amazon.

I knew there was a serious meth and heroin problem in this area but I didn't know it was bad enough to completely deplete the area of gram scales.
Joedaddy77
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by Joedaddy77 »

How long have you guys been taking Kratom that you can take 1 gram? I take 2 teaspoons. I've never weighed mine. Just use the same teaspoon. I never really thought it being different weights. I take 2 tspn 4 or 5x a day.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

About 2 1/2 years.
Joedaddy77
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by Joedaddy77 »

herbalhippie wrote:About 2 1/2 years.
Maybe I need to lower my dose...
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

Joedaddy77 wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:About 2 1/2 years.
Maybe I need to lower my dose...
Less is more. :D
Joedaddy77
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Re: can you overdose on Kratom?

Post by Joedaddy77 »

herbalhippie wrote:
Joedaddy77 wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:About 2 1/2 years.
Maybe I need to lower my dose...
Less is more. :D
True, I keep hearing this. I only take green and red strains tho. Can't do the whites. Perhaps that is why you can get away with just 1 gram where it takes me a bit more. I'm gonna try to cut back to 1 tspn per dose and see how that does tho.
Post Reply