Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approve...
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approve...
So this next weekend i'm gonna be visiting my family. they have had to deal with all my drug and alcohol problems in the past, and don't approve of anything other than doctor prescribed meds to treat anxiety or depression. I know if tell them its kratom, they will run to google and find all this bad stuff about it and tell me how horrible it is.
i could probably pull off the super foods, matcha switch trick, but how do you dose multiple times on stuff that says take once a day like super foods?
anyone else have this same thing happen to them, where they need to take kratom on the dl in front of un-approving people? how did you explain your multiple doses?
i could probably pull off the super foods, matcha switch trick, but how do you dose multiple times on stuff that says take once a day like super foods?
anyone else have this same thing happen to them, where they need to take kratom on the dl in front of un-approving people? how did you explain your multiple doses?
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Premix your doses and put them in small containers. I use paint pots for artists. They are small, concealable and easy to dose in a bathroom with a swig of water. My dose is only 2-3g every 4 hrs, so it fits in the containers. If you have a larger dose try to use extracts instead.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
i thought of this as well as bringing caps. I would need something that would fit in my pocket essentially, since im pretty much gonna be around them 24hrs for 3 days. last time i visited i drove so i had my car to escape to for doses and what not. this year im flying, and if i want to take their car to go do something, most likely they will come with me.Ezriderx2x wrote:Premix your doses and put them in small containers. I use paint pots for artists. They are small, concealable and easy to dose in a bathroom with a swig of water. My dose is only 2-3g every 4 hrs, so it fits in the containers. If you have a larger dose try to use extracts instead.
I really should just man up and not care what they think, just would really like to avoid the suspicious looks and arguments haha
My life is going great, not behind on any bills, not doing anything illegal, and have held down a job since i started taking kratom and quit drinking. But i know they will still just look at as a drug problem and therefor my life is in shambles.
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
This is an excellent question and thread OP!
Tbh this is a valid thing to worry about, like anything really but it shouldn’t interfere with your relationships with your Family.
1. Imagine what it is like for Bi Sexual and or Gay people to come out to their parents. Of course deep down it is nothing to be ashamed of as a person bcuz that is Who they are but it is still difficult!
2. Imagine hiding your profession like lets say you’re a cam model on MFC, and your family is just strict and or close minded with sexuality in general. Now that would be a difficult conversation to announce for sure!
We all want to be accepted and understood esp. from our Family! But I get it I do why stir up potential drama when it can be avoided?
This is YOU tho, you have a job. Check! You no longer use or abuse drugs or alcohol. Check! You’re a stronger and more sharper individual. Check!
I would be proud of you if you were my kid. I really would.
My parents are proud of me because I am open with them buutt I am also doing better, as are you!
One thing they aren’t proud of is the fact that Kratom (takes up a lot of my time and my money). I tell them I realize this but it is a passion and doesn’t control my life like my past (as well).*
Show them how much more purpose is in your life externally and internally. How much clearer your thinking is, and how happier you are.
How can someone judge you for that?
Some parents are harsher than others whether it be who they are, how they were raised/ grown up, whatever the case may be.
Just be Yourself and show them your Advocacy towards this plant! Like Cannabis and Hemp, for ex: both have a wide range of medicinal properties. Same goes for Kratom!
You can’t force your knowledge into them but you can be honest and just be a better and better person.
I would Respect you for that no matter who you are!
Good luck
You got this
Oh and btw
I get ‘000’ capsules off Amazon and precap my Kratom doses every nt before I sleep. Takes me 30 min but I either listen to the news or music or reflect on my day for 30 mins whilst doing so! I got a container also a smallish pill container and its a perfect size that fits 3 doses in it for me to carry in my pocket piece of cake! Every day when I’m on the run and or at work!
Tbh this is a valid thing to worry about, like anything really but it shouldn’t interfere with your relationships with your Family.
1. Imagine what it is like for Bi Sexual and or Gay people to come out to their parents. Of course deep down it is nothing to be ashamed of as a person bcuz that is Who they are but it is still difficult!
2. Imagine hiding your profession like lets say you’re a cam model on MFC, and your family is just strict and or close minded with sexuality in general. Now that would be a difficult conversation to announce for sure!
We all want to be accepted and understood esp. from our Family! But I get it I do why stir up potential drama when it can be avoided?
This is YOU tho, you have a job. Check! You no longer use or abuse drugs or alcohol. Check! You’re a stronger and more sharper individual. Check!
I would be proud of you if you were my kid. I really would.
My parents are proud of me because I am open with them buutt I am also doing better, as are you!
One thing they aren’t proud of is the fact that Kratom (takes up a lot of my time and my money). I tell them I realize this but it is a passion and doesn’t control my life like my past (as well).*
Show them how much more purpose is in your life externally and internally. How much clearer your thinking is, and how happier you are.
How can someone judge you for that?
Some parents are harsher than others whether it be who they are, how they were raised/ grown up, whatever the case may be.
Just be Yourself and show them your Advocacy towards this plant! Like Cannabis and Hemp, for ex: both have a wide range of medicinal properties. Same goes for Kratom!
You can’t force your knowledge into them but you can be honest and just be a better and better person.
I would Respect you for that no matter who you are!
Good luck
You got this
Oh and btw
I get ‘000’ capsules off Amazon and precap my Kratom doses every nt before I sleep. Takes me 30 min but I either listen to the news or music or reflect on my day for 30 mins whilst doing so! I got a container also a smallish pill container and its a perfect size that fits 3 doses in it for me to carry in my pocket piece of cake! Every day when I’m on the run and or at work!
- Payshince
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Thank you for the reply Payshince! your words are greatly appreciated and if more parents were like you this world would be a better place 
Im gonna cap some for sure, just for ease of use when we're out and about (going to a baseball game as well as dinner at brothers house) also picked up a tylenol tube that is the perfect size for a < 4g dose. also got some canning jars that i'm gonna label as matcha.
just thinking about all this gives me anxiety. if my mom were the type to just listen to facts and not opinions this would be a lot easier. When i quit smoking ciggs and started vaping she bombarded me with anti vape propaganda (popcorn lung bs) and what not.
Im gonna cap some for sure, just for ease of use when we're out and about (going to a baseball game as well as dinner at brothers house) also picked up a tylenol tube that is the perfect size for a < 4g dose. also got some canning jars that i'm gonna label as matcha.
just thinking about all this gives me anxiety. if my mom were the type to just listen to facts and not opinions this would be a lot easier. When i quit smoking ciggs and started vaping she bombarded me with anti vape propaganda (popcorn lung bs) and what not.
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Keep us updated (if you want).
The thing is sometimes no matter what you do you can’t win!
I know your pain in some aspects.
Do your best and dont let them discourage you.
What do they want from you?!
Fuck.
Enjoy your life and don’t ever be ashamed or feel guilty for using Kratom.
So sick and tired of ppl thinking its wrong to take care of yourself.
Not everyone is perfect. You are doing nothing wrong!
The thing is sometimes no matter what you do you can’t win!
I know your pain in some aspects.
Do your best and dont let them discourage you.
What do they want from you?!
Fuck.
Enjoy your life and don’t ever be ashamed or feel guilty for using Kratom.
So sick and tired of ppl thinking its wrong to take care of yourself.
Not everyone is perfect. You are doing nothing wrong!
- Payshince
-
Crunch
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
- Location: Missouri
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Tell them you go to one of those natural doctors (homeopathy?) and the doctor recommended kratom to you for whatever fill in the blank issues you have.KurtisCards wrote:So this next weekend i'm gonna be visiting my family. they have had to deal with all my drug and alcohol problems in the past, and don't approve of anything other than doctor prescribed meds to treat anxiety or depression. I know if tell them its kratom, they will run to google and find all this bad stuff about it and tell me how horrible it is.
i could probably pull off the super foods, matcha switch trick, but how do you dose multiple times on stuff that says take once a day like super foods?
anyone else have this same thing happen to them, where they need to take kratom on the dl in front of un-approving people? how did you explain your multiple doses?
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Crunch wrote:Tell them you go to one of those natural doctors (homeopathy?) and the doctor recommended kratom to you for whatever fill in the blank issues you have.KurtisCards wrote:So this next weekend i'm gonna be visiting my family. they have had to deal with all my drug and alcohol problems in the past, and don't approve of anything other than doctor prescribed meds to treat anxiety or depression. I know if tell them its kratom, they will run to google and find all this bad stuff about it and tell me how horrible it is.
i could probably pull off the super foods, matcha switch trick, but how do you dose multiple times on stuff that says take once a day like super foods?
anyone else have this same thing happen to them, where they need to take kratom on the dl in front of un-approving people? how did you explain your multiple doses?
Naturopath.
There's an idea. It was 'prescribed'.
-
steviez83
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:12 am
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
I always bag up my doses in small plymor bags (https://www.amazon.com/Plymor-Zipper-Re ... B0195E9WVE)
I had to confess that I take kratom when we all flew together though. Maybe you can find some decent scientific studies that support the safety of kratom and use it to offset the negative press everywhere else.
I had to confess that I take kratom when we all flew together though. Maybe you can find some decent scientific studies that support the safety of kratom and use it to offset the negative press everywhere else.
-
carob
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:16 am
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
I wouldn't mention it to them at all. If you can't be discreet before leaving somewhere, then get some empty pill capsules from a vitamin shop and green tea vitamin bottle. If you tell them anything, you're on a cleanse. To prevent fibbing actually go on a moderate cleanse that you are building up to after the family event. Then do a small cleanse. 
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
I already have 1000 empty caps from when my mother came to visit me last thanksgiving so i got that covered.
I've been testing to see how long i can go in between doses and im sure i can make it work in a pinch. don't really need to be dosing every 4 hours, just a preference. I have also found that if im busy and not just sitting in front of the tv/laptop i can go 6+ hours before i really start to feel soreness and what not.
I've been testing to see how long i can go in between doses and im sure i can make it work in a pinch. don't really need to be dosing every 4 hours, just a preference. I have also found that if im busy and not just sitting in front of the tv/laptop i can go 6+ hours before i really start to feel soreness and what not.
-
tommyjord
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:07 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
I don't tell my family shit. None of their business. I am constantly popping into restaurant restrooms and stuff while we're out though.
So there are easy ways to sneak off.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
taking kratom before you eat? seems like it wouldnt work and would just get over taken by food and digestedtommyjord wrote:I don't tell my family shit. None of their business. I am constantly popping into restaurant restrooms and stuff while we're out though.So there are easy ways to sneak off.
-
tommyjord
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:07 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Kind of depends on the meal and timing. I try not to take it and then have a heavy meal immediately after. I usually try to wait a bit before eating so as to not get tired. But for the most part, I find that it still works, especially if it's light food like salad, snacks, fruit, etc.KurtisCards wrote:taking kratom before you eat? seems like it wouldnt work and would just get over taken by food and digestedtommyjord wrote:I don't tell my family shit. None of their business. I am constantly popping into restaurant restrooms and stuff while we're out though.So there are easy ways to sneak off.
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
I would just tell them about it and go google it with them. Before u go, find some pro kratom sites that explain it correctly and tell them to read it.
If you hide to do it they will probably think your doing something much worse like before. If they are used to u sneaking around then they will think the worst if they see you sneaking.
If you hide to do it they will probably think your doing something much worse like before. If they are used to u sneaking around then they will think the worst if they see you sneaking.
-
Vigilante302
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:42 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Check out obllate disks as well man. See you have caps which would work fine to. I wouldnt say anything, some stuff is just easier that way.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Excuse yourself from the table.. Whip out your funnel, drop trousers and Boof It right there.
Then look around at 'em like... any questions ??
Then look around at 'em like... any questions ??
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
I'm on the plane back home and the trip was a major success! Caps worked in a pinch very well. Tylenol tubes with 3.5g was perfect for bathroom.
Thanks for everyone's comments!
Thanks for everyone's comments!
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
Glad to hear it man!
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
[*] BallzDeep9 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:20 pm
Excuse yourself from the table.. Whip out your funnel, drop trousers and Boof It right there.
Then look around at 'em like... any questions ?? :?:_______________
I'd do this on next trip!!
But seriously, next time why hide it,,tell them it's beneficial to your health,,and it is what keeps you from falling back on those earlier havits. Medications for anxiety,etc. are eviil,,Google them that.
Excuse yourself from the table.. Whip out your funnel, drop trousers and Boof It right there.
Then look around at 'em like... any questions ?? :?:_______________
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Taking Kratom in front of family members Who dont approv
I began to bring up how there is withdrawal from anti depressants and bad side effects and what not, and I can literally see my mom's brain shut off while she just shakes her head and says no no no that's not true and gets all mad haha
She is very close minded, I'm fine with hiding it once a year it's really no biggie.
On a different note, I was so scared of airport security, almost had a heart attack going through it, thinking I was gonna get detained. No one even care about my big bag full of brown powder haha
She is very close minded, I'm fine with hiding it once a year it's really no biggie.
On a different note, I was so scared of airport security, almost had a heart attack going through it, thinking I was gonna get detained. No one even care about my big bag full of brown powder haha