FDA hold designated ??
-
lvennard
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:29 am
FDA hold designated ??
attached letter from FDA hold designated
anyone recommend course of action ??
[email protected] was absolutely no help saying that this happens
do not buy from https://kratomphilippines.com/
anyone recommend course of action ??
[email protected] was absolutely no help saying that this happens
do not buy from https://kratomphilippines.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: FDA hold designated ??
So it looks to me that the supplier listed the contents as Hirsuta which I would assume it is not and that it's in fact Kratom??? If that is the case I would have to guess/imagine that it will at least be help for a indefinite lengthy period of time if not confiscated all together. But, as I said this is only a guess/assumption so don't take it for anything more than that!!! I would just figure that once they can provide any type of proof that the documentation was filed improperly whether intentionally or by mistake that they will make the process as difficult as they so happen to feel like, sorry. Just my 2 cents....
-
lvennard
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:29 am
Re: FDA hold designated ??
Ya think that the labeling is what set them of? Hirsuta>?
or i was just randomly screwed over ?
I called the FDA and they said they have a hold on any Kratom products sooooooo shit
or i was just randomly screwed over ?
I called the FDA and they said they have a hold on any Kratom products sooooooo shit
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: FDA hold designated ??
Buyer Beware, as they say... Buying from Phillipines / Shipping UPS / mis-labeling as Hirsuta ... ALL no no's
This is gambling. Why, to save a few dollars ??
Sorry you lost your money.
This is gambling. Why, to save a few dollars ??
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
Skottsdad
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:43 pm
- Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Re: FDA hold designated ??
And on the website you can find the Kratom strains under “Matcha Tea” powder. All the big red flags are there.
-
daxodactyl
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am
Re: FDA hold designated ??
If this is happening regularly, how are stateside vendors getting their supplies?
-
pray4peace4
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 446
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am
Re: FDA hold designated ??
@daxodactyl... my question exactly. Why do vendors get their shipments if this FDA policy is enforced this way? They're bringing in thousands of pounds. I just don't get it.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: FDA hold designated ??
For starters .... Smart suppliers don't ship by UPS.
Not in August 2019 anyway... choice of Carrier. Which could change next month. There's also Air Cargo, totally bypass all commercial shipping carriers.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: FDA hold designated ??
Oh man, that stinks! I'm so sorry you ran into that. Its an ugly side of the kratom importing industry, but it's very real and will absolutely happen from time to time if you are importing. I too have learned the hard way that importing is not always rainbows and sunshine... I now know why so many popular US vendors go under. Regardless of how "plugged in" you are, it's going to happen to you at some point if you are importing.
It's tricky because many Indonesian suppliers will "guarantee delivery"..... until something doesn't get delivered. I was talking to somebody a couple of weeks ago that was asking for my help. They were on a tight budget, so they decided to order from Indonesia as a smart way to cut down their kratom budget. They took what was a large sum of money to them and ordered a 3kg special. Unfortunately, it was seized and as you would expect, no refund was available. I felt so bad for them
I think most people assume that the Indonesian suppliers are rolling in money, but in fact many of them are struggling to make it just like most people here in the US. Also, most people don't realize that the majority of Indonesian suppliers are not the actual farmers, they can't just go in the backyard and pick some more leaves to replace your order. Most often they have to buy the crushed kratom from leaf-brokers or the actual farmers. When you add in the shipping cost (about $18/kg on average), reimbursing an order is usually too big of a cost for them to absorb (not to mention if it keeps happening to their exports). It's frustrating because there isn't really any scenario that gives the Indo supplier a strong incentive to refund your money. If you are making small orders, the supplier could care less about you as a returning as a customer. If you are ordering large quantities - its too big of a "hit" for them to take, so they have no choice but to say goodbye to you as a customer.
Total bummer
It's tricky because many Indonesian suppliers will "guarantee delivery"..... until something doesn't get delivered. I was talking to somebody a couple of weeks ago that was asking for my help. They were on a tight budget, so they decided to order from Indonesia as a smart way to cut down their kratom budget. They took what was a large sum of money to them and ordered a 3kg special. Unfortunately, it was seized and as you would expect, no refund was available. I felt so bad for them
I think most people assume that the Indonesian suppliers are rolling in money, but in fact many of them are struggling to make it just like most people here in the US. Also, most people don't realize that the majority of Indonesian suppliers are not the actual farmers, they can't just go in the backyard and pick some more leaves to replace your order. Most often they have to buy the crushed kratom from leaf-brokers or the actual farmers. When you add in the shipping cost (about $18/kg on average), reimbursing an order is usually too big of a cost for them to absorb (not to mention if it keeps happening to their exports). It's frustrating because there isn't really any scenario that gives the Indo supplier a strong incentive to refund your money. If you are making small orders, the supplier could care less about you as a returning as a customer. If you are ordering large quantities - its too big of a "hit" for them to take, so they have no choice but to say goodbye to you as a customer.
Total bummer
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.