People of the Plant
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
People of the Plant
Some of yall know me from time on r/kratom. Others may not have a clue when they see the username. I've been away for quite some time dealing with cancer and am finally getting back in to Kratom advocacy work here in DC after over a year of chemo and treatment.
This has been posted a few other places but if you haven't seen it yet-
We as a community are making another movie. This one will be about the community and will have a large portion dedicated to the farmers in Indo, the academics in Malaysia and even those that fought hard to make it legal again in Thailand. We will also be spending some time in Canada to show more about what they are working on in the Great White North. This film will not be an advertisement for a company. Its about you. Without you though we cant make this happen.
We have funding, 75 thousand dollars, from a generous donor but we have to raise the other half or the film wont happen. We have until October 4th and as of today we are almost to 11 thousand. All we can ask is you toss in a dollar if you can, or more, and let's make this happen.
I made a commitment that I wont be taking any pay during the production nor any profits from the film except for my travel costs. We do have to cover crew pay/costs, equipment, etc so obviously it wont be cheap but we think we will come in under budget and what's left over along with profits later from the film will go to donations in to establishing the People of the Plant foundation to fund research in to Kratom and other plants, some will also go to several Kratom related advocacy groups
When the film is finally released it will be on a free platform but for the donors you will get to see a couple early versions of the film in late spring and early summer 2020 and then help us through donor surveys decide what makes the final cut that will come out in 2021.
If you make a pledge today you will not be charged for it until October 4th. You can find out more here-
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pe ... -the-plant
If you have any questions you think would be suited for our Kickstarter FAQ page so all should know, please leave them below and we will get them answered.
Will also be doing a live AMA about the film sometime this next week in the evening for those that are interested.
This has been posted a few other places but if you haven't seen it yet-
We as a community are making another movie. This one will be about the community and will have a large portion dedicated to the farmers in Indo, the academics in Malaysia and even those that fought hard to make it legal again in Thailand. We will also be spending some time in Canada to show more about what they are working on in the Great White North. This film will not be an advertisement for a company. Its about you. Without you though we cant make this happen.
We have funding, 75 thousand dollars, from a generous donor but we have to raise the other half or the film wont happen. We have until October 4th and as of today we are almost to 11 thousand. All we can ask is you toss in a dollar if you can, or more, and let's make this happen.
I made a commitment that I wont be taking any pay during the production nor any profits from the film except for my travel costs. We do have to cover crew pay/costs, equipment, etc so obviously it wont be cheap but we think we will come in under budget and what's left over along with profits later from the film will go to donations in to establishing the People of the Plant foundation to fund research in to Kratom and other plants, some will also go to several Kratom related advocacy groups
When the film is finally released it will be on a free platform but for the donors you will get to see a couple early versions of the film in late spring and early summer 2020 and then help us through donor surveys decide what makes the final cut that will come out in 2021.
If you make a pledge today you will not be charged for it until October 4th. You can find out more here-
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pe ... -the-plant
If you have any questions you think would be suited for our Kickstarter FAQ page so all should know, please leave them below and we will get them answered.
Will also be doing a live AMA about the film sometime this next week in the evening for those that are interested.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: People of the Plant
NERDS!!!!!!
I'm so happy to see you here! Hope you're doing well!
I'm so happy to see you here! Hope you're doing well!
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: People of the Plant
I am doing a lot better. Sorry it took me so long to get in over here and took me posting about the film to start. I'll try to be somewhat active without annoying people with talk of cGMP and standards. Lol I'm more interested in hearing people's stories and making tea these days.herbalhippie wrote:NERDS!!!!!!
I'm so happy to see you here! Hope you're doing well!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: People of the Plant
Good, I'm glad you came out the other side ok. <3
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: People of the Plant
herbalhippie wrote:Good, I'm glad you came out the other side ok. <3
The need for a round 2 of chemo gave me a lot of time to think.
-
Thekid1420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am
Re: People of the Plant
Just pledged. Nerds video on how to make Kratom tea is still my go to method. Glad to see u are doing better and back in the game. Excited for this movie. Saw on another thread Nerds asking what u could do different from Leaf of Faith. Only recommendation I have is stay away from the head shop Kratom distributors. That one guy in leaf just seemed super sleazy to me.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: People of the Plant
Yeah I think that's what a lot of people were unhappy about with Leaf of Faith was the head shop Ice guy.
I mean to donate to this Kickstarter myself.
I mean to donate to this Kickstarter myself.
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: People of the Plant
Thekid1420 wrote:Just pledged. Nerds video on how to make Kratom tea is still my go to method. Glad to see u are doing better and back in the game. Excited for this movie. Saw on another thread Nerds asking what u could do different from Leaf of Faith. Only recommendation I have is stay away from the head shop Kratom distributors. That one guy in leaf just seemed super sleazy to me.
We dont intend to have any brands mentioned but we will likely go see several different vendor facilities in the US and overseas.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: People of the Plant
herbalhippie wrote:Yeah I think that's what a lot of people were unhappy about with Leaf of Faith was the head shop Ice guy.
I mean to donate to this Kickstarter myself.
this is what i thought exactly, and the lack of focus on the rest of the kratom community. not just pain patients, but addicts have benefited form this plant immensely. take me for instance, 10 years of opiate abuse from, pills in family medicine cabinet, to i.v. heroin, to prison, to subs, and finally kratom. has changed my life for the better and im sure countless others as well. kratom helped me turn my life around in a big way.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: People of the Plant
Sounds very good!NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Thekid1420 wrote:Just pledged. Nerds video on how to make Kratom tea is still my go to method. Glad to see u are doing better and back in the game. Excited for this movie. Saw on another thread Nerds asking what u could do different from Leaf of Faith. Only recommendation I have is stay away from the head shop Kratom distributors. That one guy in leaf just seemed super sleazy to me.
We dont intend to have any brands mentioned but we will likely go see several different vendor facilities in the US and overseas.
Can't give much sadly but I'm about to donate right now.
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: People of the Plant
Any and every donor is a part of this and we appreciate it greatly.herbalhippie wrote:
Sounds very good!
Can't give much sadly but I'm about to donate right now.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: People of the Plant
Good to see you! Lots to chat about, besides which vendor has the best Maeng Da... A real independent doc film would be great. There is SO much mis-information floating around.. as usual lol.NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:I'll try to be somewhat active without annoying people with talk of cGMP and standards. Lol I'm more interested in hearing people's stories and making tea these days.
I took chemo, Alpha Interferon, ten years ago.. Just had a heart operation this year.. Kratom has helped me to deal with medication' side effects, alleviate stress, and take the edge off depression. It's a fantastic discovery!! But we need to get through the endless BS surrounding this plant.. Not just FDA / DEA, but also, greed and profit motive are becoming a significant problem imho
I'll pass the word, best of luck with your Project. Please stick around for discussion!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: People of the Plant
Thank you Ballz.
-
Thekid1420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am
Re: People of the Plant
So the doc got cancelled??
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: People of the Plant
I got the email this morning and it made me sad. I had pledged to it.
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: People of the Plant
As of this morning we had to scuttle the film. I've had some life issues come up and will cause me to address that and may take a few months. Hopefully once I get life stable again and I can assure my attention on the Film and the Foundation that will follow I'll restart the idea.
I'm sorry this is happening, truly sorry. The nice part with kickstarter is everything is just pledged and no one is being charged for that.
I do so much appreciate the trust in me to tell the story of this community and I will eventually do just that.
Drew
I'm sorry this is happening, truly sorry. The nice part with kickstarter is everything is just pledged and no one is being charged for that.
I do so much appreciate the trust in me to tell the story of this community and I will eventually do just that.
Drew
-
Thekid1420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am
Re: People of the Plant
No worries Nerds get well first and foremost and come back whenever u feel is right.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: People of the Plant
Understood. Everyone has enjoyed your Youtube channel, Tea tutorial, and appearance in Leaf Of Faith.. You would have a good chance of success, at doing this project and raising the needed funds.
But definitely, take care of yourself !! A few months ago I had a sudden cardiac event, and wound up in hospital Intensive Care.. now, have recovered but I'm taking bunches of meds along with strict diet.
There are many, many, cases of people who beat the odds on cancer and stuff.. We need ya here man. Keep us posted!
But definitely, take care of yourself !! A few months ago I had a sudden cardiac event, and wound up in hospital Intensive Care.. now, have recovered but I'm taking bunches of meds along with strict diet.
There are many, many, cases of people who beat the odds on cancer and stuff.. We need ya here man. Keep us posted!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: People of the Plant
Drew, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family......
-
whatssocomplicated
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:29 pm
Re: People of the Plant
nerds, i'm so sorry for what you're going through...
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: People of the Plant
I'm sorry, Nerds. Hoping everything will be ok.
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: People of the Plant
Thanks everyone for the good vibes. We are working to sort out the mess that has happened, luckily this is not my health this time.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: People of the Plant
Oh well that's good anyway. I was wondering and worrying.NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Thanks everyone for the good vibes. We are working to sort out the mess that has happened, luckily this is not my health this time.
-
Kindashewantsto
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm
Re: People of the Plant
Thank you for the info and for fighting this fight! I am happy to see what you are doing, and hoping to help. Glad to see you around again!