Current SOSA Recommendations
-
daxodactyl
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am
Current SOSA Recommendations
I'm looking to buy a kilo from SOSA for the first time and was wondering if anyone has recommendations from the current stock. I know I already missed out on the Baik Bail unfortunately, but I'm looking for a mix of a couple mood-lifting strains, something energetic and something sleepy. Any advice is appreciated.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I'd like to know this too, all I've got from the recent shipment was Baik Bali and both "Golds", while I orderd more Baik, Golds are more of my wife's choice, I'm gonna rode a sample pack, maybe a couple of them. 
-
SuperRed_Cthulhu
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I'm getting some red sunda from them soon I'll come back to this after I try it out. Been a while since I had sosa but I loved their red sumatra and yellow maeng da back this spring. That was one of the best yellows I've gotten personally it was a middle of the road between fast and slow it's been a while so I don't remember the exact effects but, I'll do my best to explain this upcoming order.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I'm beating myself up for not ordering a lot more of that Baik Bali when I had the chance. Easily my favorite strain of the year so far.

-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Their Baik Bali is always a solid choice.
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Same hereherbalhippie wrote:I'm beating myself up for not ordering a lot more of that Baik Bali when I had the chance. Easily my favorite strain of the year so far.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Let us pray.conscious_conundrum wrote:Same hereherbalhippie wrote:I'm beating myself up for not ordering a lot more of that Baik Bali when I had the chance. Easily my favorite strain of the year so far.
. At least we know that he will be restocking it in a month.....fingers crossed it is as good (or better)
-
Bawli
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
The super green is extremely potent this batch!! I have yet to find the right dosage still, but is most certainly very strong.Bawli wrote:How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?
-
Kindashewantsto
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Bawli wrote:How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?
I'm getting a Green Vietnam in a few days, so I will definitely report back on this forum how I like it! I haven't tried their greens yet, but have had good luck with various whites and reds.
-
SuperRed_Cthulhu
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I got the red sunda and a sample of red borneo today both are great I haven't gotten to the by itself today yet but I'm gonna try it alone tomorrow. They mix great though, I'm amazed by the fresh taste of they're tea it's like freshly mowed grass lol I can sip on it without gagging.
The sunda is a good relaxing one good for pain and anxiety. I'm definitely gonna order more from them soon I wish I had gotten a sampler or just a few more strains to try out. I usually like socals red hulu, bali, thai red horn and zareena just to give an idea for anyone with similar tastes.
The sunda is a good relaxing one good for pain and anxiety. I'm definitely gonna order more from them soon I wish I had gotten a sampler or just a few more strains to try out. I usually like socals red hulu, bali, thai red horn and zareena just to give an idea for anyone with similar tastes.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I had the red Borneo yesterday afternoon, it was slower than his previous batch, still very euphoric.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Oh yeah I forgot I got the green Vietnam a couple weeks ago hahaha!! The GV is actually also a very good green.... Smooth, mild good mid to mid fast energy, pain relief, and great mood boost. ENJOY!Kindashewantsto wrote:Bawli wrote:How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?
I'm getting a Green Vietnam in a few days, so I will definitely report back on this forum how I like it! I haven't tried their greens yet, but have had good luck with various whites and reds.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Hey what would you compare the SoCal Thai Red Horn to?? Or how would you classify its effects in your opinion?SuperRed_Cthulhu wrote:I got the red sunda and a sample of red borneo today both are great I haven't gotten to the by itself today yet but I'm gonna try it alone tomorrow. They mix great though, I'm amazed by the fresh taste of they're tea it's like freshly mowed grass lol I can sip on it without gagging.
The sunda is a good relaxing one good for pain and anxiety. I'm definitely gonna order more from them soon I wish I had gotten a sampler or just a few more strains to try out. I usually like socals red hulu, bali, thai red horn and zareena just to give an idea for anyone with similar tastes.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Got a couple splits coming. Haven't seen many reviews so I just picked random string dried strains, hoping for something good since it's dry season. I did get red sunda, that was great a few months ago. My last purchase with them in May was pretty mediocre overall
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I tried the red Hulu Kapuas at work this morning, for me it was slow and relaxing, maybe I should have saved that one for the afternoon 
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
The white maeng da is good midspec white, not as fast as I usually like my whites, but the mood elevation/euphoria makes up for it.
-
SuperRed_Cthulhu
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
acejestyr15 wrote:Hey what would you compare the SoCal Thai Red Horn to?? Or how would you classify its effects in your opinion?SuperRed_Cthulhu wrote:I got the red sunda and a sample of red borneo today both are great I haven't gotten to the by itself today yet but I'm gonna try it alone tomorrow. They mix great though, I'm amazed by the fresh taste of they're tea it's like freshly mowed grass lol I can sip on it without gagging.
The sunda is a good relaxing one good for pain and anxiety. I'm definitely gonna order more from them soon I wish I had gotten a sampler or just a few more strains to try out. I usually like socals red hulu, bali, thai red horn and zareena just to give an idea for anyone with similar tastes.
Hm this last one reminded me of a good red bali 2 from them, the last years reminded me of green horn or green sumatra they had last year it was definitely a faster good daytime red. My tolerance was pretty high tho my last time trying this springs thai red horn cause I was and still am taking it for pain from an injury. I wish I had some saved my tolerance is low enough to get a better idea. It's usually a good daytime imo but it was good for watching movies or playing games too.
Last edited by SuperRed_Cthulhu on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
daxodactyl
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
That's great to hear, I appreciate a good mood elevating white. I'll add it to the listbeathappening wrote:The white maeng da is good midspec white, not as fast as I usually like my whites, but the mood elevation/euphoria makes up for it.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
daxodactyl wrote:That's great to hear, I appreciate a good mood elevating white. I'll add it to the listbeathappening wrote:The white maeng da is good midspec white, not as fast as I usually like my whites, but the mood elevation/euphoria makes up for it.
Is the WMD as good as the batch from May, I love THAT one.
-
Kindashewantsto
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.
Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I just took the Red Indo myself....sounds good to me!Kindashewantsto wrote:Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.
Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
-
Crunch
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
- Location: Missouri
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
How was the Red Jungle?Kindashewantsto wrote:Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.
Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
-
Kindashewantsto
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
Crunch wrote:How was the Red Jungle?Kindashewantsto wrote:Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.
Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
So when I tried it the other day, I ate a huuuge meal right after. That said, I still felt it and my pain didn't come creeping back for a good 6 hours! Had some long legs in my case!
Just drank some more, not too hungry so Ill let you know how the empty stomache test feels!
-
Kindashewantsto
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm
Re: Current SOSA Recommendations
I can safely recommend the Sosa Red Jungle!!
It is pain relieving (what I mainly want from kratom, so I'm happy about that) and euphoric. Lasts a long time. This would be a perfect day time red. It is not sedating, and is slightly fast. Paired with a fast green or white, it would be a wonderful morning pick me up!
That said, it isn't stimulating. I could still take it at night and pair with some weed and fall asleep. I'm glad I went ahead and ordered the 100 gms.
It is pain relieving (what I mainly want from kratom, so I'm happy about that) and euphoric. Lasts a long time. This would be a perfect day time red. It is not sedating, and is slightly fast. Paired with a fast green or white, it would be a wonderful morning pick me up!
That said, it isn't stimulating. I could still take it at night and pair with some weed and fall asleep. I'm glad I went ahead and ordered the 100 gms.