Current SOSA Recommendations

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
daxodactyl
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by daxodactyl »

I'm looking to buy a kilo from SOSA for the first time and was wondering if anyone has recommendations from the current stock. I know I already missed out on the Baik Bail unfortunately, but I'm looking for a mix of a couple mood-lifting strains, something energetic and something sleepy. Any advice is appreciated.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by CatfatherB »

I'd like to know this too, all I've got from the recent shipment was Baik Bali and both "Golds", while I orderd more Baik, Golds are more of my wife's choice, I'm gonna rode a sample pack, maybe a couple of them. :ugeek:
SuperRed_Cthulhu
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by SuperRed_Cthulhu »

I'm getting some red sunda from them soon I'll come back to this after I try it out. Been a while since I had sosa but I loved their red sumatra and yellow maeng da back this spring. That was one of the best yellows I've gotten personally it was a middle of the road between fast and slow it's been a while so I don't remember the exact effects but, I'll do my best to explain this upcoming order.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by herbalhippie »

I'm beating myself up for not ordering a lot more of that Baik Bali when I had the chance. Easily my favorite strain of the year so far.

:cry:
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by fusedflora »

Their Baik Bali is always a solid choice.
conscious_conundrum
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by conscious_conundrum »

herbalhippie wrote:I'm beating myself up for not ordering a lot more of that Baik Bali when I had the chance. Easily my favorite strain of the year so far.

:cry:
Same here :( . At least we know that he will be restocking it in a month.....fingers crossed it is as good (or better) ;)
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by herbalhippie »

conscious_conundrum wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I'm beating myself up for not ordering a lot more of that Baik Bali when I had the chance. Easily my favorite strain of the year so far.

:cry:
Same here :( . At least we know that he will be restocking it in a month.....fingers crossed it is as good (or better) ;)
Let us pray.

:lol:
Bawli
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by Bawli »

How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by acejestyr15 »

Bawli wrote:How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?
The super green is extremely potent this batch!! I have yet to find the right dosage still, but is most certainly very strong.
Kindashewantsto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by Kindashewantsto »

Bawli wrote:How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?

I'm getting a Green Vietnam in a few days, so I will definitely report back on this forum how I like it! I haven't tried their greens yet, but have had good luck with various whites and reds.
SuperRed_Cthulhu
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by SuperRed_Cthulhu »

I got the red sunda and a sample of red borneo today both are great I haven't gotten to the by itself today yet but I'm gonna try it alone tomorrow. They mix great though, I'm amazed by the fresh taste of they're tea it's like freshly mowed grass lol I can sip on it without gagging.

The sunda is a good relaxing one good for pain and anxiety. I'm definitely gonna order more from them soon I wish I had gotten a sampler or just a few more strains to try out. I usually like socals red hulu, bali, thai red horn and zareena just to give an idea for anyone with similar tastes.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by CatfatherB »

I had the red Borneo yesterday afternoon, it was slower than his previous batch, still very euphoric.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by acejestyr15 »

Kindashewantsto wrote:
Bawli wrote:How about his greens? Any stand out in this batch?

I'm getting a Green Vietnam in a few days, so I will definitely report back on this forum how I like it! I haven't tried their greens yet, but have had good luck with various whites and reds.
Oh yeah I forgot I got the green Vietnam a couple weeks ago hahaha!! The GV is actually also a very good green.... Smooth, mild good mid to mid fast energy, pain relief, and great mood boost. ENJOY!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by acejestyr15 »

SuperRed_Cthulhu wrote:I got the red sunda and a sample of red borneo today both are great I haven't gotten to the by itself today yet but I'm gonna try it alone tomorrow. They mix great though, I'm amazed by the fresh taste of they're tea it's like freshly mowed grass lol I can sip on it without gagging.

The sunda is a good relaxing one good for pain and anxiety. I'm definitely gonna order more from them soon I wish I had gotten a sampler or just a few more strains to try out. I usually like socals red hulu, bali, thai red horn and zareena just to give an idea for anyone with similar tastes.
Hey what would you compare the SoCal Thai Red Horn to?? Or how would you classify its effects in your opinion?
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by beathappening »

Got a couple splits coming. Haven't seen many reviews so I just picked random string dried strains, hoping for something good since it's dry season. I did get red sunda, that was great a few months ago. My last purchase with them in May was pretty mediocre overall
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by CatfatherB »

I tried the red Hulu Kapuas at work this morning, for me it was slow and relaxing, maybe I should have saved that one for the afternoon 8-)
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by beathappening »

The white maeng da is good midspec white, not as fast as I usually like my whites, but the mood elevation/euphoria makes up for it.
SuperRed_Cthulhu
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by SuperRed_Cthulhu »

acejestyr15 wrote:
SuperRed_Cthulhu wrote:I got the red sunda and a sample of red borneo today both are great I haven't gotten to the by itself today yet but I'm gonna try it alone tomorrow. They mix great though, I'm amazed by the fresh taste of they're tea it's like freshly mowed grass lol I can sip on it without gagging.

The sunda is a good relaxing one good for pain and anxiety. I'm definitely gonna order more from them soon I wish I had gotten a sampler or just a few more strains to try out. I usually like socals red hulu, bali, thai red horn and zareena just to give an idea for anyone with similar tastes.
Hey what would you compare the SoCal Thai Red Horn to?? Or how would you classify its effects in your opinion?

Hm this last one reminded me of a good red bali 2 from them, the last years reminded me of green horn or green sumatra they had last year it was definitely a faster good daytime red. My tolerance was pretty high tho my last time trying this springs thai red horn cause I was and still am taking it for pain from an injury. I wish I had some saved my tolerance is low enough to get a better idea. It's usually a good daytime imo but it was good for watching movies or playing games too.
Last edited by SuperRed_Cthulhu on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daxodactyl
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by daxodactyl »

beathappening wrote:The white maeng da is good midspec white, not as fast as I usually like my whites, but the mood elevation/euphoria makes up for it.
That's great to hear, I appreciate a good mood elevating white. I'll add it to the list :)
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by CatfatherB »

daxodactyl wrote:
beathappening wrote:The white maeng da is good midspec white, not as fast as I usually like my whites, but the mood elevation/euphoria makes up for it.
That's great to hear, I appreciate a good mood elevating white. I'll add it to the list :)



Is the WMD as good as the batch from May, I love THAT one. :shock:
Kindashewantsto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by Kindashewantsto »

Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.

Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
conscious_conundrum
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by conscious_conundrum »

Kindashewantsto wrote:Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.

Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
I just took the Red Indo myself....sounds good to me!
Crunch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by Crunch »

Kindashewantsto wrote:Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.

Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
How was the Red Jungle?
Kindashewantsto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by Kindashewantsto »

Crunch wrote:
Kindashewantsto wrote:Their Red Indo was really nice for me. It had my pain reduced, and very relaxing. Not necessarily sedating but I could easily fall asleep on it or if I pair it with coffee stay awake.

Very warming and euphoric! I just tried the Red Jungle a few mins ago, I'll update with how that goes!
How was the Red Jungle?

So when I tried it the other day, I ate a huuuge meal right after. That said, I still felt it and my pain didn't come creeping back for a good 6 hours! Had some long legs in my case!

Just drank some more, not too hungry so Ill let you know how the empty stomache test feels!
Kindashewantsto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Re: Current SOSA Recommendations

Post by Kindashewantsto »

I can safely recommend the Sosa Red Jungle!!

It is pain relieving (what I mainly want from kratom, so I'm happy about that) and euphoric. Lasts a long time. This would be a perfect day time red. It is not sedating, and is slightly fast. Paired with a fast green or white, it would be a wonderful morning pick me up!

That said, it isn't stimulating. I could still take it at night and pair with some weed and fall asleep. I'm glad I went ahead and ordered the 100 gms.
Post Reply