Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
Excited to finally be growing Kratom. Got some cuttings(and a few seed pods) from LabDog and they rooted very well. Couple weeks later and they are already throwing up some new little leaves. If everyone grew a few even smaller ones should they ever ban it we absolutly could overwhelm the country with cuttings. Labdog is our own Johnny Kratomseed.
https://imgur.com/gallery/JdDVz5g
https://imgur.com/gallery/JdDVz5g
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
is there a guide on how to care for these plants? I live in kansas and its very humid here in the summer so i feel it would be a good environment. but i know next to nothing about caring for plants 
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
IF I still lived in South Florida... I'd be growing 'em like crazy!
. Now up near Seattle.. not so much. Probably not here. 
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
I'm in upstate NY and do not have a greenhouse. Could a tree even survive, given the limitations of my climate? It is also one of the cloudiest cities in the US. I can't see it by well...
The Red Queen
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
No, too cold, only texas, so cal, hawaii, and so fl it could grow, but still would need to do a lot to the soil.WhiteAngelica wrote:I'm in upstate NY and do not have a greenhouse. Could a tree even survive, given the limitations of my climate? It is also one of the cloudiest cities in the US. I can't see it by well...
You could use a grow tent, but kratom will quickly outgrow one.
-
NerdsTakeOnTheWorld
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am
- Location: Washington DC
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
WhiteAngelica wrote:I'm in upstate NY and do not have a greenhouse. Could a tree even survive, given the limitations of my climate? It is also one of the cloudiest cities in the US. I can't see it by well...
Kratom trees in a pot. If it grows too large top it so it keeps it shorter. You can put it outside in the warm months and keep it indoors with light in the cooler periods.
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
I live in Oregon so I don't think a tree would like it here. BUT have a couple of really good friends who moved to big Island Hawaii and they have 5 acres. They do not know what kratom is really, but suggesting that they grow some trees has been heavy on my mind.
-
SidTheKid
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 pm
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
I have one I'm growing in an air-pot and it is growing nicely. I got it as a rooted cutting about 6 months ago and it went from a little 4-6" plant and it now has a huge trunk and is a few feet tall in a 15 gallon pot. I keep cutting it back or else it would be a lot bigger. I'm gonna try rooting cuttings. I live in Palm Beach County, Fl Zone 10b so we never get freezes, at least as far east as I am. I think this tree really wants to grow more, I may try putting it in a 25 gallon pot next. If you have never tried root pruning pots I would suggest to get a few.
- labdog03
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
Thanks for the kind words Nerds...those look really nice already...I have FOUR Trees left if anyone wants one...I have a half dozen larger, already potted and growing trees for anyone close to the Pensacola, Florida area. They are nearly a foot tall already.NerdsTakeOnTheWorld wrote:Excited to finally be growing Kratom. Got some cuttings(and a few seed pods) from LabDog and they rooted very well. Couple weeks later and they are already throwing up some new little leaves. If everyone grew a few even smaller ones should they ever ban it we absolutly could overwhelm the country with cuttings. Labdog is our own Johnny Kratomseed.
https://imgur.com/gallery/JdDVz5g
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
Since I cannot have a Kratom Tree-lette on my own, I volunteer to Godmother one of your trees in a more habitable climate.
I wish someone would just drop me off in a forest of Kratom and leave me there. I would do nothing useful, just cling to a Speciosa trunk and propose marriage to it or something. It would be like visiting the holy-land. I’m down for a pilgrimage.
I really would like to go to Indonesia and lovingly stroke the trees, maybe create an outfit out of Elephant leaf or something. Some people have religion, some people have this.
MitrAMEN
I wish someone would just drop me off in a forest of Kratom and leave me there. I would do nothing useful, just cling to a Speciosa trunk and propose marriage to it or something. It would be like visiting the holy-land. I’m down for a pilgrimage.
I really would like to go to Indonesia and lovingly stroke the trees, maybe create an outfit out of Elephant leaf or something. Some people have religion, some people have this.
MitrAMEN
The Red Queen
-
Lambeezy
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
LmaoWhiteAngelica wrote:Since I cannot have a Kratom Tree-lette on my own, I volunteer to Godmother one of your trees in a more habitable climate.
I wish someone would just drop me off in a forest of Kratom and leave me there. I would do nothing useful, just cling to a Speciosa trunk and propose marriage to it or something. It would be like visiting the holy-land. I’m down for a pilgrimage.
I really would like to go to Indonesia and lovingly stroke the trees, maybe create an outfit out of Elephant leaf or something. Some people have religion, some people have this.
MitrAMEN
-
BurntEnds
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 241
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am
Re: Kratom trees, everyone needs to grow a few
You're entertainingWhiteAngelica wrote:Since I cannot have a Kratom Tree-lette on my own, I volunteer to Godmother one of your trees in a more habitable climate.
I wish someone would just drop me off in a forest of Kratom and leave me there. I would do nothing useful, just cling to a Speciosa trunk and propose marriage to it or something. It would be like visiting the holy-land. I’m down for a pilgrimage.
I really would like to go to Indonesia and lovingly stroke the trees, maybe create an outfit out of Elephant leaf or something. Some people have religion, some people have this.
MitrAMEN