Looking for some guidance from everyone

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
AnonScoob
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:54 pm
Location: Cali

Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by AnonScoob »

Looking to use Kratom to help with an upcoming opiate detox that I am about to do and I was curious since I have never purchased Kratom online before and have only done it once and that time was around a year ago where i bought it from a head shop.

What i bought from the head shop was this liquid vial that had "concentrated" liquid of sort sort and was called something like 36x or something like that.. Honestly it wasnt a very pleasant experience and from what i can gather from the research ive done online i have a feeling it must of been a white kratom of some kind because it honestly just gave me this really funny and weird head space where i felt like i had taken a few adderall and hadnt eaten or drank anything all day and was on the come down just feeling cracked out beyond belief haha..

So whatever it was im not trying to feel like that again to say the least..

Thats why i thought i would get on here and ask you all what the best place currently to buy Kratom would be and if you have any recommendations as the the strain or strains I should get or try..

I had planned on purchasing some red of some kind after reading the way that is supposed to make you feel but i would also be interested to try something else as well that may be a little more stimulating i just dont want to get that cracked out feeling again..

Also do you all recommend taking it as a tea or just taking the powder with some juice or something or whats the best way you think for a beginner?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend

I am looking forward to your alls replys

Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by herbalhippie »

I'll get back to you when I get home from work in about an hour but I'm sure you'll have other comments by then
User avatar
AnonScoob
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:54 pm
Location: Cali

Re: Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by AnonScoob »

herbalhippie wrote:I'll get back to you when I get home from work in about an hour but I'm sure you'll have other comments by then


Thanks!

Looking forward to it :mrgreen:
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by fusedflora »

You likely had too much. Extract is strong and if 36-1 then it was about more than you needed.

Opiates are a mofo and hard to taper from. But yes, reds are usually the way to go to help the most. Red Bali and Hulu are always a solid choice. They're not overly tiring. If at night, maybe you want that feeling, so go with a Bentuangie or a super red and pass out.

As a beginner, mixing with OJ or chocolate milk is usually best. Tea and simmering water can make it more powerful, so usually don't advise that to new users. And using the right cheese cloth to strain can be a pain. Toss and wash is always an option, but if you don't like the taste, OJ is great, and it potentiates it a bit, er makes it more potent.

Usually I recommend 3g to start, but that really depends on if you're still using other things too. If using other stuff you need to stop as it can be dangerous, but most start with 1g and taper everything as you increase kratom by 1g a day on doses. Recognize that everyone is different and kratom strains are different, so you might have to get up to 5g to feel the same effects as me at 3g. You'll just have to play with your doses a bit to find out.

There's a lot of great vendors out there, one thing is common though, online is always better than headshot stuff. Headshops often cut their stuff or sell crappy leaf for outrageous prices. You can check my site, fuskedflora.com to get an idea of what to expect. I'd be happy to discuss what I think my strains are that can help and I'll hook you up, so feel free to PM me. Either way, check out the "About Us," section to help you understand a bit about kratom and strains.

Anyways, I hope this helps.
Last edited by fusedflora on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kaidensmom
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by Kaidensmom »

I'm not good at posting links on here, but if you go over to the general kratom discussion section, you'll find a link to the vendor list that Ballz puts together every few months.

My suggestion would probably be a sampler pack from liza's best botanicals. She has a large selection, ships fast, and she's super helpful. Also, there are strain reviews on her site.

The main thing is you're going to want as much variety as possible to start out with, so that you can experiment and find what works best for you.
Crunch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by Crunch »

Chances are that you will come across a strain or two that just doesn't really work for you so I agree that variety is key when you're first starting out. As stated above... be sure to grab yourself at least one strain of something really slow and sleepy like a bentuangie strain so that you're able to get some sleep at night.

Without knowing the types/amounts of opiates that you're on it's difficult to say how much kratom you should dose when starting out, but when I made the jump I used 4-5 grams every 3.5 to 4 hours. This seemed to work pretty well, and I was able to get my dosage down fairly easily overtime.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Download or just Read, the Reddit Guide "From Opiates To Kratom".. LINK below. Covers a lot of good ideas. Its a Step by Step program, but you can use some or part whatever works.. Main thing is have a PLAN, for the detox.. have your kratom, food in the fridge, etc.

You'll need to take some BIG doses of kratom, I'd always recommend: Mix and Chug. Powder kratom will mix in OJ, especially letting it sit for 1 Hour in the fridge in OJ, the powder will soften up and mix. Get 1 of those little MiO water flavor squirts.. to cover taste. :P

Reddit Guide - https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comment ... e_guide_i/
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Looking for some guidance from everyone

Post by herbalhippie »

AnonScoob wrote:
I had planned on purchasing some red of some kind after reading the way that is supposed to make you feel but i would also be interested to try something else as well that may be a little more stimulating i just dont want to get that cracked out feeling again..

Also do you all recommend taking it as a tea or just taking the powder with some juice or something or whats the best way you think for a beginner?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you all had a wonderful weekend

I am looking forward to your alls replys

Thanks!

I would suggest reds although I saw someone on another thread say that whites and greens were better for him when he was detoxing.

Did you see the other thread? There's some good info in there.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3528
Post Reply