Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by RumRunner »

I have a stockpile and then some. I tell myself I don’t need any, but go and buy some more.
I rationalize it........
It’s fire, I need more. May not be around much longer.
The Indo ban is coming.
My go-to seller is 20% off

I know I’m not the only one .
Be honest.
Lambeezy
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Lambeezy »

Yes and it got worse when I joined this forum
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by CatfatherB »

RumRunner wrote:I have a stockpile and then some. I tell myself I don’t need any, but go and buy some more.
I rationalize it........
It’s fire, I need more. May not be around much longer.
The Indo ban is coming.
My go-to seller is 20% off

I know I’m not the only one .
Be honest.
Indo ain't banning it anytime soon, could be more local and State bans though.
lavender
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by lavender »

ha ha :lol: are you talking about me???
instantKARMA
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by instantKARMA »

No addiction here, I literally have 50+ kilos in my stash and I'm still buying! :roll:
Seriously!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by herbalhippie »

I just filled my tenth bin and each bin holds about 6 kilos I think. :?
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Quercus »

Lambeezy wrote:Yes and it got worse when I joined this forum
:lol: Same here!
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by RumRunner »

herbalhippie wrote:I just filled my tenth bin and each bin holds about 6 kilos I think. :?
Is there a point where enough is enough?
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by CatfatherB »

I think we're fine,guys :roll:
There's a difference in dependence and addiction :?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by herbalhippie »

RumRunner wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I just filled my tenth bin and each bin holds about 6 kilos I think. :?
Is there a point where enough is enough?
Maybe. :?
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by FireK »

Yep guilty! U selling anything? lol
Ezriderx2x
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Ezriderx2x »

My name is Ezrider and it has been 0 days since my last purchase
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by jabro70 »

Yeah, I think KBD is pretty rampant around here. I’ve got it bad.
RumRunner wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I just filled my tenth bin and each bin holds about 6 kilos I think. :?
Is there a point where enough is enough?
Yes! (But the math involved is staggering) :lol:
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by CatfatherB »

Ezriderx2x wrote:My name is Ezrider and it has been 0 days since my last purchase
:lol:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by herbalhippie »

jabro70 wrote:Yeah, I think KBD is pretty rampant around here. I’ve got it bad.
RumRunner wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I just filled my tenth bin and each bin holds about 6 kilos I think. :?
Is there a point where enough is enough?
Yes! (But the math involved is staggering) :lol:
:lol:
Crunch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Crunch »

RumRunner wrote:I have a stockpile and then some. I tell myself I don’t need any, but go and buy some more.
I rationalize it........
It’s fire, I need more. May not be around much longer.
The Indo ban is coming.
My go-to seller is 20% off

I know I’m not the only one .
Be honest.
I knew I wasn't the only one :lol:

Been on a buying spree lately that has led to so much new kratom it'll take me months to try it all :shock:
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by pray4peace4 »

When the FDA effectively stops all shipments into the US, you guys & gals will be the only remaining source inside the country. You can charge whatever you want. So keep buying. You're saving America.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by herbalhippie »

pray4peace4 wrote:When the FDA effectively stops all shipments into the US, you guys & gals will be the only remaining source inside the country. You can charge whatever you want. So keep buying. You're saving America.

That's all I needed to hear.

Click click click thank you for your order!

:D :lol:
JHole
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:27 am
Location: IA

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by JHole »

FireK wrote:Yep guilty! U selling anything? lol
Lmfao!!
Yea, I keep telling myself I'm done. My wife doesn't even say anything anymore. Then I think well shit I spent way more money on pain pills. What's another $100. It ain't gonna go bad. Lol
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by KurtisCards »

I always tell myself i need to stock up in case of a ban, but I don't think i could buy enough to last the rest of my life (Currently 29) So i'm shooting to just always have enough to do a crazy slow taper haha
Klubbs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Klubbs »

After I joined this group, I learned to stock up when there is good leaf going around. Therefore, I became addicted to buying haha
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by WhiteAngelica »

I had a major buying addiction and so I started to sell my stash and it became a sellinh addiction instead! Both make me happy. I sold off my late 2017 collectioj, which cost me around 5k. It was a time of panic buying; every day it was rumored that a ban was immediately forthcoming.

Unfortunately, it was the last of the money I'd saved while working and now I'm living on disability, barely able and sometimes unable--to get the kratom I buy on the 1st of the month to last the rest of the month. Since I take it for the chronic pain that comes as a result of my rare congenital disease that no one has ever heard of, if I run out before the first of the next month, I can't even function.

Addicted to buying it, selling it, reading about it via the forums--all of it. I mean, it is a passion of mine, an interest and a political stance--but as someone who has regularly enjoyed kratom for about 7 years and having moved from riches (not really, but you know) to rags, I want to try new things and diversify my collection. Hell, I want to even have a collection and if I could, I would have orders coming in all the time. Being chronically ill sucks, but I feel better shopping for, purchasing, and the moment USPS notes that it has been delivered. It adds light to a situation that blows. I have to budget how much I order and from whom, so it does limit my options.

Do I wish I didn't sell my panic room stash? Definitely not all of it, but I was addicted to the process of selling it and stupidly saved none.

I am always now tryong to see if I can cram some extra kratom into my already stringent budget. Now I collect wishlists for myself and window shop. When the holidays hit, I will only ask for Kratom. It honestly makes me happier than anything else right now. If I got anothet 5K, I would spend at least half on kratom and then make sure the lights stayed on and the landlord was satiated. If I had a credit card, I'd be purchasing left and right. There are merchants I can no longer afford but I'd like to revisit them, but hell, now my orders are a bit smaller than my 24/7 chronic pain. I would actually take the opiods if I ran out, but that isn't an option. I have to make it last and usually stick to reds because they help the pain the most, but I love Yellow Vietnam and SuperGreen #3 and Green Monster...

But I am greedy.
I am also addicted to purchasing.
I don't feel guilty.
I find it totally justifiable. Some people spend their money on tech gadgets and cars and symbols of status. Mine is on the best plant in the universe. And when I run out at the end of the month and then make an order on the 1st of the month, I am so excited that I could nearly pee myself.
I wouldn't feel bad about that, either. It would be 'the pee of joy'. Luckily, I can wait and when it does arrive, I have more gratitude than I've ever known.

WhiteAngelica is longwinded as hell!
The Red Queen
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by WhiteAngelica »

ps, if anyone is feeling charitable or is selling stuff discount, I'm an interested gimp & totally down. I am no kratom beggar, but I'm the kratomite equivalent of a middle aged stay at home with her thick & messy clippings of coupons holding up the supermarket line. Only here there is no line, except the financial one I begrudgingly draw in the sand.

People's stash pictures = my pornography. I LOVE THEM.
The Red Queen
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by fusedflora »

RumRunner wrote:I have a stockpile and then some. I tell myself I don’t need any, but go and buy some more.
I rationalize it........
It’s fire, I need more. May not be around much longer.
The Indo ban is coming.
My go-to seller is 20% off

I know I’m not the only one .
Be honest.
I think it happens to us all, hard to not with potential bans and inconsistency sometimes. I have quite a bit too.
User avatar
su9861
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Location: Pittsburgh Pa
Contact:

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by su9861 »

Not an addiction....more like an obsession? ( from the other side of the planet )

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ItZ4AFlo7Ps/U ... sie-95.JPG
Tiggermanscrat
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:06 am
Location: Georgia USA

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Tiggermanscrat »

Ezriderx2x wrote:My name is Ezrider and it has been 0 days since my last purchase
Go Ezrider! We're so proud of you. :D

One day at a time. :o

I can only aspire to go that long. :lol:
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Payshince »

Yes .
- Payshince
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Payshince »

Ezriderx2x wrote:My name is Ezrider and it has been 0 days since my last purchase
That’s hilarious :lol:
Soo true too

Best addiction I have tho!
;)
- Payshince
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by CatfatherB »

su9861 wrote:Not an addiction....more like an obsession? ( from the other side of the planet )

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ItZ4AFlo7Ps/U ... sie-95.JPG


:lol: nice junk dude ;) I think I'd do more "fluffing" first :?
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by Quercus »

WhiteAngelica wrote:ps, if anyone is feeling charitable or is selling stuff discount, I'm an interested gimp & totally down. I am no kratom beggar, but I'm the kratomite equivalent of a middle aged stay at home with her thick & messy clippings of coupons holding up the supermarket line. Only here there is no line, except the financial one I begrudgingly draw in the sand.

People's stash pictures = my pornography. I LOVE THEM.
Sending you a PM :)
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Anyone else have a buying addiction?

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Yes I cant get enough and since my hubby's 110 percent behind this "collection "I have no guilt plus you just never know what's going to happen.So whenever I find something I like I buy twice as much.
Post Reply