What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
itgiawa
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:09 pm

What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by itgiawa »

I've been burning Maenga Da 12, Gold, Red Bali, Yellow, Green Jongkong from Botanical Bunny for a while now. Its kinda average. Before the 2017 scare I used to get this amazing stuff from some guy in texas. I cant remember his name. But on his website he had pictures of himself with the plants and to order you had to email him or call him personally. Does anyone know who he is by any chance?
Since I cant find him, I'm looking for comparable stuff. I read on here that K-OG was good, can anyone recommend a strain to try?
Thanks!
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Pete2000 »

I ordered green melawi, red melawi and md ultra back in May. Enjoyed the melawi's, but the md ultra was a standout for me. It's a blend of greens and whites. Really nice mood lift and fairly long lasting.

They're member only and site says not accepting new customers. Might try reaching out to them if you hadn't ordered before.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by herbalhippie »

Pete2000 wrote:I ordered green melawi, red melawi and md ultra back in May. Enjoyed the melawi's, but the md ultra was a standout for me. It's a blend of greens and whites. Really nice mood lift and fairly long lasting.

They're member only and site says not accepting new customers. Might try reaching out to them if you hadn't ordered before.
They opened up to new customers a while back. Did they shut down again?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3285&hilit=Excellent+news
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Pete2000 »

Not sure. Website says they're not accepting new customers but maybe it's not updated. Maybe Harry or Madison can answer.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by herbalhippie »

Pete2000 wrote:Not sure. Website says they're not accepting new customers but maybe it's not updated. Maybe Harry or Madison can answer.
See the email addy in my OP in the link. I'd try that for an answer.
Kirkland
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Kirkland »

Current batch items try:

OG green maeng da
Kalbar premium
MD Ultra
Malaysian Jambu

But really, everything they have is great. Especially the exotic items, it has a different feel to it compared to indo leaf. It tastes so fresh too.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by acejestyr15 »

Kirkland wrote:Current batch items try:

OG green maeng da
Kalbar premium
MD Ultra
Malaysian Jambu

But really, everything they have is great. Especially the exotic items, it has a different feel to it compared to indo leaf. It tastes so fresh too.
What would you classify this "different feel" as?? I've only tried their regular strains and only recently been having better luck with KOG. But, I'm very interested in the Malaysian Elephant, Malaysian Jambu, and Red Thailand!!!
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Payshince »

For one all the Real Thailand and Real Malaysian they have a “spiciness” to them. They smell good and like bbq chips lol. They really do.
Not just the new batches but the older Thai & Malay as well.
Great grind too and a slight yellowish tint to them.
- Payshince
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Payshince »

LOTs of good and great K-OG choices!

Green Thailand - pricier*
Green Malaysian - pricier*
Dark Elephant - (DE) red vein w/ a green look
Red Aceh
Plantation Red Hulu
Green Bota
Green Mountain

And many many more.
- Payshince
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Quercus »

For those who like fast whites, KOG's Pink Aceh might be just the thing. I tried it on a whim, despite the lack of reviews here or on the site. I figured since KOG's White Aceh and Red Aceh were so excellent that it was worth a try. Whoa!!! :o I was amazed how good it is! I'm not sure if it qualifies as euphoric but I am always super cheerful and motivated when I take it. It cuts through brain fog, too. In terms of pain-relief, it does help with small aches and pains but I can't speak to its effectiveness on severe pain.

Potency: 10/10
Euphoria: 8/10
Energy: 10/10
Alertness: 10/10
Duration: 8/10
Pain Relief: 5/10
Flysonsyd
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:20 am

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Flysonsyd »

Payshince wrote:For one all the Real Thailand and Real Malaysian they have a “spiciness” to them. They smell good and like bbq chips lol. They really do.
Not just the new batches but the older Thai & Malay as well.
Great grind too and a slight yellowish tint to them.

Im thinking of buying some real thai or Malaysian, however im afraid that it will be too speedy and give me tension headaches. What are the characteristics of the burn of each of these strains? Speedy whites give me migraines / tension headaches.
Kirkland
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Re: What should I try from Kartom-OG?

Post by Kirkland »

Flysonsyd wrote:
Payshince wrote:For one all the Real Thailand and Real Malaysian they have a “spiciness” to them. They smell good and like bbq chips lol. They really do.
Not just the new batches but the older Thai & Malay as well.
Great grind too and a slight yellowish tint to them.

Im thinking of buying some real thai or Malaysian, however im afraid that it will be too speedy and give me tension headaches. What are the characteristics of the burn of each of these strains? Speedy whites give me migraines / tension headaches.

I haven’t tested the Malay, but the thai batch that I got, for me, was pretty slow. It actually knocked me out after about an hour, consistently each time after taking it. It wasn’t this overpowering allmighty strain, but it was pretty good. The weirdest part is that it got more effective each time I took it, with it needing about 4-5 Times before I really felt that it’s effects were something quantifiable. I love the taste of it and its moistness. It makes me feel “normal” and I love it. It’s not like a warmness or strong euphoria that other strains have, but it was this baseline normal that I hadn’t felt with another strain. I am sure it’s just me having an off chemistry. Full disclosure, I also need to take a good tolerance break that I feel might influence its effects on me.
Post Reply