Taper experiences?
-
Drewbie
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 pm
Taper experiences?
I've been using Kratom for a little more then 2 years now, daily. I'm at about 12-14g per day. I am currently trying a taper because:
1- I havn't been feeling much lately, from most vendors and strains
2- I want to be able to have space between doses where I don't start to feel uncomfortable.
I have a habit of taking small doses throughout the day. 4g in the morning, then 1 or 2 doses of 1g, then another 3g late afternoon, and usually once more 3g around 6-7pm.
I am currently trying to only dose 3x per day to start, spaced about 4-5 hours apart, with the same total amount. So I'm looking to dose 4G 3x a day, without the little inbetween doses. First 2 days I actually found this a little difficult, even though I'm taking the same total amount.
Has anyone played around with the time inbetween doses? I am hoping once this feels normal to then either drop the total amount taken, or keep increasing the space inbetween doses and only take 2 doses a day for example. What are your thoughts, experiences? Thanks!!
1- I havn't been feeling much lately, from most vendors and strains
2- I want to be able to have space between doses where I don't start to feel uncomfortable.
I have a habit of taking small doses throughout the day. 4g in the morning, then 1 or 2 doses of 1g, then another 3g late afternoon, and usually once more 3g around 6-7pm.
I am currently trying to only dose 3x per day to start, spaced about 4-5 hours apart, with the same total amount. So I'm looking to dose 4G 3x a day, without the little inbetween doses. First 2 days I actually found this a little difficult, even though I'm taking the same total amount.
Has anyone played around with the time inbetween doses? I am hoping once this feels normal to then either drop the total amount taken, or keep increasing the space inbetween doses and only take 2 doses a day for example. What are your thoughts, experiences? Thanks!!
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Taper experiences?
I'm a heavy doser, I take a dose between 6-8 grams a dose, my doses last around 4 hours, I dose again after 6-7-8 hours around the same amount, I like to keep a lot of time between my last dose of the day till the first dose the next morning, 16-17 hours preferably, this has been working for me.
What matters is how long you go before you redose, that's what makes YOUR dose work for you!!
What matters is how long you go before you redose, that's what makes YOUR dose work for you!!
Last edited by CatfatherB on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Drewbie
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 pm
Re: Taper experiences?
CatfatherB wrote:I'm a heavy doser, I take a dose between 6-8 grams a day, my doses last around 4 hours, I dose again after 6-7-8 hours around the same amount, I like to keep a lot of time between my last dose of the day till the first dose the next morning, 16-17 hours preferably, this has been working for me.
What matters is how long you go before you redose, that's what makes YOUR dose work for you!!
Thank you!
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Taper experiences?
Not a problem, if you can stop taking those 1 gram doses throughout the day, your 4 gram doses will feel so much better to ya, and the better that dose is, the longer you'll be able to wait for it, ime. 
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Taper experiences?
Agree with cat, space your day doses at least six hours a part for best results. And wait a good 12 hours between your evening dose and the next morning's.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Taper experiences?
Hey I edited my post, cuz I originally said 6-8 grams a day, I meant to type 6-8 grams a dose.
Sorry for any confusion, I haven't ever taken a break much longer than 24 hours but my doses still work most of the time, when I notice them start to diminish, I usually cut my dose and use weak brown kratom for a couple of days, that's worked for me the last 2 years, YMMV.
Sorry for any confusion, I haven't ever taken a break much longer than 24 hours but my doses still work most of the time, when I notice them start to diminish, I usually cut my dose and use weak brown kratom for a couple of days, that's worked for me the last 2 years, YMMV.
-
Drewbie
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 pm
Re: Taper experiences?
That's what I figured you meant. Thanks for the feedback again.CatfatherB wrote:Hey I edited my post, cuz I originally said 6-8 grams a day, I meant to type 6-8 grams a dose.
Sorry for any confusion, I haven't ever taken a break much longer than 24 hours but my doses still work most of the time, when I notice them start to diminish, I usually cut my dose and use weak brown kratom for a couple of days, that's worked for me the last 2 years, YMMV.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Taper experiences?
I’ve been taking 6g twice a day for a long time and results have been great. No tolerance issues for ages. Then I started having tolerance issues. So I have been slowly increasing my doses. I got up to just over 7g and was feeling good for awhile but not consistently. This morning I took 5g and I just took my second dose of 5g (and prepped 5 & 5 for tomorrow). The morning dose was stronger than anything I’ve had in awhile. Same thing happened when I originally tapered down to 6g and then stuck with it. I thought I was tapering down for a break, but maybe this lower dose is gonna be the solution. I don’t know why this works, but it has a couple times for me. As counterintuitive as it seems.